What Exploit?

Yuuj

I'm trying to get more information on this alleged exploit yesterday and why there needs to be a rollback but so far the only responses I've gotten from people crusading for rollbacks is "I should know and it isn't there job to tell me" and links to 'evidence' with no actual evidence.

From what I was able to gather, INITIALLY the concern was that players were receiving an ungodly amount of valor from turrets that instantly respawn. This led some players to demand rollbacks. Since then, it was been proven that turrets did not in fact grant valor so that can't be it.

A lot of people have been complaining about faction imbalance also but faction imbalance isn't an exploit so I thought "Oh, maybe people were getting more valor from kills somehow" but that isn't the case either. People who were spawn camping were actually receiving less valor everytime they killed the same person over and over again.

So I'm confused. I can't jump onboard the ROLLBACK GRAVY TRAIN without some factual evidence, or at least a clear understanding of what this 'exploit' we are fighting is.

With so many people on board it right now I'm sure you guys will have tons of information for me, screen shots, videos, the sorts with numbers showing these ungodly gains.

Please, no word of mouth. I saw a post from an obvious troll claiming to have gotten max rank on his brand new level 50 yesterday and I was disappointed to see the intelligent PvP community allowing themselves to be so easily manipulated and taken advantage of by someone who was obviously trolling them.

It's horse **** TBH. My Rank 54 Powertech only went up to 55.5 which is roughly 50k And that was with almost all afternoon farming Ilum. The only people that got alot of levels were the sub 50 valor people because those levels don't take anywhere near as much as the 55+ ones.

There is no exploit. People are concerned that other people are "farming" valor by zerging a less populated faction in Ilum.

What they fail to realize however, is that Valor rewards are as designed. And previous to the patch, they weren't that much less. Before the patch you got 10 valor per kill (without the buffs). Now you get 20. The difference is that now you have a UI element telling you that you get Valor, and you don't have trading for points so that people get their bags (less incentive to actually PvP in Ilum). Had people tried doing World PvP before, they would have always seen that there were great Valor gains in Ilum over Warzones. But, forum people would rather be illogical, cry exploit, and complain, then look at things objectively.

You also have people that think that 100 expertise makes/breaks the game, and that a time based achievement (reaching any rank of Valor) is something to be upset over.

/bump

I had a feeling it was one of those "the sky is falling" things. If im right, shame on the PvP community for being lemmings. If im wrong, im onboard the rollback train.

It would be sad if that were the case and they were just hatedroning and allowing themselves to be manipulated by a group of other PvPers spreading rumors but I have faith that...

1) The people in support of a rollback actually know what the exploit they are demanding a rollback for is.

And that they

2) Demanded evidence before jumping on board and attacking Bioware to avoid looking like hatedrones being manipulated by people who aren't pleased with the game.

It would be sad if that were the case and they were just hatedroning and allowing themselves to be manipulated by a group of other PvPers spreading rumors but I have faith that...

1) The people in support of a rollback actually know what the exploit they are demanding a rollback for is.

And that they

2) Demanded evidence before jumping on board and attacking Bioware to avoid looking like hatedrones being manipulated by people who aren't pleased with the game.

Trust me, no exploiting actually occured and the people calling this another "NGE" are proof that the Hyperbole is strong with this forum.

There was no exploit that I am aware of. It's all just a massive troll started by someone yesterday. I had people arguing with me in fleet chat earlier today insisting that the game needed a rollback and people exploited to VR 100. lol

This can't be right. Not a single person has a shred of evidence that there was actually more valor being awarded than intended. =( You mean the PvPers in rollback threads are just taking someones word for it?

This can't be right. Not a single person has a shred of evidence that there was actually more valor being awarded than intended. =( You mean the PvPers in rollback threads are just taking someones word for it?

correct, minus republic players being able to heal turrets for massive valor.

and minus the whole alts in ilum chain rezzing.

basically valor is worthlessly easy now. raising it from 10 to 20 base when there is 200% bonus applied is a big deal.

but you noobs have no idea what it was like to get battlemaster, so enjoy it now for free after 2 days of aoe spam in 2 fps. you earned it.

Yup. That's it. We were all trolled and now we're all trolling. :rolleyes:

You should do some digging, my good man.

correct, minus republic players being able to heal turrets for massive valor.

and minus the whole alts in ilum chain rezzing.

basically valor is worthlessly easy now. raising it from 10 to 20 base when there is 200% bonus applied is a big deal.

but you noobs have no idea what it was like to get battlemaster, so enjoy it now for free after 2 days of aoe spam in 2 fps. you earned it.

If a player is greyed out, you don't get Valor for killing them rofl. I should know, I've killed my fair share of lowbies. Valor was always "easy" to get. It doesn't take skill to get Valor that is freely handed to you if you afk a warzone. Should we call you an exploiter for maximizing your Valor gains in Warzones by medal farming? Should we call you an exploiter for doing Warzones for 12 hours a day?

Yup. That's it. We were all trolled and now we're all trolling. :rolleyes:

You should do some digging, my good man.

I have! I've been through several "Rollback now or I quit!" threads with people asking for evidence but the OP/supporters of rolling back keep giving me the very response you gave me! If you actually know where evidence is of an exploit occurring, why don't you just share it rather than give the run around?

In fact, wouldn't that be something you'd want to include in your original post?

Edited by Yuuj

The only "proof" people have is 2 images and a few youtube videos that have been passed around more than a blunt. Half the claims are false anyway, especially the one about the turrents.

All that 1.1 caused was it revealed a glaring Faction Imbalance, that is it. The only reason this was seen anyway was because it was always there 1.1 just gave us a reason to PvP on Ilum where the Empire numbers would be signifigant.

Yes there was.

Empire was gaining an amazing amount of valor yesterday by farming Repuplic at their base on their steps.

Bioware has stated this was an "exploit" after it happening for about 5 hours, did nothing but disable taxi service and kept the servers up. I fail to see how killing players in a broken PvP zone is exploiting more like testing a broken patch but thanks for labeling all Empire players "exploiters".

So yea, it happened. No it isn't a troll and I unsubbed long before 1.1 anyway.

I play Empire btw and won't support a broken system where our side gets a crazy valor/gear advantage.

I have! I've been through several "Rollback now or I quit!" threads with people asking for evidence but the OP/supporters of rolling back keep giving me the very response you gave me! If you actually know where evidence is of an exploit occurring, why don't you just share it rather than give the run around?

In fact, wouldn't that be something you'd want to include in your original post?

I posted this on another thread:

What's difficult about this situation is that:

(1) You're asking people to willingly turn themselves in if the exploit is true. Sure, Bioware may have ways of punishing players by looking at data, but that's not the point here as we don't know what they're going to do since they haven't said a word since yesterday.

(2) Again, let's say this exploit is true, you're asking the _EXPLOITER_ to turn themselves in. Why would a criminal do that? Hell, it's even hard for an honest man to admit what he did wrong. So far, we got one honest person:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4...2011823380.jpg

(3) Who the hell is going to document proof of their exploitation? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'd be discreet. How many people do you think will capture themselves at X rank then show another picture at X rank?

(4) Why would massive amounts of Imperials stay at Ilum for hours upon hours against the few Republic? Like the man above me said, flash mob? Be real.

(5) Not every person on Ilum came to the forums. It's a small percentage of the total population.

(6) Why did the threads blow up in a few hours yesterday? Call it mass hysteria all you want, but bar the turret farming troll, people were upset. Bioware said two responses in ten hours and let the zerg-fest go on. They showed to me and my close friends that they aren't competent enough to run an MMO.

Believe what you want to, but I think SOMETHING happened on Ilum that day.

Point is, you aren't going to find an overwhelming amount of data on the issue. You'll find pieces of bones that looked just like a creature but it won't be breathing.

There is some other junk floating around, but once again, it's not in my interest to persuade you. I didn't quit because of the valor rollbacks. Mostly because of the ability lags and the fact that Bioware is a little rusty when it comes to PvP. ;(

there were no crazy valor gains. everyone just took everyone elses word for it and cried about nothing for hours. spawn camping happened and was dumb but hey..who cares

dumbest thing ive ever seen happen on any forum ever

Edited by Nisa

there were no crazy valor gains. everyone just took everyone elses word for it and cried about nothing for hours. spawn camping happened and was dumb but hey..who cares

dumbest thing ive ever seen happen on any forum ever

Can you tell me why people spawn-camped, then? With 2-20 FPS? For hours? For no reward?

Can you tell me why people spawn-camped, then? With 2-20 FPS? For hours? For no reward?

no reward? i said no such thing, people were getting valor

just not the ludicrous amounts everyone seems to think they got

Edited by Nisa