Assassin Tank

Stedanko

Hi, I am a Assassin Tank and pvper since the start. I just think the tanks with defense shield and absorb are a little under powered when it comes to pvp. Seems like ever since you changed the expertise percentages I just feel gimped. Why is damage increased higher than damage decreased for expertise? It makes the fully geared dps really powerful and I can't get the decrease I need to beat them. Am I supposed to be a tank? Because it don't feel like it. You should give us an option to trade in our survivor gear for dps gear. Because I played a tank to be a tank, and thats not what I am. I am a low dps connonfodder with 4000 extra life.

Unhappy Tank

Hi, I am a Assassin Tank and pvper since the start. I just think the tanks with defense shield and absorb are a little under powered when it comes to pvp. Seems like ever since you changed the expertise percentages I just feel gimped. Why is damage increased higher than damage decreased for expertise? It makes the fully geared dps really powerful and I can't get the decrease I need to beat them. Am I supposed to be a tank? Because it don't feel like it. You should give us an option to trade in our survivor gear for dps gear. Because I played a tank to be a tank, and thats not what I am. I am a low dps connonfodder with 4000 extra life.

Unhappy Tank

I am a full WH Assassin tank, 22/17/2... I got 27.2k HP in my pvp gear and I have no real issues with it. I agree that tank spec should get some more damage reduction (I agree than damage boost is a bit OP compared to the others), but it isn't that bad. I guess it depends on how you spec because I have pretty good survivability. I do **** for DPS, but thats not my role as a tank. Taunt the crap out of everything, guard like your life depends on it.

Unhappy Tank

I too play a tank shadow. I started off with full survivor gear, but the dps is just not enough. I have swapped some modifications from stalker gears to up my dps a little, keeping around 24.5k HP fully stim-ed and buffed.

The shield is basically useless against yellow damage. So i wouldn't concentrate too much on that.

As a assassin/shadow tank, you should be able to outlast your opponents 1v1. The only trouble i have is against good powertechs and marauders, as their damage mitigation and dps are better than sin/shadow tanks. And of course healers, we cant kill healers.

Also, one of your major role is to guard your team mates, especially healers. And you should be scoring in huttball as well.

Well I have played 31/0/10 and am currently playing 27/0/14 for death field heals. I run the fortification augments with 2 defense augments to give me 28.83 defense with the rakata endurance/defense buff and fully buffed. 24300 hp and I do ok but I just think the damage boost from expertise which tanks don't do much damage so its not as powerful as a dps with 24% damage boost and I only get 19% damage reduction(which everyone benefits the same from). It just seems to help the dps classes more than the tank classes as far as expertise goes. for instance 24% of 1000 is 240 but 24% of 2000 is 480. DPS is benefiting more from expertise than the tank classes at the moment.

And I am a good player. I love pvp. I guard and score in huttball. I am fully aware of Assassin skills. I really think they should balance damage boost and damage reduction. Yea.. I know I won't kill a healer unless they are under geared, I just chase em around and interrupt and stun them and mostly be a nuisance to them. hehehe

I usually play as a 23/16/2 guardian tank and honestly have no real problems with surviving, 24.7k hp when stimmed and I think 28/48/47 on my defence stats. Honestly we as pure tanks are pretty well balanced if you take having a healer into our balancing equation I mean I'm near unkillable if I have a healer working with me in BM or better, also if you want more damage but to still be tanky, spec fully into an offense spec while in your tank gear and using your tank stance and you'll become this games equivilant of tanky dps. I've done it a couple times moving over into the focus tree and my damage doubles and I don't lose that much survivability, it just feels wrong, but to each their own. Edited by Lintman