To Cheat Death

lorddarklon

plagueis never learned to create life, he learned to only manipulate existing life. All his knowledge was passed onto Sidious, who knew that had he mastered Spontaneous generation that the force would counteract him and thus he'd be in trouble.

Sidous sought to circumvent the force by force essence transfer, and even then the force would eventually strike back at him and allow a jedi to anchor his soul to another dying soul to drag him to the netherealm of the force.

so to answer your question, NO palpatine didn't learn to create life, only alter existing ones.

The FORCE, the ultimate screw you button. Everything you do is great, until the force decides that you imbalance it, and empowers some event to be your undoing.

Both Plagueis and his master Tenebrous had a goal of becoming constant, something the force couldn't counterbalance because they'd be as powerful as the force. If one could master the art of Force ghosting, and Midichlorian creation, they would essentially become equal to the FORCE itself, an entity that retains its identity while being one with the universe and have the power to physically manifest itself at any time. Too bad the force is smart enough to thwart them and those like them.

Well Darth Bane did it in those Bane books, so presumably something similar was possible. But then maybe Darth Bane didn't do it right and didn't cheat death, the end of the book was a cliff hanger but everyone on here seems to think he did it and I don't know any better than them.

Darth Plagueis learned to cheat by extending his through the manipulation of midi-chlorians. However, he hadn't yet passed that knowledge on to Darth Sidious when he died (drunk and asleep) so that particular nugget of a Force power, eternal life in a single body, died with him.

I don't remember where I heard this, but I recall Sidious lamenting about this lost ability somewhere.

Darth Plagueis learned to cheat by extending his through the manipulation of midi-chlorians. However, he hadn't yet passed that knowledge on to Darth Sidious when he died (drunk and asleep) so that particular nugget of a Force power, eternal life in a single body, died with him.

I don't remember where I heard this, but I recall Sidious lamenting about this lost ability somewhere.

I don't think he did much sleeping when sidious started torturing him... he was drunk though, and he was asleep when it started. =P

Well Darth Bane did it in those Bane books, so presumably something similar was possible. But then maybe Darth Bane didn't do it right and didn't cheat death, the end of the book was a cliff hanger but everyone on here seems to think he did it and I don't know any better than them.

He didn't.

Vader didn't.

Sidious did, and he would have become immortal if it wasn't for Luke and all his buddies turning the giant Force Storm against him.

• 2 years later...

I wonder if he is talking about the Sith Emperor. I mean there are several Sith Lords who still "exsist" on Korriban as Force Ghosts. But most Sith focused on preserving their original bodies. Palpatine achieved a means of cheating death, as others mentioned, thru Essense Transfer into clones.

The Sith Emperor is the only one I can think of who kept his original body for thousands of years. Yes he took control of other bodies almost the entire time but his original form was still intact and usable (I'm assuming).

For all intents and purposes, I think the Sith Emperor is who Palpatine is refering too in Episode 3 when he says..

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved"

I wonder if he is talking about the Sith Emperor. I mean there are several Sith Lords who still "exsist" on Korriban as Force Ghosts. But most Sith focused on preserving their original bodies. Palpatine achieved a means of cheating death, as others mentioned, thru Essense Transfer into clones.

The Sith Emperor is the only one I can think of who kept his original body for thousands of years. Yes he took control of other bodies almost the entire time but his original form was still intact and usable (I'm assuming).

For all intents and purposes, I think the Sith Emperor is who Palpatine is refering too in Episode 3 when he says..

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved"

datrh viviate (or whartever his name is) didn't exist at that point sidious ment plagus

Did Palpatine and Vader ever figure out how to cheat death like Darth Plagueis did. Yes I know they both died and Plagueis did as well. And I am not talking about the clone thing I mean did they find out how Plaguesis did it.

Vader never figured out a way to cheat death using dark side practices but Palpatine achieved this capability by acquiring Essence Transfer talent.

Palpatine was aware of achievements of Darth Plagueis because he was his apprentice and witnessed his actions (Legends continuity based information). However, Palpatine did not pursue the art of "Midi-chlorian Manipulation" like his Master for the said purpose, to figure out a way to cheat death.

Keep in mind though that existing (Post) Episode 6 content is under threat of being retconned by upcoming content such as Episode 7 movie and others. So Palpatine's ability to cheat death can be officially overruled in this manner unless verified in another source. Basically, Disney might re-write entire (Post) Episode 6 history.

Read this: http://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page.html

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Ultimately I think "cheating" death is a power only Lightside users can achieve. Qui-gonn, Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin being the prime examples.

And Luke :p

Cade Skywalker saw him in a vision, yo!