Operation's and Drawing aggro

Hi just wondering if the enemys in any OP have been made harder with the last few patches. I was part of a team the tryed the Eternity Vault and Karraga's Palece (Both on Hard Mode) And it seemed like enemys in there were more powerful then then i remember them to. As the healer i seem to be drawing to much aggro to myself its annoying. We tryed charging the front gate of the Eternity Vault (that was a big mistake) we were getting 1 shotted.

same thing happened at Karraga's Palace we got 1 shotted at the first boss there too. Before i get any smart mouth comment. Yes We were ALL geared for HM OP's. Is there a patch in the works to provent this from happening so often?

The first boss on Karragga's Palace can be quite tricky and everyone will have their turn at being attacked. As a healer on normal bosses you shouldn't really draw any aggro as long as the tanks and doing their job and using their high-threat abilities and taunts.

My old guild had a problem with KP HM awhile back. We were actually all over geared and kept hitting enrage timers and the like. The reason for it, in the end, was that even though we had all raided in the past, no one in the group was completely 'comfortable' with each other.

Or it could be just an off night for everyone. It happens. Just try to assess the situation and try again :)

I suspect this isn't a gear thing at all, it's just that the group isn't working well together or taking into full account the mechanics of the fights.

Bonethrasher will fixate on healers. He's scripted so his threat keeps resetting; if you've been healing a lot, sometimes that means you're the new target. There's nothing to be done about that, except pop a defensive cooldown and learn to deal with it; he'll soon fixate on someone else.

I recommend sticking to a mobile playstyle in this fight; run between his legs if he's on you, keep moving to avoid the worst of his attacks, time your big cast and channelled heals to when he's obviously targetting someone else. To be honest, I do find it a lot easier to heal on my scoundrel than my sorcerer because of the scoundrel's instant-cast heals and HOTs.

The fail condition in this fight is not being mobile. All players should be moving more-or-less constantly to avoid knockbacks and being caught in his sweeps or under his smashes. I've DPSed this one with a Marksmanship sniper, possibly the least mobile class and build in the game (along with its gunslinger equivalent of course) and you just have to adapt.

With the two turrets at the beginning of EV, it helps to pick one and have all the DPS burn it down first, with the main tank picking up the adds that spawn and taunting the other turret, and the more robust of your healers (I suggest a scoundrel or operative if you have one, as they can heal on the move and have the best capacity to drop threat) concentrating on keeping that main tank up while the other healer takes care of everyone else. Speed is key; you want to burn these down nice and fast without messing around.

In this fight, the fail condition is if the DPS is not good enough. High burst DPS is essential. Don't worry about energy management, that will be your downfall, just fire up your cooldowns and relics and burn away.

My old guild had a problem with KP HM awhile back. We were actually all over geared and kept hitting enrage timers and the like. The reason for it, in the end, was that even though we had all raided in the past, no one in the group was completely 'comfortable' with each other.

What does being comfortable with each other have to do with your DPS doing the bare minimum?

Hi just wondering if the enemys in any OP have been made harder with the last few patches. I was part of a team the tryed the Eternity Vault and Karraga's Palece (Both on Hard Mode) And it seemed like enemys in there were more powerful then then i remember them to. As the healer i seem to be drawing to much aggro to myself its annoying. We tryed charging the front gate of the Eternity Vault (that was a big mistake) we were getting 1 shotted.

same thing happened at Karraga's Palace we got 1 shotted at the first boss there too. Before i get any smart mouth comment. Yes We were ALL geared for HM OP's. Is there a patch in the works to provent this from happening so often?

EV on the turrets and adds before Annihilation Droid XRR-3 it is really common for the healers to draw aggro there. Although the aggro you draw there should not be a one-shot unless some how you drew aggro from one of the turrets. I usually follow the tank in and then go into the middle where the add are. I hold off throwing out any big heals until I am sure the tanks have the turrets. In a normal group I will stand there with my defensive cooldown pooped while a gunslinger or a commando AOE the adds while a semi-tank them. If I am in a pug I will throw down both of my Defensive cooldowns and put flyby down right on top of myself (since I am not sure the dps will protect the healer or not). Unless someone is attacking these adds they will attack the healers. It is not the Tanks fault either since they are dealing with the turrets that could potentially one shot dps or the healers. This tactic has worked for me on all levels EV.

I do know before I was really geared that getting shot by all the adds at once can seem like a one shot, so I’m always ready to use my defensive cooldown at the start of the fight. I will also say the better geared healer will be the first to be targeted. First few times doing EV I hardly ever got touched, but the other healer always died. I thought I was the great because I stayed on my feet, until the first time I went and I was the overgeared healer.

Edited by mikebevo

I recommend sticking to a mobile playstyle in this fight; run between his legs if he's on you, keep moving to avoid the worst of his attacks, time your big cast and channelled heals to when he's obviously targetting someone else. To be honest, I do find it a lot easier to heal on my scoundrel than my sorcerer because of the scoundrel's instant-cast heals and HOTs.
This isn't a good idea, he'll just turn around and sweep everyone who was properly positioned behind him. It's particularly bad after his smash and will get someone killed.

When someone is targeted by Bonethrasher they need to stop in their tracks and take it, while the rest of the group continues to reposition behind him. This is one fight where Guardian tanks can use Guardian Leap every time it's on cooldown (when they don't have agro) without any risk, and it will help out your healers some.

This isn't a good idea, he'll just turn around and sweep everyone who was properly positioned behind him. It's particularly bad after his smash and will get someone killed.

I've never seen this happen. Kiting him is the most effective way to avoid damage in my experience. This is not and will never be a static fight where people take a position and remain in it. (Our guild is heavy on the RDPS though, which does help.)

I've never seen this happen. Kiting him is the most effective way to avoid damage in my experience. This is not and will never be a static fight where people take a position and remain in it. (Our guild is heavy on the RDPS though, which does help.)
Running between his legs is the opposite of kiting. His current target cannot move towards his legs to avoid his swipe, you either just get a little closer or force him to spin around. This is bad.

But if we're talking about a kiting strategy now, I'm not advocating static positioning for 7/8ths of the group. It's about leveraging Bonethrasher's current target by keeping his swipe in a predictable spot.

A kiting system sounds ok for full rdps groups but if someone is kiting him that means he's moving all the time which means so is the mdps which isn't optimal. The "stop and take it" system burns him faster, it's easy to execute, and just as safe.