Gav Daragon to Begeren Colony?

TseTse

Sounds like a lot of the AIPAC players are not happy especially with the lag that they will get it.

We will see, it will be nice to have some aussies on here calling me a pom :)

A Pom? They never said there'd be Poms! Strain the flaming cows, and so on.

Wait, let me detangle this - the Poms are already in the Colony, and the Colonials are being (ahem) forcibly migrated there? Shipped there, if you will?

It's all so familiar, and yet so worng :).

Unfortunately EA has never noticed that Gav Daragon is hardly considered to be an RP server by its players.

In the first 2 months of the Asia Pacific launch Gav Daragon swallowed up all the players that could not get onto the only other PvE server due to overcrowding. I am not saying that there aren't RP's. I know of at least one guild that RP's. However the vast majority of people that are going to be transferred don't even know what RPing is and have no interest in it.

If you think this merger sounds like a bad idea I suggest you let EA know.

For a long time I have hoped that BC would get some of the APAC players. I am a fan of having a large community, and will be happy to welcome all of the Gav players. I am crossing my fingers for good pvpers.

For a long time I have hoped that BC would get some of the APAC players. I am a fan of having a large community, and will be happy to welcome all of the Gav players. I am crossing my fingers for good pvpers.

haha! Well coming from GD myself i can only guarantee good/competitive rep pvpers. The Imps on Gav Daragon are a little in lacking for pvp compared to our Reps, but that doesn't mean we don't smash our opponents from time to time. I'm not a huge fan of the merge but I'm open to see what happens! The only thing our server is missing is large numbers. However, guilds will suffer. Our guild is in shell shock about what will happen to us. We've (not myself personally) been there since the dawn of Gav Daragon so its shattering to see what is to become of it.

^_^ All in all, Unchained from Gav Daragon will surely make an Impression on Begeren Colony.

Welcome to those of you whom will be joining BC in the near future. It'll be nice to see some newer faces, but is this really "the best" option for APAC players? While this issue won't affect my characters, I can see where some players have concerns over latency issues. I hope it won't be a gamebreaker for most people, but it will be for some it seems.

Not sure what the final outcome will be, but BC will welcome anyone whom joins us. The majority of our community is friendly, but like with any server, there is drama here and there. Feel free ask questions and I'm sure you'll get answers (whether or not it's the answer you're looking for ;) ). For RP, here is a website used by some of our RP community:

http://begerencolony.org/forum/index.php

The day they move in will be an amazing day for Kaelefth.

I love you.

On a side note. To those on GD did Mi'ri by any chance play on that server. She was a very good player imp side that I would love to see back on BC.

I love you.

On a side note. To those on GD did Mi'ri by any chance play on that server. She was a very good player imp side that I would love to see back on BC.

I think she had moved to Dalborra server.

Hi Guys

Some of us can't wait for the move to happen and join in your RP community. For those of us who do RP it's been nothing short of a nightmare to endure some on this server, so yes we're hoping BW give them the option to transfer to the Harbinger too.

But RP, and proper RP at that, awaits! :D

Welcome to those of you whom will be joining BC in the near future. It'll be nice to see some newer faces, but is this really "the best" option for APAC players? While this issue won't affect my characters, I can see where some players have concerns over latency issues. I hope it won't be a gamebreaker for most people, but it will be for some it seems.

There was no "best" option.

There were two options, both with positives and negatives, and this is the one we got. The latency is going to be a PITA for high-end PvPers, especially melee classes, and I suspect a lot of them won't persist. I've never been so awesome/twitchy a player that 1/5 of a second makes a difference to my playstyle, but for those who are, it'll be a heavy blow, and it takes away an important selling point that this game had over other MMOs.

On the other hand, at least there'll be people to play with. The official word is that even merging the servers wouldn't have solved the population problems - I have no idea how much of that is post-descision reasoning, or whether the situation would have been different if they had acted earlier, but there you are.

If you play at anything other than peak times on the APAC servers, you have a long wait for FPs and even longer for Ops. The GTN doesn't really work, because no-one is around to buy stuff, and casual RPing is a mythical beast; occasionally talked about, but never seen in the wild. Although, I will miss doing burnouts around the Pylon on Ilum, and farming WZ comms there without having to actually PVP all that much ...

I was on BC before the APAC servers went live - you're good folks, and I'm looking forward to renewing the acquaintance.

Many of us top-end PvPers from GD would love the competition. And we'd love to bring you guys something to think about. Unfortunately, with the latency, no matter what we do our ability to do those clutch/amazing tricks that always leave people's mouths wide (

at 4:26 if you want a sample -- this was a while back) will always be a bit behind. And our top-end PvPers are actually thinking of abandoning ship. That isn't to say we will -- personally it'll be good to see who's still here from last I was here before APAC servers opened up (I know Consular's still around); but I'll go with my brothers and sisters.

Edit: Is Riggsen still around? Vanguard? Dude was an aussie as well but I know he decided to stick around rather than transfer to APAC servers.

Edited by TrueNovaZero

Hi Guys.

While not from GD but Dalbora, I am curious of the viability of coming here with my guild instead of Harbinger.

While it will probably be like 12 players /56 characters, we are looking for a more mature environment to what i have experienced on harb, while we dont RP, some may take an interest but we generally keep to ourselves. Just wondering if this is a better destination now that Apac players will get a choice of server now.

Hi Guys.

While not from GD but Dalbora, I am curious of the viability of coming here with my guild instead of Harbinger.

While it will probably be like 12 players /56 characters, we are looking for a more mature environment to what i have experienced on harb, while we dont RP, some may take an interest but we generally keep to ourselves. Just wondering if this is a better destination now that Apac players will get a choice of server now.

Whilst I'm not on Begeren yet, so long as people are respectful of RPers we should all get along just fine.

Hi Guys.

I think you would be fine. The community here is really nice, we have a couple ppeople that push peoples buttons but nothing to make the server inhabitable haha. The PvP scene is fairly big but its a tight knit community just about veryonr knows everyone.

I think you would be fine. The community here is really nice, we have a couple ppeople that push peoples buttons but nothing to make the server inhabitable haha. The PvP scene is fairly big but its a tight knit community just about veryonr knows everyone.

my marauder is looking forward to this. It will be so nice to bring him out of retirement.