Oh Bioware, you so original. (new tier gear)

Though the colors are atrocious people need to stop complaining like they're being forced to wear it. >.> Ctrl + Right Click does wonders.

Except it would be nice for them to make stuff that people would like to wear. I guess the bright side is there's at least a coulple of pieces that would enhance some armors I wear. Though I can already get those same styles on the lower tier stuff.

Edited by Hambunctious

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though the colors are atrocious people need to stop complaining like they're being forced to wear it. >.> Ctrl + Right Click does wonders.

Most of us want something NEW. I've been seeing everybody with the same or similar look for the longest time.

I agree.

Don't like the skins, pull the mods and put them in the skins you like. There are a lot of nice armor skins in game that are moddable on both factions, beginning at level 11. Some of the best moddable items in fact are in the 19-33 level range IMO. Take control of your in game experience and use them IMO.

Bioware would be much better off removing the armor all together and just place the mods in game. This way they can make dye kits with a wide range of colors so that we, the players, can make our gear whatever color we want. Most of the current top end gear looks like crap. Most of this new gear does not look any differant in design. The art designers suck. Most of this stuff does not even look like anything that would be worn in Star Wars, in any era.

I will stick my characters in various social gear and use the mods from these new sets. You will not catch me running around looking this stupid.

Edited by Kilikaa

Honestly this is bad - I play a consular and red or yellow? holy crap. See I know I can get the mods - but here is the thing - this stuff looks soooo bad - all of it (tiers) that I do not even want to put one minute into getting this stuff.

From level 11 I wear the same orange gear and after dailies are done on Ilum thats as hi as my mods go.

Maybe there lack of "gear" is whats causing this game so slowly fall..........cause come on - half of this **** sucks. Where is the content I paid for? Like the stuff that was in beta?

Honestly this is bad - I play a consular and red or yellow? holy crap. See I know I can get the mods - but here is the thing - this stuff looks soooo bad - all of it (tiers) that I do not even want to put one minute into getting this stuff.

From level 11 I wear the same orange gear and after dailies are done on Ilum thats as hi as my mods go.

Maybe there lack of "gear" is whats causing this game so slowly fall..........cause come on - half of this **** sucks. Where is the content I paid for? Like the stuff that was in beta?

If you were expecting this to beat WoW, its not. Its not even going to get close to it, and yes I do agree the consular looks terrible, Mustard and Ketchup

I agree.

Don't like the skins, pull the mods and put them in the skins you like. There are a lot of nice armor skins in game that are moddable on both factions, beginning at level 11. Some of the best moddable items in fact are in the 19-33 level range IMO. Take control of your in game experience and use them IMO.

Ya, you have to admit though it takes a lot of the excitement away that you even dont get a cool new look with your uber new endgame gear you have probably spent weeks or even months trying to get.

I work in 3d and could make a new armour set in one day, and even get started on the textures.....especially if I was working from a design reference....

Why can't the development team get that people get attached to their characters, and that's what keeps the playing an MMO. It's one simple idea which they just can't get through their thick heads!

If I can't stand to look at my character, I won't want to play the game. It's just that simple.

The art of the gear, has to be one area where no compromises can be made. Don't they have a focus group to consult about their art style and direction? How did these armor sets even make past concept? How have they not gotten the hint that people hate these sets? I haven't seen anyone wearing them on my server, only the odd bit here and there while someone was grinding credits to extract the mods, that's it. Don't they have metrics to show them this stuff?

Why would they think it's a good idea, after such a long period of time without content updates, to give us more of what the masses have come out and very clearly stated, "This armor is ugly, get rid of it." how much more clear could we have made it?

I'd love to hear what the dev team has to say about this. I bet the reasoning would be hilarious.

If they do indeed have a focus group for this stuff, they need to lay them off and bring in some actual Star Wars fans, and actual players of TOR. Because anyone who gives the OK on this stuff, needs to have his head examined.

Why can't the development team get that people get attached to their characters, and that's what keeps the playing an MMO. It's one simple idea which they just can't get through their thick heads!

If I can't stand to look at my character, I won't want to play the game. It's just that simple.

I agree! If this was about our personal story - about rping then why are there doing this? how loud does this community haveto get? How many more sub's haveto drop?

Why do most of the armors have so much useless crap hanging off of it? for instance, what I think is the Smuggler class (bottom all the way right), why does the helmet have shards of metal sticking out of it? And the Sith Inquisitor, again with the excess metal? Did he wake up covered in Krazy glue then fall into a pile of scrap metal? Looks way too messy and just plain thrown together. The Jedi Knight's/Sith Warrior's armor would look okay, if the Warrior didn't have that Skyrim/Oblivion-esque helmet and the Knight didn't have the shoulder pads that look like 1970s banana bicycle seats. Consular's robes are way too flared to be robes at all. They look more like flared skirts, and that's not right at all for any male consulars out there.And when you look at his armor as a whole, everything looks like it's supposed to be neat & streamlined, then you get down to his boots, which are wrapped in Ace bandages at the calf.

The only armors that look even remotely good are the Troopers and the Agent. Bounty Hunter would be in the good looking category if it wasn't for the coat tail. I know some BH armor in-game at the moment has this same design, and I don't like that either. Maybe BioWare should think about hiring some consultants that worked as costume designers for the Star Wars films & other sci-fi media IN THE GENRE (Firefly/Serenity & Farscape off the top of my heads).

At the very least have a contest where some of the players that may have experience in 3D design showcase their costume designs, post them on the forums and let US pick what we want to see. As an added bonus, BW gets a new (talented) employee and one of your players gets a sweet job. At the end of the day, I hope this was just a leak of fake update armor because this looks horrible and whoever put their stamp of approval on it should retire from game design immediately.