Official Roleplaying server?

Grihm

Greetings and welcome to The Old Republic.

I thought we could gather up as many roleplayers as possible on the same server, and since many experience problems logging in or waiting for their access to begin, perhaps we could use this time to point all to the same direction.

So, what server will you roleplayers choose, and if they are available, please mention server-names for both

Rp-Pve

Rp-Pvp

EDIT: European servers

Edited by Grihm

Just saw that there was an official server list if you mouse-over news and updates, scroll down to server status and there they are. Now it´s just a matter of picking.

There are probably a lot of players playing right now so hopefully we wont scatter to much rather than gather at lesser but bigger places.

Lord Adraas, appears to be a popular choice for RP-PvE US-East Coast.

Just saw your post about being Europe.

The two English-speaking Euro RP-PvE servers seem to have about the same numbers. The Progenitor was the one picked by the Swtor-RP forum community.

Edited by Langkard

I usually play RP servers simply because it shatters my hypnotic state of game immersion to be fighting to save the universe and suddenly see a toon run by named "Babygotback" or "Ninjabunny".

I see that and I snap out of my game dream and back to reality. Reality sucks, thats why I play, and why I like the RP servers. I know its just a game, but I enjoy the illusion.

If you look on the server status list (mouseover News & Updates then select Server Status), the European servers are the ones with "N/A" listed for region. That doesn't tell you which language, though. For that, go to http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=255#edit255 and scroll down to the list of European servers.

You can sort the server status list by population. All of the RP servers are medium or low population at this time. The two English-speaking Euro RP-PvE servers - The Progenitor and Trask Ulgo - are both medium population.

Edited by Langkard

Proginator is a more casual RP server by the looks of it, a lot of the initial guilds on Trask Ulgo according to SWTOR-RP are of a more Heavy RP background (by their own classification). That isn't to say there are no casual guilds on Trask Ulgo or that there are no Heavy RPers on Proginator, but from our findings last night a core number of pre-release guilds who are Heavy RP have ended up on Trask.

We welcome everyone to come check us out :)

Ninja'a by Sureshot ;)

Edited by Yospeck

I'll assume most will be heading to a RP-PVE server. I haven't played on an RP-PVP server in any other MMO but I've heard it is a favourite destination for griefers. Is it accurate to say that RP-PVP attracts more trolly jerks? I'm on PST, by the way.

This is going well. Steady stream of players arriving and i´m guessing by the end of early access we will have begun to fill at least a few.

Now just the issue of picking one :rolleyes:

Will give it a few more hours and check the server statuses.