crit when crafting

MickJacobs

I'm not sure if the previous respondant is crafting only high level items or just unlucky, but my experience and that of several friends suggests crit chances without +crit are not nearly so low as 1 in 100. I've done quite a bit of crafting with my biochem, implants as well as reusables, and I'd estimate that crit chances without a crit bonus are closer to around 15 percent, maybe as high as 20. I base this on my common experience of setting a companion to craft the max possible of five things in a row, and more often than not one of those five critting. My caveat is that I have refrained from most high level crafting, knowing that RE chances for such are borked, so it's quite possible crit chances there are also borked or deliberately lower. However, even when crafting a set of 20 max level blue medpacks for a guildie, I did get two crits, so take that for what it's worth. As always ymmv.

I reckon it's about 5% crit for low affection toons. There have been reports that max affection companions can double that rate. If that's the case, I'd bet that the increase is linear, so a companion at 5kAff would crit at about 7.5% rate.

As someone who does ALOT of crafting, I would say that the rates are MUCH higher then what the previous posters are talking about.

When my companions were around 1-3000 affection for me, yes the crit was pretty low (maybe 5-7%). Once you max all your companions affection, the ones without the crit bonus is around 10-15% while ones with +crit are close to 20-25%.

Just my experience, and I craft about 60 items a day.

-Yelp

I'm a data nerd, so I track these things. I ran just over 1k slicing missions and kept track of the crit chance from my companions. With no affection or crit bonus, my companions crit on around 12% of all missions. With 10,000 affection, that went up to about 20%.*

If you want a pretty graph of the results:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-v1dJKGqjSnk/T1W7l4lR1OI/AAAAAAAAAGs/jPCyZq-5jno/s1600/slicing_crit.png

Running missions isn't crafting, but I've started to track those numbers as well. I have noticed that my results are remarkably streaky (craft 50, get no crits - next batch of 50 is half crit-crafted), but I'm working on getting enough data together now.

*This assumes the ship droid really does have 0 affection and works like other companions.