Conquest Exploit Farming - Battle of Ilum (Is it an exploit? Or just boring farming?)

Ocho-Quatro

The PVP conquest challenges pay out less than the PvE ones. Also, there are many more PvE challenges than PvP ones.

Agree.

I'm happy about the change incoming. I was about to smash my face into my screen if I had to run FE or BoI again. I can handle a daily limit but having it repeatable while rewarding so many points made it a priority must for all Guildies to run over and over and over. Conquest is always going to be a grind, but at least they can fight off boring aspects to it.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree.

I'm happy about the change incoming. I was about to smash my face into my screen if I had to run FE or BoI again. I can handle a daily limit but having it repeatable while rewarding so many points made it a priority must for all Guildies to run over and over and over. Conquest is always going to be a grind, but at least they can fight off boring aspects to it.

I would rather run BoL or BT over and and over than run WZs over and over... That doesn't mean limiting one and not the other is an appropriate solution.

If you are going to fix flashpoints in this manner you need to fix warzones to have a cap as well. It would be imbalanced PVE v PVP.

Yep. Once per day vs. unlimited is pretty imbalanced. I'd rather see something like a 3 or 5 per day cap on both to encourage some variety if that's really the way they want to go.

I'm a bit worried that any fix that they put in place may remove the ability to run FPs for mats or comms.....that would be unfortunate if that is the case.

All they are removing is the conquest point rewards. You can run the flashpoint as often as you want, but you only get the rewards once.

I would rather run BoL or BT over and and over than run WZs over and over... That doesn't mean limiting one and not the other is an appropriate solution.

Yep. Once per day vs. unlimited is pretty imbalanced. I'd rather see something like a 3 or 5 per day cap on both to encourage some variety if that's really the way they want to go.

Which is why it should be separated by planet IMO. Set it up so that 1 planet is about PvE objectives and the other is PvP, and a third with a combination. This will allow a guild to chose one or both playstyles to use to compete.

There's not really anything that can be done to adjust this weeks conquests, but it at least clears the way for next week to be more competitive.

Isn't that what was said about last week's exploit/patch -- that this week would be more competitive?

Edited by eartharioch

In its current state. FE and BoL reward FAR more conquest than a BG. I would have to run at least 12 BGs to match the conquest to one run through either of those Fps - and they're REPEATABLE! Even with the incoming fix, those two FP dailies will be worth 24 BG runs!

As for preference, that's relative to the player. I prefer PvE but I like PvP as well. In it's current state, I would much rather farm BGs than the same Flashpoint where the NPCs are unchanged. BGs at least provide randomness of outcome and gameplay.

So I can infinitely queue for warzones and lose every singe time and still get rewarded, while I can only do a flashpoint once. Great. If I want to farm Black Talon until my nose bleeds shouldn't that be my choice? Both the warzone loser and the BT farmer both put in the time, what's the difference here?

Hey all,

I brought this to the attention of the team, and discovered that this is a bug - Flashpoint Conquest Objectives are intended to be one-time only, not infinitely repeatable. The only Flashpoint Objectives that can be repeated are the Group Finder ones - and those can only be done when you have the Daily Mission for the Group Finder available.

We will be releasing 2.9c tomorrow morning to address this issue. There will be a maintenance post made later today with the full information.

Thanks,

Tait

Tait, are these Flashpoint Conquest Objectives going to be doable once per character, or only once per Legacy like some of the current one-time objectives (TC, etc.)?

So I can infinitely queue for warzones and lose every singe time and still get rewarded, while I can only do a flashpoint once. Great. If I want to farm Black Talon until my nose bleeds shouldn't that be my choice? Both the warzone loser and the BT farmer both put in the time, what's the difference here?

Then farm Black Talon - you still can, even if it's only rewarded once per day. The reward doesn't interfere with your farming at all.

It boils down to what kind of behavior do you want to incentivize. My guess is that they want to create incentives to PvP. This is reasonable since the players are the content in PvP. What they do not want is people running a level 10 FP over and over just for the rewards.

The difference between the two is that a Warzone is different every single time you do it. It's not the same as a Flashpoint. Sure some people will just afk or lose on purpose, but in my experience, most people at least try to win. They may be bad at the game, but if they stick with it they will improve. Those who are so anti-PvP that they won't participate honestly will burn themselves out.

So basically what they are saying here is "chain queu starfighter, or you deserve to lose balmorra". love it. I get that the ilum/bt/esseles trick was a bit cheap, but at least on my server for the invasion of balmorra, it seemed a pretty even race. but as of tomorrow morning now it becomes "whoever queus the most for GSF wins". Feels good man, feels good.

It boils down to what kind of behavior do you want to incentivize. My guess is that they want to create incentives to PvP.

Then they should figure out legitimate ways to make PvP better so people queue because they want to, not so they can get slaughtered for 10 minutes and magically get rewarded for it over and over and over... I find it hard to believe that the PvP community really thinks that filling the queue with bads who only want the reward is somehow going to improve the state of PvP in this game.

Edited by Kazyon

In its current state. FE and BoL reward FAR more conquest than a BG. I would have to run at least 12 BGs to match the conquest to one run through either of those Fps - and they're REPEATABLE! Even with the incoming fix, those two FP dailies will be worth 24 BG runs!

As for preference, that's relative to the player. I prefer PvE but I like PvP as well. In it's current state, I would much rather farm BGs than the same Flashpoint where the NPCs are unchanged. BGs at least provide randomness of outcome and gameplay.

If you're worried about the points being unfair then wouldn't it be a better solution to balance the points they reward than to have one limited and one not?

Then farm Black Talon - you still can, even if it's only rewarded once per day. The reward doesn't interfere with your farming at all.

He wants to be rewarded with his farming, and why shouldn't he?

I'll reword: If I'm going to have to farm something infinitely to get my conquest points I would rather run Black Talon until my nose bleeds than run warzones. Why shouldn't I be able to?

Then they should figure out legitimate ways to make PvP better so people queue because they want to, not so they can get slaughtered for 10 minutes and magically get rewarded for it over and over and over... I find it hard to believe that the PvP community really thinks that filling the queue with bads who only want the reward is somehow going to improve the state of PvP in this game.

The reward is only 500 conquest dude, lol. Is that really outrageous for a repeatable? I'd have to get through 12 BGs to equal one run through FE.

He wants to be rewarded with his farming, and why shouldn't he?

I'll reword: If I'm going to have to farm something infinitely to get my conquest points I would rather run Black Talon until my nose bleeds than run warzones. Why shouldn't I be able to?

I haven't said you shouldn't. I don't agree with this change myself...but...point totals are outrageously high this week so I can see a need for some changes....any guild not in the top 10 tonight will have a helluva time cracking it after the patch.

Hey all,

I brought this to the attention of the team, and discovered that this is a bug - Flashpoint Conquest Objectives are intended to be one-time only, not infinitely repeatable. The only Flashpoint Objectives that can be repeated are the Group Finder ones - and those can only be done when you have the Daily Mission for the Group Finder available.

We will be releasing 2.9c tomorrow morning to address this issue. There will be a maintenance post made later today with the full information.

Thanks,

Tait

I fail to see how this is an exploit when PvP rewards are infinitely repeatable. If you take one away the other needs to go away also. Give credit for the PvP daily/weekly and that's it.

I fail to see how this is an exploit when PvP rewards are infinitely repeatable. If you take one away the other needs to go away also. Give credit for the PvP daily/weekly and that's it.

That's stupid. For the 18 PvE things that reward points, only ONE PvP activity does.

The reward is only 500 conquest dude, lol. Is that really outrageous for a repeatable? I'd have to get through 12 BGs to equal one run through FE.

Yes, it is. We were on Makeb last week and came in a solid second place with about 5 million conquest. The winning guild had more than 10 million conquest points, and they did it by running WZs almost nonstop with full premades. So yes, for an organized and dedicated guild, it is outrageous.

And to clarify, I'm not saying the PvE repeatable wasn't outrageous either... but to nerf one and leave the other is wrong.

Yes, it is. We were on Makeb last week and came in a solid second place with about 5 million conquest. The winning guild had more than 10 million conquest points, and they did it by running WZs almost nonstop with full premades. So yes, for an organized and dedicated guild, it is outrageous.

And to clarify, I'm not saying the PvE repeatable wasn't outrageous either... but to nerf one and leave the other is wrong.

If they were that well organized, they'd have succeeded in any "activity" that rewarded points.

Seriously? A BG is only worth 500 conquest! That amount warrants it being repeatable! I guess we should make all crafting daily as well. Hell, lets just make everything a daily because your +6K conquest repeatable is being taken away. Dear lord.

The amount of conquest earned determines whether it's repeatable or not. 500 Conquest = repeatable. 6k?????? really? Repeatable? No, lol.

Hey all,

Thanks,

Tait

So lets get this straight pvp'er's can run their warzones over and over again but pve'rs are only allowed to run their fp's once per day. How fair...