Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks like due to the tech limitations, it is free flight yet still instanced and mission-based as 12v12 pvp. Which also tells me free flight but limited space.

I would LOVE some Free Flight PvE as well - think Space Operations/flashpoints. SWG had these, and the one over Kashyyyk was the absolute best and really made me feel like I was in Star Wars :)

This community is amazing (read: bad). BioWare finally announces the free flight space combat that everyone has been wanting, and the first several posts are, "Where's the PvE?, " and "This should have been in at launch." As opposed to just, "Cool! Thanks!"

Only two people have done that, I wouldn't say that's the whole community.

Looks interesting, more fast past than say SW: Battlefront 2. Only real concern is can the Graphics engine handle 12 v 12 matches with all the fast pace action that will take place?

There used to be Youtube videos of space combat using the Hero engine but they are marked private now.

More PvE stuff please, pvp is utterly boring.

Oh, shuddup, every major patch has loads of PvE content. Even the supposed "PvP patch", 2.4, had two raids and a pve quest zone.

BIOWARE! I'm officially excited to see what was formerly known as the Super Secred Space Project take flight!

Please, please please, PLEASE let it me awesome!

So insanely happy to finally see this come out after 2 years of development. Fitting that it is almost right on that mark.

What I want to know (not expecting an answer but just throwing this out there)

1. is this 2.5 or 3.0 (I am assuming 3.0 since its an expansion)

2. What else will we be getting

3. I am slightly conerned about the schedule. The F2P release is 2 months after it hits. So around the time we should be expecting another patch. I just want to make sure we are not going to be getting a f2p unlock patch that is "content" vs actual content with 2.6 or 3.1

This looks incredible, I am so glad we're finally getting PvP space combat. And with customizable starfighters to boot!

Thank you so much, Bioware, it looks so damn good, ignore the complaints in this thread, it is truly rude and ungrateful. I'm honestly perplexed at some of the replies here, hard to believe the majority of us are adults.

This community is amazing (read: bad). BioWare finally announces the free flight space combat that everyone has been wanting, and the first several posts are, "Where's the PvE?, " and "This should have been in at launch." As opposed to just, "Cool! Thanks!"

Thanks Bioware. :)

However...

It does not change the fact there should be PVE. One because the option should be there in all fairness for those that prefer to challenge tactical scenarios set up by the Creators (tactical situations in which the computer controlled foe also has limited recourses like the players do and not constantly refreshing fighter and cruisers. So that tactical decisions can be made in a scenario whilst we are flying around in some lovely story or even random missions with our friends on our wing.

Two, it should be there since the comparison games that we have been holding up as examples as to why this game did not need a rail shooter... it needed this from the get go all were either fully PVE or were PVE oriented with a PVP OPTION.

Classic PVE (mostly ) games we offered as examples of what 'should exist'

X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Tie fighter versus X-wing

The space combat from Star Wars Galaxies *which I did not get to see but heard was ok.

Wing and Strike Commander

Privateer, Starlancer, Freelancer

And that is just the combat. With their PVE missions with various objectives goals and more then one path and one singular way to accomplish it. Though usually ending with blowing something up it was not necessarily so.

If you wanted full immersion and a real foe reactions to "omg I'm just about dead" one could add in Strike Commander's and the MMO City of Heroes semi realism of a damaged foe saying 'Fudge this sheet!" and trying to escape to fight another day the by literally attempting to leave the combat zone. Which adds a wonderful awesome sense of urgency to any mission that might require "Allow no witnesses or Kill or capture all" Scenarios.

However if added, semi complete missions or even failed results while still moving forward in the story (if any) aught to be allowed for with perhaps objectives such as "no witnesses" being a secondary bonus objective and not effect whether the mission finishes or must be repeated. Indeed I almost wish that such a thing currently existed for the fly by rails mission. It kind of does in that those are usually arbitrary 'destroy x more of this or that" but that lacks the feel of a more personal objective.

Now lets get to the Smuggling and Transport of good, services, Sith artifacts, Alderanian treasures, or just plain fine merchandise that allowing cargo carrying missions and smuggling runs would have brought to the game. Via the examples of Privateer, Freelancer and the possible carrying of illicit goods I did not personally experience with Galaxies... if indeed the game had this.

It is possible they have thought of such scenarios with the PVP but again the fact that is seems to be PVP exclusive if I'm reading you all right and not jumping to conclusions... Is fundamentally wrong headed and excludes people that don't like that level of competiveness and would prefer working with all other players present or solo if no other players present... or solo with a companion as a wingman (ala Wing commander and Strike Commander examples) to get as far as they can in some wonderful story mode we know these Dev's are fully capable of doing.

MIND YOU... Perhaps this is just the beginning? The creation arguably RE-creation of this style of combat system and we will eventually see this new game not just as a PVP game but PVE as well. In time if they are willing and we are Game... not only might it meet but it may beat and excel beyond these wonderful old examples of PVE free flight combat games.

Dear Dev's

Please don't forget some allowance for failure options... I don't know about anyone else but I actually enjoyed the extra skill it took to be flying with that jerk Maniac from wing commander. You didn't get that "joy" at all unless you bombed out on a few starter missions. lol

Peace all

And thanks Dev's for listening.