WHY you should be happy they nerfed slicing!

Cracker_Jax

This is clearly what the average player without slicing doesnt understand. It wasn't just a nerf to bring us on par with other professions it has actually nerfed Slicing to the point that it is completely unprofitable.

That means NEGATIVE CREDITS.

Negative credits with an average 10% chance to receive a Schematic or Mission is an overall loss across the board. It is actually a money pit.

And before someone spits off at the mouth about selling "High level missions" ask yourself how many have you bought?

Why doesn't anyone seem to understand that Slicing is a GATHERING skill, not a mission skill. If you're evaluating the worth of slicing based purely on the missions, you're ignoring a rather large aspect of the skill.

Tip: The contents of high level Slicing nodes are really quite substantial.

Why doesn't anyone seem to understand that Slicing is a GATHERING skill, not a mission skill. If you're evaluating the worth of slicing based purely on the missions, you're ignoring a rather large aspect of the skill.

Tip: The contents of high level Slicing nodes are really quite substantial.

It also happens to be true that people who say all slicing missions give negative credits are simply wrong. They are either basing this assertion on A) No evidence or B) Too small a sample set.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArCSGLnwZLADdGxYdlhEejBFclBjR3l1N29OaW1kYUE&gid=0

Slicing is still profitable.

i prefer a cash market...not trading mats for other stuff. i use slicing to make money and then use it to buy stuff from the trade thingy...its the economy. now its nerfed way too much!!! it takes 30 mins for them to finish mission just for me to earn -400 to 500 credits??? please...stop it bioware...

+1.

I'm a slicer. Now I'm too afraid to spend my money until the market stabilizes.

I agree there was a nerf needed, but not this extreme. But, don't get me wrong. SLICING STILL BRINGS IN A LOT OF MONEY. You just have to go out and slice things now and do a farming run every 30 minutes.

I haven't sold a damn thing today on the GTN. I used to sell my mods like hot cake but today...nothing sold. Has anyone have the same problem?

LOL that be sooo funny!!! if everyone stopped buying from GTN cuz they dont make much off slicing and then the game's economy goes into recession

It also happens to be true that people who say all slicing missions give negative credits are simply wrong. They are either basing this assertion on A) No evidence or B) Too small a sample set.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArCSGLnwZLADdGxYdlhEejBFclBjR3l1N29OaW1kYUE&gid=0

Slicing is still profitable.

i just literally took a break from playing to read over this and that is some very valid data. its clear concise and you covered all possible variables (yields mission color etc etc.). The whiners saying they are getting nothing need to read that and if they have a problem with those results then they have a serious problem.

i just literally took a break from playing to read over this and that is some very valid data. its clear concise and you covered all possible variables (yields mission color etc etc.). The whiners saying they are getting nothing need to read that and if they have a problem with those results then they have a serious problem.

Phadian, I read the same data provided. Which was for a specific person. I am not receiving the same yields as the person who provided this data. And it doesn't seem to be limited to just me as the forums are full of players not reaching the same yields. Yeah I can put concise data together but if it is just from 1 person across 1 million players do you think it means jack diddly squat?

Phadian, I read the same data provided. Which was for a specific person. I am not receiving the same yields as the person who provided this data. And it doesn't seem to be limited to just me as the forums are full of players not reaching the same yields. Yeah I can put concise data together but if it is just from 1 person across 1 million players do you think it means jack diddly squat?

he just showed that people are wrong when they say it is "Completely useless" if you really wanted to prove a point you WOULD come up with data as well as the rest of the player base and average it out. but then again who would want to gather data readouts of over 1 million players to see if something truly was done in error? :rolleyes:

Edited by Phadian_gess