Companion affection

Boccanon

I have a few questions regarding KOTFE and companions affection level:

1. Will the companions affection be reset after we loose them (temporarly) when 4.0 is here?

2. Will affection be removed after 4.0 is here?

3. If affection is goin to stay after 4.0, will we get a more easier way to get our companions first levels of affection other than buying about 80 gifts in the companion gift vendor on fleet? (That is suuuuch a drag standing there clicking one gift after another... :mad:)

No one knows the answers to any of your questions. We are all in wait and see mode. The only (oxymoron alert) "substantial rumor" is that daily questing will be a source of affection. Everything else speculation off that rumor.

Sorry to be so unhelpful

I have a few questions regarding KOTFE and companions affection level:

1. Will the companions affection be reset after we loose them (temporarly) when 4.0 is here?

2. Will affection be removed after 4.0 is here?

3. If affection is goin to stay after 4.0, will we get a more easier way to get our companions first levels of affection other than buying about 80 gifts in the companion gift vendor on fleet? (That is suuuuch a drag standing there clicking one gift after another... :mad:)

Poar removed when informed that it is forbidden to post or discuss data mined material on forum although that material is being discussed in a number of other posts, links contained in other posts, and can be easily found all over the internet with a simple search.

Edited by asbalana

Asbalana, thank you for the link.

Interesting stuff. I noticed that all the terminal unlocked companions/followers are all the romance enabled plus a handful of favorites. But I also saw that they do not appear immediately - if you unlock them you have to then find them in the story.

New use for war supplies is a nice addition

Edited by psandak

Asbalana, I'd really suggest removing the link, they have been pretty explicit about not discussing and sharing information from data mining on the forums.

To the OP, we really don't know exactly what will be changing, other than there will be some new companions, and that companions are getting an overhaul designed to make them more flexible role wise.

I would say maxing companion affection today is 'worth it' if you do a lot of crafting, as well as to unlock the legacy buffs and especially for main (first) companions, unlocking their full story and mission(s).

And yes, spamming gifts can be annoying - though at least its better than it was at launch when gifts had some ridiculously long cool down.

Edited by DawnAskham

Asbalana, I'd really suggest removing the link, they have been pretty explicit about not discussing and sharing information from data mining on the forums.

To the OP, we really don't know exactly what will be changing, other than there will be some new companions, and that companions are getting an overhaul designed to make them more flexible role wise.

I would say maxing companion affection today is 'worth it' if you do a lot of crafting, as well as to unlock the legacy buffs and especially for main (first) companions, unlocking their full story and mission(s).

And yes, spamming gifts can be annoying - though at least its better than it was at launch when gifts had some ridiculously long cool down.

I was not aware of that (not discussing data mined info).

Funny thing is that I picked up the link from another post on the forum and have seen it any number of times in other posts.

I think so long as you preface what you with link "this is not official, so do not take it as gospel" it falls into a gray area.

Much thanks for your kind words.

But I have a bad temper and rather not experience my own reaction if banned.

I guess we will have to wait for the devs blogs (probably after October 27) to find out what is in the expansion we are already playing.

I was not aware of that (not discussing data mined info).

Funny thing is that I picked up the link from another post on the forum and have seen it any number of times in other posts.

Yeah I've seen lots of posts as well, but I also had a friend get a warning for posting data mined information from another site (in some train wreck argument thread in general that got deleted), then ran across this post in the main thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=829011