What is wrong with asking to join a guild?

xX-PWNY-Xx

Ok so i came from other mmorpg's where it is acceptable as a low level character to ask to join a guild so you may ask questions if they arise about the game and to help you when you max out, so i went to the republic fleet and asked if i may join a guild and people were whispering me with rounds of "really?" and "Are you serious?" i just want to know whats up with that thanks for all replies. :rak_02:

Your first mistake was thinking that Fleet general chat is the best place to do anything other than get troll responses. Every now and then you'll get a helpful response, but that's not particularly often. Imo your best course of action is just to keep an eye open on general for people who are advertising their guilds, and when you see one that is appropriate for you, whisper them for an invite. Conversely, in the Guild Recruitment Forum here we have a pretty decent list of current guilds, hopefully there might be some there that suit your playstyle etc.

I too have been victim to this. The raid guild I was in fell apart and I found myself homeless. I know a few people so PMs were sent. Directed to the correct POCs I enquired as to if I could sign up. I have been around for a while and I am sad to say that GMs on swtor are some of the rudest players I have ever met. If they are rude just move on. No reason to

be part of guild that is going to treat you like crap. Some of these guys lack the basic social skills and turn to video games. Good guilds are out there don't give up.

I too have been victim to this. The raid guild I was in fell apart and I found myself homeless. I know a few people so PMs were sent. Directed to the correct POCs I enquired as to if I could sign up. I have been around for a while and I am sad to say that GMs on swtor are some of the rudest players I have ever met. If they are rude just move on. No reason to

be part of guild that is going to treat you like crap. Some of these guys lack the basic social skills and turn to video games. Good guilds are out there don't give up.

I am new to this game but not mmo's played swg for 2 years before nge but am also looking for a guild on this server so long as the game lasts I intend to play for quite some time but it looks like no one checks this forum very much lol

Who are the most active guilds/best ppl to get in contact with on imp side?

If you're looking for a casual republic guild who has vent, does FPs and PvP, all round, check out Proteus. Beware, "bada*ses" are frowned upon, so while in guild, you have to be well manured and don't fight with other guildies, no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am new to this game but not mmo's played swg for 2 years before nge but am also looking for a guild on this server so long as the game lasts I intend to play for quite some time but it looks like no one checks this forum very much lol

Who are the most active guilds/best ppl to get in contact with on imp side?

head on over to http://www.wampastompers.shivtr.com and have a look at our site, feel free to ask around for us in chat in game aswell, if you really want your can use the in game mail and ill get back to you asap and have a chat about what your after froma guild and what your like as a player and see if we're right for you.

same goes for anyone on the empire side, feel free to drop me a line in game and ill happily answer what i can for you and see if wampa stompers is the place you wanna set up.

in game names are T'litha and I'litha our GM's in game handle is Ann'ika. dont be shy.

• 1 month later...

Some guilds and players in particular (Not singling them out) on Dalborra have sticks up their asses and an over inflated sense of importance and worth. That is why they look down on you for asking to join a guild. These same people forget what it was like starting out in SWTOR. Some people it seems on Dalborra think you should be invited rather then ask to join. These people plain and simply need to get the *** out of SWTOR and let the community thrive which is being hampered by these S.O.B.'s.

I remember Fleet general chat once upon a time would be flooded with guilds looking to recruit. Not so much now. Maybe the GM's are over it or the guilds expect people to come to them. I don't know.

And yes, I agree with TSgt_Chen. There are some GM's who are borderline useless and Guilds who promise much and deliver next to nothing. I could name two but I don't want to to make this thread a Guild hate list.

Suffice to say, it all comes down to what you want out of your guild as you would know. Once you know, look here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534837

Edited by kharathos