Guild Drama

Kelcan

Anyone have any good guild drama stories they want to share? Doesnt have to be limited to SWTOR. I had a bit the other day and after the fact they are the stupidest things ever and I love the stories.

I have played many MMORPGs and never stayed long in any guild unless I made it with RL friends. How about you?

I was in a wow guild where there were two dudes both posing as females, got all friendly with each other, cybered a bit thinking they were each hitting on an actual chick. Then they discovered they were both dudes.

Good god that still makes me laugh...5 years later.

Let's see here. On WoW I was co-gm of a guild and the guild leader got into a car accident. He passed lead to someone else and the guild just kind of split and crumbled from there. Got kicked from Shan's Demise on the server Hanharr because I killed the gm after stunning him so he'd stop running away from my level 12 sniper. I think that covers the major ones. :p

Was in an EQ guild raiding Vindi (for those that know). During the tense, long setup time for that encounter, a well known female guildy in a bizarre game "relationship" with one of the guild officers (I.E. they considered each other their partners) sent the following mistel to the guild channel instead of her group channel:

"I'm f***** h0rny and need to be f***ed right now. Are one of you guys going to cyber me or what!"

I swear, guild chat went silent for a good 5 minutes. She logged about 10 seconds later.

Edited by kmontyw

In Guild Wars we were on a mission North of the map on Nigtfall. 3 of us were questing and one said hold on I need quick break, so we stood in an open desert, chatting waiting... the guy came back and another the other guildy said 'you back now hopefully no body died?' (impatiently), the guy coming back said, "actually yes, my father died last week it was the vicar at the door wanting to speak to my mother"...... Queue tumbleweeds,,, we stood there in silence for what seemed like minutes......Before the guy said, "only kidding it was my dad asking me if I wanted a takeaway LOL........ BIG sigh of relief before the cursing of 'that aint even funny' came....

Was in an EQ guild raiding Vindi (for those that know). During the tense, long setup time for that encounter, a well known female guildy in a bizarre game "relationship" with one of the guild officers (I.E. they considered each other their partners) sent the following mistel to the guild channel instead of her group channel:

"I'm f***** h0rny and need to be f***ed right now. Are one of you guys going to cyber me or what!"

I swear, guild chat went silent for a good 5 minutes. She logged about 10 seconds later.

I actually did something like that in Star Trek Online, but only much, much worse.

I was in a writing club that played that game, and we all had our little secret channel where the group of us could ERP together (big group actually), and I miss-telled a rather sordid and steamy paragraph describing an ****** to global chat.

Global chat in STO is GLOBAL chat... LOL. Universe wide.

I got a humorous private message from a GM scolding me for my error, though very pleased with what I had written! ROFL!!

Edited by TheGreatNeechi

I must admit many of your stories are hilarious. I recently left a guild, with due cause, because they raid at times that doesnt work for me at all. Most of the folks live in PST and I live in Denver. So they are an hour behind and able to play later at night, which is totally kool.

I know these other two guys and myself have a conversation one day with the GM about pushing the raids up earlier by one hour. A week later, I simply followed up with the Lt GM about whether or not the GM had discussed it with the rest of the guild. It started a f* sh** storm craziness, I was getting chewed out for even suggesting we raid earlier, this Lt GM got all mad started telling me off in Guild chat, while two of the other Guild members started whispering me telling me to **** or calm the f* down, I didnt even get a chance to respond and was like f* this Im out. Literally, all of this happened so fast I was like spinning around wildly in my office chair here.

Honestly, this Lt GM said stuff that was just mean, she started telling me I wasnt good enough to be raiding with the guild anyways, that I didnt know sh** about SWTOR (like its been out for years and years and shes some sort of original player and I just f* started), etc, etc. Actually, I expected me leaving the guild would create a whole uproar of crap and I would be receiving hate mail and such. But to my surprise I have not received any hate mail at all.

back in some other game, I stumbled upon some guild I ended up reaaally loving, but when I first joined I ended up in the middle of huge drama-lama stuff. the guild had originally come from some other game, and two people were talking in vent when I entered the channel about how the hated the current game.. so I was all O.o and just listening in... eventually the female started calling the guild leader (female aswell) a f** b** and worse names. the guy also in the channel agreed with everything she said and then they went all 'yeah we need to take over the guild so we can go back to (other game)'...

that was the time where I decided I've had enough and told the guild leader's boyfriend in msn to go online on vent (I joined the guild because we became sort-of friends in-game back then and he wanted me to tag along with them ;) )... so he joined aswell, and they didn't notice that either, talking too heated about how they could make the actual guild leader and the officiers look bad so people would ask for them to become leaders.

well... me and my friend listened in for a while, talking about it on msn during the whole session. eventually he had enough and booted them from the guild-in game. a few seconds later you heard an 'oh ****' on vent and it went silent. lol.

end of the story was that the two created a new guild (in the game they supposedly hated) and since it was a one-faction pvp-server... well let's just say we had a lot of fun with them :D