Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't claim to know how it happened, but that's what happened. wish I had time to vid it but i was dead before I thought to capture it.

I have a Sage and my Mind Crush has never critted that high on a tick. The only way I could imagine you being hit by Crushing Darkness for that much damage is if your opponent was a fully min/maxed WH/EWH on exotech stims and warzone adrenals and you were wearing some really **** low level gear. Even then, 8k would be the overall damage from the attack itself and the 6-second-long dot NOT damage per tick.

I don't know what kind of drugs you were on but if Crushing Darkness could hit 8k per tick, I'm pretty sure that everyone would be playing a JC/SI by now.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Why premades do pugs? You mean why they do regular warzones with guildies. I did some rateds Friday night and in the 10 games we got, only faced 4 teams as the rest were empty warzones which totally sucked. Waiting some time for a rated queue to pop can be bad enough but when you go 20+minutes of waiting only to not face a team is not fun.

how long does it take to end said wz's with 3-caps or by scoring 6 goals? I imagine vstar would be bothersome.

how long does it take to end said wz's with 3-caps or by scoring 6 goals? I imagine vstar would be bothersome.

Split in groups of 4 for VS and had races to see which side would win for VS. CW sucked. NC we did sprints out in the mine fields and see who could get out the farthest before blowing up. Huttball was not so bad just set up a train and pass pass pass.

-.- Foxy, is that really the point?

I'd say rated groups would probably rather fight pitiful resistance, than none at all. Of course, they'd like good resistance, but we can't affect how good our opponents are, only how good we are.

On the other hand...

Every now and then it's also fun to play against complete Imperial Recruit PUG teams. Run up to 3 recruits at a turret, Force Leap, Awe everyone, Pacify and kill first guy with default rotation while other 2 can do nothing, pop Zen, kill 2nd one with Precision Slash, Blade Storm and Blade Rush spam, pop Guarded by the Force + Medpac and finish 3rd with whatever I have left. - It's just fun, what can I say :D Simply good times with my guildmates and on my Combat Sentinel! :cool:

That totally validates why this is the #1 thread ongoing in PVP Forum Section.

it is n1 due to a really bad pvp comunity from a competitive point of view....casual pvp is not competitive and doesnt benefit the comunity whatsoever.

Competitive pvp is more along the Ranked ques not the pug ques, most NOT all but most of the pug players are jut trying to get their gear.

The problem is BW refuses to add cross server pvp ques to seperate the pug from the ranked / premades which discourages new player and will turn away the F2P players that BW is desperatly trying to get to sub into the game.

Honestly , I think many of you have lost your way. Think back for a minute when you first got into PVP. It was probably a free for all type atmosphere. No overlapping heals, set positions, invincible force wielding huttball carriers, etc. If you look at Youtube PVP videos made 6+ months ago you can plainly see how tame it was as people like "Taugrim" did his tutorials.

IT's not totally the premade's fault though. The War Zone Queue really needs to do some more intelligent matching. Why are they even setting up a match that is so imbalanced. Groups under 2 should be allowed to mix with solo queues while the 4, 6, 8 need to be in a separate queue for obvious reasons.

-.- Foxy, is that really the point?

I'd say rated groups would probably rather fight pitiful resistance, than none at all. Of course, they'd like good resistance, but we can't affect how good our opponents are, only how good we are.

it wasn't a rhetorical question. although now that you mention it, I don't care what another rated team would rather face. and they don't care what I would rather face. comes around. goes around.

Split in groups of 4 for VS and had races to see which side would win for VS. CW sucked. NC we did sprints out in the mine fields and see who could get out the farthest before blowing up. Huttball was not so bad just set up a train and pass pass pass.

wouldn't you want to stand by the nodes for defender medals so as not to completely waste the time?

Edited by foxmob

it wasn't a rhetorical question. although now that you mention it, I don't care what another rated team would rather face. and they don't care what I would rather face. comes around. goes around.

wouldn't you want to stand by the nodes for defender medals so as not to completely waste the time?

Well that's pretty hypocritical of you then, Foxy. See, the difference is the people "not caring" aren't saying "Well you don't get to play." They are pointing out things you can do to -raise- your competitive level. Where as you are not caring if they get to play at all.

(I'd also like to know how people advoating for matchmaking aren't "caring" who you face. *Sigh*)

Honestly, I lose faith in half the pvp community more and more everyday. <.< as I said before, it really has to do with the larger real life issue... people do not take responsibility for themselves any more.

Well that's pretty hypocritical of you then, Foxy. See, the difference is the people "not caring" aren't saying "Well you don't get to play." They are pointing out things you can do to -raise- your competitive level. Where as you are not caring if they get to play at all.

(I'd also like to know how people advoating for matchmaking aren't "caring" who you face. *Sigh*)

Honestly, I lose faith in half the pvp community more and more everyday. <.< as I said before, it really has to do with the larger real life issue... people do not take responsibility for themselves any more.

Lost faith long ago...what comunity? Going through the pvp forum of swtor is a good way to see how a pvp Comunity SHOULDNT be!..the thigns they say...ask...defend...its pretty much everythign agaisnt pvp basics on any other mmo...

Thing is SW has a pretty large fan base, and msot of them are into the whole roleplaying/pve thing and everyone(including the developers) knw this since the start, so my expectations for a good competitive pvp comunity were allready low...

Swtor does not atract real pvprs...and the game itself also doesnt help creating them, the Comunity comes as product of that.

not hypocritical at all. guild A is, without question, the best on server. anyone who faces them loses. people get tired of being roflstomped and, therefore, stop Qing. I get the idea (from forums) to create relatively balanced teams to face each other -- guild A trolls me, forum flames. iunno. it doesn't stop Guild A from blowing up teams they have no business fighting in the first place. and frankly technically, it's not queue dodging. queue dodging is when you don't queue when you know the "good" guild is on. it's conceding victory and moving on. anyone who doesn't take the pop loses rating and gets zero comms. conceding victory is not Q dodging. it's not exploiting. it's a forfeit. now if two teams just trade wins, that's exploiting. there's a difference between honestly trying to beat each other and trading wins. it's not my fault that the only way to create competitive (as in close/compelling) matches entails occasionally forfeiting a match. and frankly, i've never had a rated or reg opponent ever stop pounding on me. what on earth makes you think you'd get any kind of pity from me for your having to dance around an empty wz?

saying L2P doesn't raise one's skill level. nor does getting spawn camped.

and i'm pretty sure we've covered that fact that grping doesn't mean diddly squat. grping with ppl who are good can teach you something, but most good players only grp with other good players. so good luck chuck.

Edited by foxmob

not hypocritical at all. guild A is, without question, the best on server. anyone who faces them loses. people get tired of being roflstomped and, therefore, stop Qing. I get the idea (from forums) to create relatively balanced teams to face each other -- guild A trolls me, forum flames. iunno. it doesn't stop Guild A from blowing up teams they have no business fighting in the first place. and frankly technically, it's not queue dodging. queue dodging is when you don't queue when you know the "good" guild is on. it's conceding victory and moving on. anyone who doesn't take the pop loses rating and gets zero comms. conceding victory is not Q dodging. it's not exploiting. it's a forfeit. now if two teams just trade wins, that's exploiting. there's a difference between honestly trying to beat each other and trading wins. it's not my fault that the only way to create competitive (as in close/compelling) matches entails occasionally forfeiting a match. and frankly, i've never had a rated or reg opponent ever stop pounding on me. what on earth makes you think you'd get any kind of pity from me for your having to dance around an empty wz?

saying L2P doesn't raise one's skill level. nor does getting spawn camped.

and i'm pretty sure we've covered that fact that grping doesn't mean diddly squat. grping with ppl who are good can teach you something, but most good players only grp with other good players. so good luck chuck.

Do you know how a queue works? First in Queue fights the second. If second dodges fighting the first to fight the third, it's queue dodging.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood, but ya'll need to grow up. Now I'm not saying the current system is fine (in fact I've made cases for cross server queue's and better matchmaking), but this blaming people for "not playing where they should" is ********. You can not call people out on "not wanting competition" when it is clear you do not want competition. If you really wanted it, you'd take the few simple steps it takes to be more competitive. But no... most of you would rather blame other people for your failures, and try and "guilt" them into not being so good, so they don't hurt your "widdle feelwings."

Grow up, gear up and group up before you even have a leg to stand on when you try to call out better players.

Do you know how a queue works? First in Queue fights the second. If second dodges fighting the first to fight the third, it's queue dodging.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood, but ya'll need to grow up. Now I'm not saying the current system is fine (in fact I've made cases for cross server queue's and better matchmaking), but this blaming people for "not playing where they should" is ********. You can not call people out on "not wanting competition" when it is clear you do not want competition. If you really wanted it, you'd take the few simple steps it takes to be more competitive. But no... most of you would rather blame other people for your failures, and try and "guilt" them into not being so good, so they don't hurt your "widdle feelwings."

Grow up, gear up and group up before you even have a leg to stand on when you try to call out better players.

it's a forfeit. and I do want competition. there is none. so they get the forfeit. grats. moving on. and if you want to bring this down to the gutter, cry me a "wiver" while you're at it.

i didn't ask to be coddled, here, did I? you want to rofl stomp? meh. let's not and say we did. I forfeit. here's your win. that's the system. don't whine to me about it. don't cry "unfair" and "rebalance" it's obviously how BW wants it cuz rated has been like that since its inception. sound familiar?

seriously though. why is it so one sided? do you really think (back on topic) that giving solos their own queue is such a terrible thing? I'm on a PVE server, and I'm absolutely positive that there are enough premades and solos that it would hardly put a dent into the queue times. iunno what's going on with the other servers. maybe they need another merger or something, cuz JC pops left and right, multiple instances at the same time, for the vast majority of the 24hr day.

Come duel me in the fleet. I'll annihilate you and show you who the better player is, and why i'm allowed to post and call children like you out when i want to on their psychopathic BS.

Edited by maxetius

Come duel me in the fleet. I'll annihilate you and show you who the better player is, and why i'm allowed to post and call children like you out when i want to on their psychopathic BS.

=P I'll come duel you when you finally understand 1 vs 1 is not the epitome of PvP.

^_^ I'd like to point out the complaint is premades kicking your ***, not 1 vs 1's kicking Premades ***. Funny that.

No. You're wrong, Foxmob is right. Please stop posting but thank you for your mostly worthless contributions and/or bumps to this thread, they are much appreciated. Bump for justice because Premade Vs Pug should not exist, in any way shape or form.

We undeniably need the following:

Cross Realm Function

Adequate Matchmaking

AND <----

Split Queues

it's a forfeit. and I do want competition. there is none. so they get the forfeit. grats. moving on. and if you want to bring this down to the gutter, cry me a "wiver" while you're at it.

i didn't ask to be coddled, here, did I? you want to rofl stomp? meh. let's not and say we did. I forfeit. here's your win. that's the system. don't whine to me about it. don't cry "unfair" and "rebalance" it's obviously how BW wants it cuz rated has been like that since its inception. sound familiar?

seriously though. why is it so one sided? do you really think (back on topic) that giving solos their own queue is such a terrible thing? I'm on a PVE server, and I'm absolutely positive that there are enough premades and solos that it would hardly put a dent into the queue times. iunno what's going on with the other servers. maybe they need another merger or something, cuz JC pops left and right, multiple instances at the same time, for the vast majority of the 24hr day.

You're not asking to be coddled? Yet asking for -less- competition is exactly that. Either you take less rewards, or you take more (potential) competition.

No before anyone cries, I still think better matchmaking and cross server should be implemented (without reducing rewards or anything.) I do believe a more level playfield is good for a community, another reason I'm against the gear gap and glad to hear 1.6 is effectively going to remove it.

However, everyone should either take the steps to make themselves more competitive, or accept the consquences of their choices, which is not what's happening. Yes, there is a problem, yes there are some system changes (atleast I feel they are needed) that are needed, but it doesn't change the fact that page after page, we've watched people blame, insult, etc... everyone but themselves for others being better, for using tools to excell, and then using such lame excuses to do -worse- back to them than what's being "done" to you.

I think the system is fine overall.

I play in a hardcore PvP guild and queue up with 4-man pre-made all the time.

On the one hand...

It's good to play against Imperial pre-mades and have a tough fight with a real challenge, sometimes we lose, sometimes we win. That's life. When I queue with 4-man premade this is what happens most of the time actually, i.e. we're usually fighting other pre-mades with only a random PUG here and there to fill up the ranks.

On the other hand...

Every now and then it's also fun to play against complete Imperial Recruit PUG teams. Run up to 3 recruits at a turret, Force Leap, Awe everyone, Pacify and kill first guy with default rotation while other 2 can do nothing, pop Zen, kill 2nd one with Precision Slash, Blade Storm and Blade Rush spam, pop Guarded by the Force + Medpac and finish 3rd with whatever I have left. - It's just fun, what can I say :D Simply good times with my guildmates and on my Combat Sentinel! :cool:

Well folks, we can end the thread now. At least someone finally came forward and said it. I give the guy credit. He didn't try to hide behind "we play in a group because we like the challenge of....grouping...and whatever else that's supposed to mean".

Quote: Originally Posted by SenseX View Post

I think the system is fine overall.

I play in a hardcore PvP guild and queue up with 4-man pre-made all the time.

On the one hand...

It's good to play against Imperial pre-mades and have a tough fight with a real challenge, sometimes we lose, sometimes we win. That's life. When I queue with 4-man premade this is what happens most of the time actually, i.e. we're usually fighting other pre-mades with only a random PUG here and there to fill up the ranks.

On the other hand...

Every now and then it's also fun to play against complete Imperial Recruit PUG teams. Run up to 3 recruits at a turret, Force Leap, Awe everyone, Pacify and kill first guy with default rotation while other 2 can do nothing, pop Zen, kill 2nd one with Precision Slash, Blade Storm and Blade Rush spam, pop Guarded by the Force + Medpac and finish 3rd with whatever I have left. - It's just fun, what can I say Simply good times with my guildmates and on my Combat Sentinel!

Well folks, we can end the thread now. At least someone finally came forward and said it. I give the guy credit. He didn't try to hide behind "we play in a group because we like the challenge of....grouping...and whatever else that's supposed to mean".

^^^You hit the nail on the head very nice. The guy above is typical, but there are some guilds who actually want competition and EA should provide it.

Edited by HaLeX