What do you think eventually happens to the Sith Empire?

ShadowsOfAmn

So by around 3000 BBY, this Sith Empire in the game is gone. What do you think happens to it?

Being wiped out by infighting and the Republic seems like the obvious answer but maybe eventually they unite. We will most likely never find out. Canon in the Star Wars Expanded Universe for before 3000 BBY is likely forbidden from being touched after the release of TOR.

It's too bad they couldn't just pull a Star Trek 2009 where they form a whole new timeline and canon or as in the DC or Marvel worlds where they just create another universe.

Considering the movie-era Republic's insignia is almost identical to the Sith Empire's, my personal theory is that the Empire does triumph but in its hour of victory splinters into civil war between the Sith and the Empire. The Empire and what's left of the Republic join forces and defeat the Sith, and thereafter become one government.

After the 'balance had been restored' there is nothing to stop corruption, incompetence and bureaucracy of the Republic enforced democracy. We already have that in Europe - wait few years and see how it will start falling apart...

So probably after 'grey' ages, where practice of (any) force is forbidden, a new Sith restoration era will begin.

After the 'balance had been restored' there is nothing to stop corruption, incompetence and bureaucracy of the Republic enforced democracy. We already have that in Europe - wait few years and see how it will start falling apart...

So probably after 'grey' ages, where practice of (any) force is forbidden, a new Sith restoration era will begin.

*** are you on about?

Considering the movie-era Republic's insignia is almost identical to the Sith Empire's, my personal theory is that the Empire does triumph but in its hour of victory splinters into civil war between the Sith and the Empire. The Empire and what's left of the Republic join forces and defeat the Sith, and thereafter become one government.

The Republic symbol with the 8 spokes is based on the Order of Dai Bendu.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bendu

Having 10,000+ years of story to delve into doesn't really require an alternate timeline. I think it will be cool to see what happens.

It would suck if they never tell us what really happen in the 500 or so years in between TOR and the time the Sith Empire disappeared. I kind of fear that will happen because the developers of MMOs usually keep the sides evened up to avoid upsetting one side and losing a bunch of subscribers.

The Republic symbol with the 8 spokes is based on the Order of Dai Bendu.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bendu

It would suck if they never tell us what really happen in the 500 or so years in between TOR and the time the Sith Empire disappeared. I kind of fear that will happen because the developers of MMOs usually keep the sides evened up to avoid upsetting one side and losing a bunch of subscribers.

They dont have 500 years to play with, not even close. They got about ~50 years maximum to play with.

It'll probably depend on which faction arc you are following. For Sith, they probably establish an Empire that lasts a long time but gets destroyed sometime in the distant future, with the Republic maintaining only a marginal presence in the galaxy until that day. For the Republic, they either outright vanquish the Sith Empire or compress it to only a marginal presence, again, until it is destroyed sometime in the distant future.

In Episode 3 Windu and Sidious state that the Sith have ruled the Galaxy at one point. Might actually be after the events of this game/

lol do you really think anything from the movie refers to the EU? Lucas already answered that anyway, he said Darth Ruins empire conquered the galaxy and ruled for a long time then got destroyed by the jedi.

They dont have 500 years to play with, not even close. They got about ~50 years maximum to play with.

Where r u getting the time of fifty years from?

SWTOR take place 3643-3641 BBY*

Lost Tribe of the Sith: Pantheon takes place 3000 BBY**

Darth Ruin is around 2000 BBY***

so by that time line the creators of swtor has 641 years to play with.

*http://timelineuniverse.net/History.htm & http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_galactic_history

**http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Tribe_of_the_Sith:_Pantheon

***http://misc.thefullwiki.org/Darth_Ruin

Where r u getting the time of fifty years from?

SWTOR take place 3643-3641 BBY*

Lost Tribe of the Sith: Pantheon takes place 3000 BBY**

Darth Ruin is around 2000 BBY***

so by that time line the creators of swtor has 641 years to play with.

*http://timelineuniverse.net/History.htm & http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_galactic_history

**http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Tribe_of_the_Sith:_Pantheon

***http://misc.thefullwiki.org/Darth_Ruin

The next era is around 100 years from the cold war. Which a fallen jedi falls to the dark side to become Darth Desolus and amasses an army that kills thousands of Jedi. The fact it was explained that it was in a time of peace AND that the republic is doing fine gives Bioware around ~50 years to play with, probably less.

The next era is around 100 years from the cold war. Which a fallen jedi falls to the dark side to become Darth Desolus and amasses an army that kills thousands of Jedi. The fact it was explained that it was in a time of peace AND that the republic is doing fine gives Bioware around ~50 years to play with, probably less.

Oh wow....that actually sucks.

Husband: Hey hun, we're victorious! We beat the Empire back!

Wife: Let's have sex!

*Years later*

Husband: Hey didn't you hear? Some Jedi and Sith fought each other and a lot died!

Wife: Wasn't our son a jedi?

Husband: .....

So by around 3000 BBY, this Sith Empire in the game is gone. What do you think happens to it?

Being wiped out by infighting and the Republic seems like the obvious answer but maybe eventually they unite. We will most likely never find out. Canon in the Star Wars Expanded Universe for before 3000 BBY is likely forbidden from being touched after the release of TOR.

It's too bad they couldn't just pull a Star Trek 2009 where they form a whole new timeline and canon or as in the DC or Marvel worlds where they just create another universe.

Revan comes back and roflstomps whats left of the empire leaving only imperial slaves and people unloyal to the empire, they merge with the Republic and a new age of peace begins:cool:

Its probably not gonna be told in the game for a few reasons:

You have to remember that these characters were playing have a story, that means they would be long and dead when all these events happened. It would be like operatives that never got to see the soviet union fall apart, sure we know now that it happens but back then no one knew what was going to happen.

The "cold war" era we are in lasts generations, meaning the only thing we will get is alluded to info unless the people at Bioware at some point decide it wouldn't eff up the story too much to have a book come out that shows what happens in 500 years.

I mean, unless they eventually have it that your Sith character gains immortality (at least in aging.) during the storyline, it shouldn't matter too much.

Considering the differences in plot directions light side and darkside characters seem to take (including the shaping of the empire), I don't see how they can put in canon what actually happens without upsetting their own questlines.

So don't expect much, tbh.

I Looked it up yes there was Darth Desolus but I still dont see how u get 50 years.

Quote from Databank in The Force Unleashed:Born nearly 3500 years before the clone wars, the warrior who would become

Darth Desolous was once a revered Jedi Master whos name is now lost to history.

Sadly his lust for battle led him to the dark side and he embraced the

teachings of the Sith. Expelled from the Jedi order, the fallen Master took on

the name of Darth Desolous and vowed to have his revenge. He began training

an army of Pau'ans in his own style of martial arts, which favored the use of a

cortosis alloy shield in conjunction with a melee weapon. The shield was

typically used to block incoming attacks (Including a Jedi's lightsaber) leaving

the opponent open to counterattack. Darth Desolous eventually rallied his

bloodthirsty soldiers against the Jedi, ambushing Jedi Knights across the

galaxy. After each attack, he became bolder and more reckless, his desire for

revenge and hatred for the Jedi eclipsing all other emotions. Desolous's

rampage led to the slaughter of nealry two thousand Jedi, but eventually he

grew overconfident. Desolous confronted a small Force of Jedi on Yaga Minor,

btu these Knights were simply bait to draw the killer into a tactically

disadvantegous position. When Desolous attacked, a large Jedi fleet appeared

out of hyperspace, preventing Desolous' retreat. Outnumbered and outmatched,

Desolous' army was destroyed and the Sith Lord was finally struck down. In

some ways, however, Desolous became even more powerful in death. Over time, his

legend grew and his name became synonymous with hatred and rage. His visage

was later used as part of the Jedi Trials - an enraged opponent for Padawans

to face in the hopes of mastering their own base emotions.

Desolous was Born around 3500 years before the clone was. Tor lakes place at 3641. Time between Tor and THE BIRTH of Desolous if he was born exactly at 3500 (which is not what it says.) would still be 141 years. I think you are also mistaken that they only have 50 years because Desolous is Pau'an not human. Which as a species can live up 700 years. It doesnt say "At a time of peace Darth Desolous raised an army in 3500 ect." So the time between when Tor ends and Desolous rises is very open and is alot more than fifty years.

I'm not sure how this fits with the Empire in general, but Darth Bane destorys the rest of the Sith Order and installing the rule for two which lasts up through the movies, and in the Bane novels there isn't any mention the Sith Empire as it is in TOR.

Darth Bane Novel Path of Distruction takes place Between 1006 and 1000 BBY 2641 years after TOR give or take..

So the only thing we know for sure is that the emperor doesn't succeed in consuming the galaxy and that the Empire disappears sometime within the 600 or so years.

If the Empire is outright destroyed by the Republic, you would see a bunch of Imperial players rage quit their subscriptions so its either some kind of union between the two or at least a hint that the Empire is going to lose or join the Republic somehow. I think the only thing keeping the Empire together is the Emperor and the Empire will turn on him when they discover he just wants to consume everyone so maybe when the Emperor is finally killed, the Empire will begin to self destruct.

I could be mistaken here, but I'm pretty sure that in the first Darth Bane book he pretty muchs wipes out all of the Sith. I mean, he does in fact wipe them out, but I don't know how the timeline from this game ties to that timeline.

Edit: Looking at diamond's post above I see now. Somehow that bottom answer eluded my attention seconds ago.

Edited by JediGerad