Maintenance: November 14th, 2019

EricMusco

Also imagine all the people that do exactly the same, that don't know about this change, or that have no time to log into the game and prepare for this. There is going to be a lot of backlash tomorrow after the patch.

Yep & they don't care. It's not the way "they want it to work" with the "play your own way" theme. lol

It's gonna hit some players quite hard.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also imagine all the people that do exactly the same, that don't know about this change, or that have no time to log into the game and prepare for this. There is going to be a lot of backlash tomorrow after the patch.

While I have personally not used the refund timers (have too many alts needing set bonuses to need the said timers), I will be doing PSAs on fleet warning people of the change and urging them to spend their tech fragments now. I encourage others to do the same.

On a side note, I'm very displeased about the nerfs to the Nimble Master set, especially since the utility to replace the double Force Charge is only going to Sentinels and not Guardians. I wasted 12k tech fragments for a set I could only use for a week, and the replacement set bonus is completely underwhelming. Saber Ward is on way too long of a cooldown to replace a mobility bonus that attached to a fifteen-second cooldown ability previously. Blade Blitz would have had a far more appropriate cooldown to attach the replacement mobility set bonus--Saber Ward is on such a long cooldown that Nimble Master set went from being great in PvP to completely useless in all scenarios.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

It's unfortunate that this patch does not seem to be addressing the issue with gear not dropping for the proper spec/loot discipline. I'm not currently affected (both of my mains are tanks), but it seems to be a fairly major/core issue tied directly to the primary system level change that came with Onslaught. And it's been a fairly hot topic here on the forums. Edited by Tohmas
Fixed typo

I'm just glad the PvP issue ( I don't play) was sorted out before my peak time server downage comes in.

But as I live in Europe that my own fault...

(Funny how they don't mind me paying for the downtime...)

I should probably emigrate...

(Sounds harsh but most of the patch downtime here is during the hours I can

actually play. Sorry...Or am I? ) ;)

Edited by Rammboo

Set Bonus gear and Tactical items purchased from the Class vendors on the fleet can no longer be refunded.

Oh come on, Bioware. I know you love your credit sinks but wasn't it enough that we have to reroll amplifiers on mods, now you want the same for shells? That's just wrong....

Edited by Gelious

Set Bonus gear and Tactical items purchased from the Class vendors on the fleet can no longer be refunded.

Thats just stupid. I understand that people were rerolling amplifiers but having no refund policy is really bad decision. Fix it some other way. Dont just willy nilly remove something thats pretty much essential - now more than ever with the stupid naming system: like where before i had to looks for Concentrated Fire Boots now i have to check for it amongs all other boots from other sets because everything has the name turned around : Boots of Concentrated Fire - makes it more easy than ever to misclick stuff and you now wanna remove refunds? Found some other way to fix amp rerolling.

Edited by Darittha

There was nothing in the patch notes about the scaling issues in Eternal Championship and the Bowdarr recruitment mission. The enemies scale to 75 and the player scales to 70.

I'm disappointed about this, too. I have a char that can't finish Freedom Fight's final boss fight. Bowdarr dies nearly instantly as it is right now.

Regarding the tech fragments "storage", the patch notes say the change of refunds is for Class vendors, so fingers crossed perhaps Kai Zykken won't be affected by this. But it is still bad, if we can store our fragments only during weekends, like they force us to play (or at least earn tech fragments and store them without worrying too much about the cap) during weekends only...

It's bad as I get weekly conquest reward on lots of alts on tuesdays (usually around 9k tech fragments) and I will have to wait untill friday with mission reward pending if I wan't to store them.

Edited by black_pyros

are you at least thinking about upping the tech fragment cap? pretty please, like at least make it 24k

I scratched the cap twice yesterday (due to conquest rewards, finished weeklies and the likes) and was like 'Oh shoot, I have to buy something now, but what and why?!'

Edited by Dekibra

Will the lack of feedback message (on the type and quantity of resources) be fixed for gathering resource in this patch or in due course otherwise? At the moment, there is no 'kick' in gathering resources as it feel like everything goes into an empty black hole without any feedback message on what is and how much is gathered.

Will the lack of feedback message (on the type and quantity of resources) be fixed for gathering resource in this patch or in due course otherwise? At the moment, there is no 'kick' in gathering resources as it feel like everything goes into an empty black hole without any feedback message on what is and how much is gathered.

I'd like to know this as well. I really dislike not seeing how much my companions has gathered. Pls give us the feedback message back.

Also any word on when pvp will be addressed for awarding Purple loot when people are full 306 cause gear received for doing pvp is way off. (Which is had caused a great uproar among your pvp community and causing people to walk away from the game). The weekly reward for doing pvp compared to doing the weekly for GSF is also out of balance awarding to little for doing the pvp weekly. Pls make both 700 tech frag for doing the weekly.

And finally is the dev team going to address people still receiving the wrong type of loot for their specialization (i.e. healer and dps getting tank gear when they are not specced tank)

Edited by swiftrav

Regarding the tech fragments "storage", the patch notes say the change of refunds is for Class vendors, so fingers crossed perhaps Kai Zykken won't be affected by this. But it is still bad, if we can store our fragments only during weekends, like they force us to play (or at least earn tech fragments and store them without worrying too much about the cap) during weekends only...

It's bad as I get weekly conquest reward on lots of alts on tuesdays (usually around 9k tech fragments) and I will have to wait untill friday with mission reward pending if I wan't to store them.

That's the first thing that stood out when I read the patch notes yesterday. Unless they increase the cap or remove it, Kai will be the only way we can store fragments until we're ready to use them. If Kai also changes along with the class vendors, we'll just have to blow fragments. One of the easier ways is buying the 'unidentified' items in the supply section, at least they sell for a cheap cost and an easy way to monitor the cap.

• Dev Post

All servers are once again available. Thanks everyone! If you log in and don't see your RE-1 droid waiting for you, you were likely still logged in during maintenance. Close your client fully and reopen it, he should be waiting in your mailbox.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

"Objective Meridian

Bosses in Objective Meridian now sometimes drop Corellia inspired Stronghold Decorations.".

Why only "sometimes"? Having guaranteed deco drops is great motivation for decorators and solo players to run the fps. Why does EVERYTHING have to be random? I already have to grind the fps to get the gear set I want, now I have to grind for decos as well? I get making the game a little harder, in fact I support that, but making something like getting free decos harder is only going to add to the trade market inflation that you're trying to combat. Make the deco drops guaranteed.

Seriously--how many players did this just screw over? I have a stack of gear on an alt as I used up the tiny cap on Tech fragments. Sure hope I got the right ones...

, the world boss weeklies and event weekly still award the old currency and the Mysterious Smuggler is still present, offering to trade now non-existent Unassembled Components for more Masterwork Crystals.

the poor guy is just trying to make a living and feed his wife, and 15 kids, don't take that away from him, won't someone please think of the children..... :D

They've added commas to numbers to the stats in character sheet.

Finally my masterwork crystal was removed from the currency tab.

Sorcerer Revitalized Mystic's 2-piece set bonus was changed. It was 2% alacrity and now it's 2% mastery.

Edited by Givemedanger