View Single Post

12.12.2013 , 08:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
You haven't flown that many strike classes have you. there is no Accuracy boosting ability that the Strike can use only one that drops evasion by 20% but it is extremely rarely taken by any one and even with 20% drop that 79% still is 59% miss chance or 69% is still 49% or 49 is still 29%. If you take that one that drops evasion by 20% you can not take Servo Gammers and if you do take it all they have to do is out run you for 20 second don't use their evasion moves just run and then come back with their evasion moves up meaning its useless against the pilots I am talking about.
The star guard is my second ship, and I don't even bother with that cheap tricks known as gunships and pikes.

Your weapons have accuracy boosts in their upgrade tree no? IC has one first teir. And I was giving you a list of things to counter with. As for scouts outrunning you, well no frigging kidding they are paper ships did think they are supposed to be slow?

Concussives only pierce 30% shield Proton torps have a 100% shield and armor Peirce and only do 860 Damage that is not a one shot you will live through that, it also takes 4 seconds to Lock on and only has a 12 degree firing Arc. Upgraded distortion field breaks missiles locks and so does LoS and so does range and so does retro thrusters.
PTorps have what 20% crit chance? And they crit for like what? MY ENTIRE HULL. And all your posts can be solved by nerfing distortion field not scouts (I don't run distortion, I run quick charge for the engine bonus)

Concussion still does 30% to hull and completely wreck my shields leaving me vulnerable.

Only the first strike has access to Ion Cannons and again with the evasion of the pilots I am talking about a good 80% of those shots aren't landing, by the time one lands you are already dead.
The second strike is a long range missile ship if your trying to close quarters dogfight with it your going to be wrecked, its like trying to melee on a commando.

Strike power comes from their heavy weapons, you don't have to track your targets you just blow them out of the sky. Scouts are a pure dogfighter, we have to track and follow targets, so if you die us you died because you got outplayed.

Sanity is for the weak minded.