Warzone commending people is a joke.

SinisterWarlock

QFT.... People know there is MVP... I've literally scored highest damage/most kills in about 80% of my warzones, probably played about 30 so far, and I, again literally, have 0 MVP votes... not a single one...

I mean in one game I had 200k damage with 30 something kills and 1 death... No votes...

People either just randomly click or they vote their friends. Whenever I see a group of guildies together they always vote each other.

This is what happens when you reward people who receive the votes, people just random or give the rewards to their friends.

The only way to legitimize MVP votes is to make the scoreboard anonymous meaning that after each game it shows the statistics, but there are no names to identify players, that way you don't know where your friend is on the list. To make it work the scoreboard would have to be anonymous while the warzone was in progress as well.

Honestly MVP votes should just be removed from the game, its not worth measures like the one described above to fix a broken system.

if the objective was to kill people i would MVP you, but its not so i gave it to someone who actually did something to win the match.....ya dig?

QFT.... People know there is MVP... I've literally scored highest damage/most kills in about 80% of my warzones, probably played about 30 so far, and I, again literally, have 0 MVP votes... not a single one...

I mean in one game I had 200k damage with 30 something kills and 1 death... No votes...

People either just randomly click or they vote their friends. Whenever I see a group of guildies together they always vote each other.

This is what happens when you reward people who receive the votes, people just random or give the rewards to their friends.

The only way to legitimize MVP votes is to make the scoreboard anonymous meaning that after each game it shows the statistics, but there are no names to identify players, that way you don't know where your friend is on the list. To make it work the scoreboard would have to be anonymous while the warzone was in progress as well.

Honestly MVP votes should just be removed from the game, its not worth measures like the one described above to fix a broken system.

Yea, and those kids with the highest K/Ds in Call of Duty are always the most valuable to their team...

The problem is how would the game rank players?

Most objectives?

Most defense?

Most damage done?

Most kills?

Most solo kills?

Most healing?

As you can see, 6/8 of the people would be getting extra rewards if you gave one out for each category, and otherwise there would be no legitimate way to decide. The system is smart, but a system cannot tell who the players feel really helped the team along. Sure maybe I scored 5 times in Huttball, but it was that guy who grabbed the ball and passed it to me who was the real MVP.

I say leave it how it is. You aren't getting extreme amounts of extra reward.

Like I said in the last thread - the only people who make these threads are the people who are feeling like they are putting in the most and never getting MVP... truth is that the MVP award is not truly an MVP award, but rather for the player that the team feel most deserves it... whether that be their friend or not.

Don't break a system that is just fine and isn't game breaking.

Thats wrong... Why are you assuming that the way the system works is the way the developers intended it to work...

You really think the developers created an "MVP" system, so that people could vote for their friends, and not for the "MVP"? MVP = the player who is most valuable to your team... Not the player who is your best friend. There is a reason they didn't name it the "give your friend free stuff" system....

You clearly just feed your friends MVP votes and want it to stay that way.

I ask you this then sir... Why are you assuming that after a year of beta, the developers didn't change it if it wasn't working as intended?

They created the MVP system so I could pat a fellow player on the back if I wanted to. Quit getting up in arms, like leading damage somehow entitles you to MVP.

This thread is full of idiots crying because their top DPS may not have been what the group felt helped the most to win the game or wanted to vote for. Simple fact is, even in real life MVP situations, it isn't always about performance, it is about your value as a teammate, and maximum DPS is only a piece of the value puzzle.

Newsflash:

Damage and kills win Warzones.

Just so you know, a dead player can't cap an objective. Revolutionary concept.

Me, I'd gladly lose a WZ for double the damage and kills of the next guy.

Really... I've venture to say that without healers you'd be dead pretty quick Mr Killer. And when you are dead, you certainly can't cap an objective either.

Back in Beta I usually topped the healing charts with some damage thrown in to boot, and I don't remember ever getting even a single MVP vote. Such is the life of the PuG healer.

On the bright side, people don't yell at DPSers in chat when they die, even though you're the lone healer on a 20 v 20, they're stacking l33tDPSstatz0rz to the detriment of any type of defensive stat, and they're jumping into a pack of enemies halfway across the board, away from any teammates or support (memories of WAR, you vex me even to this day!). So you do have that going for you...

Edited by Doki

Here's my experience with the MVP system:

• Top damage (doubled everyone), top healing (doubled everyone), zero deaths, most killing blows, middle of the pack objective score (even though i was defending a node the entire time) -- Don't get MVP

• Top healing (doing quadruple everyone in total output if you add damage and healing together) -- Don't get MVP

• Cap 8 of the 10 total nodes capped in a match and successfully defended one by myself the entire game preventing groups of enemies from capping it back -- Don't get MVP

• Score 4 goals in huttball in a row when we were down 3 and everyone on our team pretty much gave up -- Don't get MVP

My conclusion: People PURPOSELY don't vote for the best player and instead vote for the worst or a mediocre person just so they themselves have a chance at getting the most votes. It's not a coincidence that the majority of the time some random person at the bottom of all the scores, with about 15 deaths sitting in the rez-zone the entire time, contributing nothing at all, is voted MVP.

Like another poster said, it should be made anonymous and once everyone votes, or after 15 seconds, it will show the names. And the reward for MVP votes should be a lot more than it currently is if it seriously is only one commendation per vote.

Edited by SeanPoe

Here's my experience with the MVP system:

• Top damage (doubled everyone), top healing (doubled everyone), zero deaths, most killing blows, middle of the pack objective score (even though i was defending a node the entire time) -- Don't get MVP

• Top healing (doing quadruple everyone in total output if you add damage and healing together) -- Don't get MVP

• Cap 8 of the 10 total nodes capped in a match and successfully defended one by myself the entire game preventing groups of enemies from capping it back -- Don't get MVP

• Score 4 goals in huttball in a row when we were down 3 and everyone on our team pretty much gave up -- Don't get MVP

My conclusion: People PURPOSELY don't vote for the best player and instead vote for the worst or a mediocre person just so they themselves have a chance at getting the most votes. It's not a coincidence that the majority of the time some random person at the bottom of all the scores, with about 15 deaths sitting in the rez-zone the entire time, contributing nothing at all, is voted MVP.

Like another poster said, it should be made anonymous and once everyone votes, or after 15 seconds, it will show the names. And the reward for MVP votes should be a lot more than it currently is if it seriously is only one commendation per vote.

Once I caught a fish | | <--- this big!

Countless times i've seen someone do exceptionally well, scoring highest objectives, highest kills, most damage, most medals, basically they did far better than anyone else.

Yet nobody will vote for them. Instead a couple guys who played average or even crap will get 1-2 votes each.

People just vote for their friends, the solution is do away with the voting system and just have the game rank players automatically and award extra based on that.

I don't vote for my friends because I WZ solo most of the time, but I'm probably one of those players you dislike. You see, I don't vote for teammates based on points. Instead, if you had my back, then you are likely to get a vote. If you healed me, you are likely to get a vote. If I see you a lot mixing it up, and not trying to chip stuff off the edges, then it is highly likely that I will vote for you.

It's my vote, eff you, I'm not going to vote for your points alone. I'm going to vote for the team member that impressed me the most, and points don't always tell the story.

Countless times i've seen someone do exceptionally well, scoring highest objectives, highest kills, most damage, most medals, basically they did far better than anyone else.

Yet nobody will vote for them. Instead a couple guys who played average or even crap will get 1-2 votes each.

People just vote for their friends, the solution is do away with the voting system and just have the game rank players automatically and award extra based on that.

I agree. Let the game decide and award the top players. Most players don't even bother to vote and when they do they vote for either their buddies or someone they shouldn't have voted for.

I regularly have warden defender medals or better and I hardly ever get votes.

Edited by Ashanor

I don't vote for my friends because I WZ solo most of the time, but I'm probably one of those players you dislike. You see, I don't vote for teammates based on points. Instead, if you had my back, then you are likely to get a vote. If you healed me, you are likely to get a vote. If I see you a lot mixing it up, and not trying to chip stuff off the edges, then it is highly likely that I will vote for you.

It's my vote, eff you, I'm not going to vote for your points alone. I'm going to vote for the team member that impressed me the most, and points don't always tell the story.

Thats kinda how I vote. I play a tank so I tend to remember who the healers are pretty quick. Sometimes when I throw a guard on a healer he/she literally sticks to me the whole friggin match helping me survive and I return the favor. I usually give my MVP to that person. If I'm not fortunate enough to have that healer, lol, then I usually vote according to what you just said.

Don't know about you, i find the healer with the most healing and vote for him every time, I don't care if i'm with guildies or not.

If no one is healing, I look for whoever has the most protection, then if no one did that i look for most damage.

Has it ever occurred to you that damage/healing/protection out isn't the only thing that makes someone MVP worthy? Maybe you see it as an atrocity that someone in the middle of the DPS chart gets an MVP and you don't, but you know people sometimes see excellent performance by someone, and it's memorable, and they think of that person as the MVP. That happens in Huttball all the time. You might be in the middle of the action the whole game and end up on the top of the DPS chart, but if you've paid no attention to where the ball is, and you've ignored everything related to the objective, maybe you don't actually deserve the MVP vote in someone else's eyes. Maybe it's the guy who did moderate damage/healing, but passed the ball intelligently, CC'd targets at key moments, etc. who is really deserving.

I vote for people that I see doing extraordinarily intelligent things during PvP. If I'm playing Huttball, I'll vote for the person who played smart and thought of the objective the whole time to help us win. If I'm playing Alderaan, I'll vote for the person that actually shifted around the map to defend key points and stuck with me on objectives rather than getting ADD and chasing people down. If I'm playing Void Star, I'll vote for the guy who used the massive battle at one door as an opening to plant the bomb at the other, and successfully defended it. If that's not you, even if you're at the top of the damage chart (which you probably won't be if you're in my game, because that's going to be me...), then too bad. But that doesn't mean the system itself is a joke.

Vote the way you want.

Are people going to vote for their friends, who possibly didn't contribute anything? Yes.

But at least it's possible that someone might show some appreciation when I've protected their *** while they were doing stupid things, or when you were the only one going after the ballhandler and his 5 protectors while the rest was doing random ****.

Healers and people who protect or actually go for the objectives do regularly get votes from the 25% or so players who actually care. It's not a bad motivation to keep it up.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

It's not worth getting worked up over the MVP votes since it's something not possible to measure from a scoreboard. Who is the MvP? A guy who plays off the zerg and racks up a ton of "honor" kills and damage? Or the guy who died 5 different times keeping multiple players from capturing a node until reinforcements arrived?

Guildmates are going to give the MVP votes to their friends. Server celebrities will end up getting the rest.