Now that cleanse is worthless

Krionic

Preventing damage is worthless?

which damage? dots that are on cd and not more or less immediately reapplied autmoatically are doing so low damage that it wasn't ever worth to cleanse them.

actually cleans is a quite worthless ability, only usefull in very few situations. most of the time the gcd you are losing costs could have been spend far better.

which damage? dots that are on cd and not more or less immediately reapplied autmoatically are doing so low damage that it wasn't ever worth to cleanse them.

actually cleans is a quite worthless ability, only usefull in very few situations. most of the time the gcd you are losing costs could have been spend far better.

Cleanse is the only thing between me and the respawn when a marauder targets me.

Can i swap Force Lift then since im not specced into it and imo its not that useful to me? Ill take a spammable self-heal. Thanks!

OR, you could realise that EVERY skill you have is situational and has a scale of usefulness depending on how you spec and how you play, in conjunction with what the bad guys do.

So sick of whiny little cry-babies. Thats why the game is getting into this state. To satisfy muppets like the OP.

DoT damage is pretty terrible overall aside from Marauder/Sentinel DoTs.

1500 damage over 18 seconds, for 3 ammo, when I can do an attack for 1400 instantly, for 2 ammo.

A DoT on you from a BH or Trooper with a fire spec isn't there just for the damage.

It buffs other attacks which they THEN unload on you.

Can i swap Force Lift then since im not specced into it and imo its not that useful to me? Ill take a spammable self-heal. Thanks!

OR, you could realise that EVERY skill you have is situational and has a scale of usefulness depending on how you spec and how you play, in conjunction with what the bad guys do.

So sick of whiny little cry-babies. Thats why the game is getting into this state. To satisfy muppets like the OP.

Oh you mean all the whiney cry-babies like you that pouted that they didn't know you could cleanse a dot to cap an objective? Those cry-babies?

A DoT on you from a BH or Trooper with a fire spec isn't there just for the damage.

cool, you just cleansed it. and since you are VISIBLY no longer on fire... guess what.. they reapply and your cleanse is on cool down.

cool, you just cleansed it. and since you are VISIBLY no longer on fire... guess what.. they reapply and your cleanse is on cool down.

Hm, yes, their guaranteed DoT which is 25% of their resources vs. my cleanse which is almost free...

Yes, please do reapply your DoT.

Even for PTs/Vanguards, they have to get almost into melee range to reapply their DoT and it still is far more expensive than cleanse.

You know what's great at mitigating damage?

Running someone else's resources out.

I am aware of that. Gut is the same thing, it's only there so that you can use Railshot. I'm not talking about just that though, all DoTs are weak in this game for the resource cost.

Force Breach for example only does like 15% more damage than Shadow Breach, even though it does it over 18 seconds instead of instantly (and does kinetic damage instead of internal I believe, so actually ends up being less.)

Cleanse is the only thing between me and the respawn when a marauder targets me.

actually you are right. against marauders with this dot specc (watchman in case of sentinels) it is the only usefull damage prevention.

i forgot that due to warzones where i rarly have a one on one situation against a marauder to have this worth doing it.

edit: but it seems my post gets a bit misunderstood. i don't share the opinion of the op. cleanse is still not worthless. though it is not that great damage preventing ability many think it to be (like it was in wow maybe). still a nice one.

Edited by me_unknown

I am aware of that. Gut is the same thing, it's only there so that you can use Railshot. I'm not talking about just that though, all DoTs are weak in this game for the resource cost.

Force Breach for example only does like 15% more damage than Shadow Breach, even though it does it over 18 seconds instead of instantly (and does kinetic damage instead of internal I believe, so actually ends up being less.)

Go tell that to Lethality/Dirty Tricks IAs/Smugglers.

Oh you mean all the whiney cry-babies like you that pouted that they didn't know you could cleanse a dot to cap an objective? Those cry-babies?

Still Waiting on you to link me the post where I said anything even close to that Kri.

Imagine ill be waiting a heck of a long time, seeing as you made it up.

actually this often didn't worked. in 2 out of 3 situations i couldn't cleanse everything that prevented me from tapping. sages cleans removes two effects at random.

but maybe i only have bad luck getting full of the hell knows what nearly everytime being in a warzone. focus target number one ;)

Hm, yes, their guaranteed DoT which is 25% of their resources vs. my cleanse which is almost free...

Yes, please do reapply your DoT.

Even for PTs/Vanguards, they have to get almost into melee range to reapply their DoT and it still is far more expensive than cleanse.

You know what's great at mitigating damage?

Running someone else's resources out.

Funny - thats the same argument I made about dot spammers. They are only gimping themselves. and while someone MIGHT be able to apply 5 dots on 5 different people before they are destoryed and then 1 of those 5 people i'm sure will have a dot cleaner and you can cap your objective. but 5 is a little much since i'm sure the dot spammer will spend some time CC's stunned knocked back or pulled out of range. Or atleast thats how i handle it. I've never had trouble capping an objective because 1 person spammed his dot.