Best Times to PvP as a Imp/Pub Player (To Be continually updated)

Kenjigreat

Inspired by Agapex's The Typical people we carry in Warzones and Imperial Guild Line Up

At the End of the Day Its all about when you que so for the benefit of the Community, I would like a good list of when is the best time to PvP on both sides.

Of course everyone's experience's will vary.

For Republic - 8.am PST to 5.pm PST (Credit to Agape)

For Imps - 6.pm PST to 3am PST (Credit to Agape)

-Not claiming to have absolute or even close to the knowledge i should have about the best timings or when certain guilds prefer queuing , I will continually update this list and hopefully have a close to perfect list as possible.

Feedback is appreciated

Edited by Kenjigreat

Inspired by Agapex's The Typical people we carry in Warzones and Imperial Guild Line Up

At the End of the Day Its all about when you que so for the benefit of the Community, I would like a good list of when is the best time to PvP on both sides.

For Republic - 3.am PST to 9.am PST (Not 100% accurate)

For Imps - 2.pm PST to 8pm PST (Not 100% accurate)

-Not claiming to have absolute or even close to the knowledge i should have about the best timings or when certain guilds prefer queuing , I will continually update this list and hopefully have a close to perfect list as possible.

Feedback is appreciated

I could be mistaken but I think you republic range can go all the way into the afternoon. I also think your imperial range started to early and doesn't go late enough. That is based on conclusions I drew a couple moths ago though so maybe it has shifted, I don't think quite to the degree you have listed though. Lets see what other people noticed.

Pubs: 8am - 5pm

Imps: 6pm - 3am

Not sure why this happens though imps play at this time cuz it's after work, pubs plz explain why you play off prime time

The 'Pubs play off of prime-time because they're scared of the Empire. I thought it was obvious.

Most groups I have been in are made up of several groups of people.

Newbie:Guys in Recruit gear,and their first toon just turned fiddy. Still getting used to how pvp happens at endgame. Their effect on the outcome warzone can vary as a Newbie can be any of the below player types.

Veterans: Gear levels are varied, but they know whats going on, can be depended on to call out incomings, and will watch the objective. Can be relied on to pull their weight.

PvP Guild Premades: Voice chat, synergistic game play, and usually thinking a couple steps ahead. everynow and then you do run into a group who just don't care, and will just screw off. But mostly an advanced style of gameplay

Smoochies: These guys are usually found in PvE gear, or a conglomeration of all kinds of gear, they do not think ahead, they can only react to the situation at hand. They can usually be found afking in a corner. They dont care about the actual outcome of the war-zone, and they are just there for the comms. I imagine smoochies probably are more interested in other aspects of the game, as I don't think a lot of them really enjoy getting destroyed and topping the death charts.

In the off hours the Rep teams usually look like this

6: Veterans

2: Newbies

Imp teams however in the off hours usually have

5: Veterans

3: Smoochies

In the peak hours the group makeup looks like this

Imp:

4: PvP Guild Premades

2: Veterans

2: Newbies

Pub:

4: Veterans or a Premades

2: newbies

2: Smoochies

Problem is we tend to get a large influx of people who just don't care on the pub side. Imp side gets it too, i have seen it. I stopped getting frustrated anymore, its just something you get used to in the long run. besides theres always ranked, if I really got tired of it, I suppose I could always do that.

Edit:the Name Smoochies has nothing to do with the actual player....Ive just heard them called that since my time on wow.

Edited by Haystak

One reason that some players on pub side may not play in peak hours is because we are playing from a different time zone- specifically west of the international date line. Thus, peak hours for me and my pacific friends is still midnight(ish) which is early morning for you yanks.

-Lin

For Republic - 8.am PST to 5.pm PST (Credit to Agape)

For Imps - 6.pm PST to 3am PST (Credit to Agape)

Feedback is appreciated

So is this for Ranked or for Regular?

If Ranked well that should be discussed against the PvP Guilds (who have been lately doing kickball which has been kinda fun).

If this is Regular then you are really setting a precedence where opposite factions will stop queueing around the opposites best times and vice versa, and you're going to really enforce the Republic vs Republic and Empire vs Empire for Regular WZ. Is this what the server needs?

Edited by Zhaker

One reason that some players on pub side may not play in peak hours is because we are playing from a different time zone- specifically west of the international date line. Thus, peak hours for me and my pacific friends is still midnight(ish) which is early morning for you yanks.

-Lin

And well it doesnt help that the AP players are all spread thinly over so many guilds on pub side.

an interesting thread as i am always curious about the ebb and flows of pvp during the day

i've have been pug q'ing much lately-- both in 50's (imperial side only) and lowbie 10-49 (both factions and both lowbie toons are in their 20's and nicely to well-geared)

i play mainly early-mid morning server time during the week and many times over the weekend to periodically send crew on missions and get a couple dailys done

from server time 9-11 am the 50 pugs are well matched (from my imp pov) and i encounter all sides of pvp pug play variety -- from the biggest fails to the greatest "jaws from victory" to roflstomps

early morning time (4-6:59) and there seem to be some very strong republic teams in 50's regs

either have a very close game (at best)-- or get creamed

in lowbie's-- i have more success on my imp (sniper) than my sawbones scoundrel rep player

granted, my main is a sniper and i'm familiar with the playstyle-- on my smugg-- i am still learning the playstyle, but i find most of my imp teams have a "team captain" (the dude who gets q'd as default leader) usually has at least 12.5 hp (and usually 13k) whereas most of my republic ques have "leaders" with under 12k and, often times, have a valor level at least 10 levels under their toon's level -- when it happens we have a competent team on republic then my scoundrel healer has great games and we do very well indeed---

tl;dr more importantly to the theme of the op is -- what is the difference in general play during the week versus all the "free-for-all" that happens on the weekend ffs-- i almost deleted my republic toons entirely (2 20 somethings but very well geared and well invested by their "older" toons) because of the game experience on lowbie pvp pugs

nice thread

Edited by Daxy