I hope it gets a little better from this point on...

Xael

I keep hearing about how everyone seems to think the IA storyline is amazing, and through Act 1, it certainly was awesome... especially as a LS agent who dislikes Sith, and talks down to them at all times.

Anyways, I am now starting up Act 2, lvl 33, and it seems like this act is starting very slow...

I am 2 missions into Taris, and I hope it is just a matter of letting the story build.

Also, as a concealment Operative, I seem to be having trouble now because Kaliyo is becoming rapidly squishy as I level. Does this get better? Will hidden strike make a big difference in getting the initial jump on Elites?

Right now, the story is slow, and my leveling is getting rough (Kaliyo will die on a solo Elite, leaving me to tank the last 20% or so).

Please tell me it gets better soon?

I keep hearing about how everyone seems to think the IA storyline is amazing, and through Act 1, it certainly was awesome... especially as a LS agent who dislikes Sith, and talks down to them at all times.

Anyways, I am now starting up Act 2, lvl 33, and it seems like this act is starting very slow...

I am 2 missions into Taris, and I hope it is just a matter of letting the story build.

Also, as a concealment Operative, I seem to be having trouble now because Kaliyo is becoming rapidly squishy as I level. Does this get better? Will hidden strike make a big difference in getting the initial jump on Elites?

Right now, the story is slow, and my leveling is getting rough (Kaliyo will die on a solo Elite, leaving me to tank the last 20% or so).

Please tell me it gets better soon?

although i played neutral and loved it, i felt the agent story was pretty incredible all the way through. however, i ahd the same issue with squishiness, so just know that you'll get your healer companion at the end of taris, at which point things will get much smoother on tough fights. in the meantime, try going double dps with vector, thats what i do for most trash on my smuggler (mirror tree and companion) and find myself winning the dps race much easier and with less heartbreak than with a tank.

Every class seems to hit a spot in the low 30s where there's a sudden spike in difficulty. I'd suggest sticking through it, as it should get better in a few levels.

And I personally thought the twist in the beginning of Act 2 was good - and you find out more information about it bit by bit. There are also some good setpiece moments, but overall I thought Act 2 was better than Act 1...which was just "go here, hunt terrorist, go there and repeat." Act 2 to me felt like it had a much better overarching storyline to tie it all together.

It picks up and gets better at the end of Act 2 and onto Act 3 though, so hopefully you wind up enjoying it more soon.

I felt as you (the original poster) and the story does get better.

I leveled as healer so I had no issues with Kaliyo. But as dps - try using a healer for tough battles. That's what I did with my Assassin. Usually worked better than using tank (Khem Val).