Gear checker!

Really ? I'm hardly an expert but I believe that FP is more about group coordination than anything else.

The first time I did it was with another marauder (a guildie's alt) who was in PvP Recruit gear. Lucky sob ended up getting the columi mainhand and Rakata chest :D

Granted, it was a guild run and we were on voice chat, so that helped a lot. We wiped 2 times at the gorilla and once at Lorrick, but that had to do more with my being the first time in the instance than lack of gear.

A gear check would have prevented everybody getting the BH comms from the run. That would have sucked.

Edited by wainot-keel

Really ? I'm hardly an expert but I believe that FP is more about group coordination than anything else.

Died so many times to the robot last night :p First time we had done it with a Marauder, so we were trying to remember the melee tactics - ended up having the droid kited around the room while I swore. Naturally I was heals :p

You do need a bit of gear for it though, if only for the enrage timers.

Died so many times to the robot last night :p First time we had done it with a Marauder, so we were trying to remember the melee tactics - ended up having the droid kited around the room while I swore. Naturally I was heals :p

You do need a bit of gear for it though, if only for the enrage timers.

lol, Don't ask me how, but we oneshotted that damn robot, so when we wiped twice with the gorilla we were like "wtflolsrsly?"

Perhaps an undergeared tank or healer is more critical than 1 dps. I was already with full rakata and 1 bh piece at that time, so maybe I was compensating. But still, a gear check could be trouble. How much is enough, exactly ?

Edited by wainot-keel

Ok Please add a gear checker to your LFG tool for HM LI its gotten realy old queueing for that place only to get 3 people in Tionese gear or worse. They just dont have the stats to do there role effectively.

I've healed a Tionese tank with gear consisting of level 45-50 Epics through Lost Island. It was a guild group and we slaughtered it as usual.

The problem is not lack of gear.

The problem is lack of skill and coordination and in worse cases, common sense.

Edited by pureeffinmetal

And gear level doesn't mean proper itemisation - I remember that from WoW :rolleyes: Perhaps a minimum of main stat for all but tanks? Tanks obviously have different requirements. Edited by Tatile

I've healed a Tionese tank with gear consisting of level 45-50 Epics through Lost Island. It was a guild group and we slaughtered it as usual.

The problem is not lack of gear.

The problem is lack of skill and coordination and in worse cases, common sense.

I agree 100% that it's a skill / coordination check.

But I would hazard a guess that anyone making it through HM LI with level 45-50 epics had done that fight many times and knew exactly how to do it.

How about a fresh 50 on his/her first toon pugging HM LI in 45-50 gear? What chance would you give them?

Mind you, I'm against gear checks in the group finder, don't want them. I'm just saying that anyone attempting HM LI for the first time ever should have practiced on the T1 HMs already, which means they should have Columi gear and maybe even a piece of Black Hole from group finder rewards.

On my Sorc, I was using a BM Helm, with the other four set bonus pieces filled with Columi+ (some of the armor skins where Tionese, but all the mods where switched out from my old DPS set) The rest of my stuff was all BM or a few Champion pieces that I still hadn't replaced. I was grouped with a couple of slightly over geared guildies, and we got a fresh lvl 50 in all recruit gear as a DPS. We wiped a few times, but we got it done, and it wasn't too bad. Granted I wouldn't want to do that again but, it was much better then the time before, earlier that same morning, when I was grouped with a bunch of other guys that had never run it before, and where all in columi gear.

One person needs to know what to do, and I would prefer everyone in Tionese armor, but if you feel someone is under geared you can always vote to kick them, or if the rest of your group is, drop group and que for a WZ while you wait.

No thanks. I dont need the gearscore elitists with terribly itemised gear rearing their ugly heads.

We dont need anything like that. Just some way of filtering out the baddies. While I agree that you dont need full campaign gear or even full rakata. When you are pugging this instance through the group finder odds are your gona end up with a group that will lack the coordination you would get from a guild group or a premade. Odds are if someone has rakata gear they have at least some experience with raids which means they can follow instructions.

The standard minimum for HM LI in terms of gear is Tionese, yet gear is not the reason why HM LI is difficult. It might have been the fact that the Tier 1 HM's used to be blatant gear checks, but HM LI is all about knowing the fight mechanics and coordination. Also, because of the fact that Tier 2 is separated from Tier 1, people should logically not queue up for HM LI until they think they're ready.

How about a fresh 50 on his/her first toon pugging HM LI in 45-50 gear? What chance would you give them?

It would depend on the other 3 of course. But probably very little chance, but again not necessarily because of the gear but because "His/her first toon" and/or no experience with LI HM.

I've seen full Rakata people get slaughtered by Lost Island. They more than had the gear for it but failed due to skill/coordination issues.

The gear check wouldn't do anything in that case.

Edited by pureeffinmetal

No gear check please dont want some elitist noob telling me that i cant join because i dont have +20k health on my DPS toon, even though i will do a much better job than him having done the instance so many times on my other toons.

If you know the fight just explain it properly and it will be fine, i have tanked it on my main with a group of green/blues dps and heals, granted my main tank is full campaign so my experience and gear made up for the lack of theirs, but what it really takes is one person with decent gear and people in group listening. reading and understanding.