Proposed changes to merc/commando skill tree for pvp balance

darthnish

What up gamers,

I've been playing my new 50 merc extensively and i feel that the following skill tree changes would make us more balanced at the same time not changing anything related to pve:

1) weapons calibrations(commando)/system calibrations(mercenary) tier 1 pyro tech/Assault :

At the moment it provides 2%/4% alacrity.

Proposed change: Tactical Retreat/Fall back: When stock strike/rocket punch is used, it has a 50%/100% chance to grant a 30% movement speed increase and additionally prevents all roots/snares and knock back and knock down effects for 3 seconds.

2) This one is a change to reserve power cell /Thermal sensor overrides: At the moment it makes the next attack that costs ammo/heat free, it should also additionally: The next channel/cast time used will be granted immunity to interrupts.

3) Reserve rounds/ Power overrides (tier 6 commando/merc gunnery/arsenal ): it should also additionally make Concussion round/missile instant cast.

4) Pyrotech/assault spec tier 4 ( rapid venting/ rapid recharge): Additional effect: reduce cd of Unload/Full auto by 3/6seconds and additionally reduce its heat/ammo cost by 8/1.

This change is it bring it in like with Powertech/Vanguard dps as they are able to stock strike much more often for a better % to reset cd on railshot/ high impact bolt.

Here are some of my wishful list:

At 5 stacks of Tracer Lock/gravity vortex : Heat seeker missile/Demo round stuns the target for 2 secs.

Degauss tier 3 merc/commando: should additionally grant movement speed immunity for its duration.

Anyway what do you guys think of the proposed changes? are you happy with it?

And please feel free to add on to it, i will update my thread with the ones that i feel are good and wouldn't break the game's balance

I think the first suggestion is slightly overpowered to get both a speed boost and basically hydraulic overrides off 1 ability, one or the other.

Also the unload buff is also ridiculous reducing its cd and heat to nothing once again I'll say one or the other, are pyro mercs going to just spam a free unload every 9 secs to get RS procs? which not even a pt pyro now unless you include using thermal override and flame burst together to get a proc. I don't particularly like another 30m instant stun for arsenal/gunnery to be thrown around in pvp there is already enough cc as there is.

Edited by aVmuse

I think the first suggestion is slightly overpowered to get both a speed boost and basically hydraulic overrides off 1 ability, one or the other.

The rest sounds alright, but I don't particularly like another 30m instant stun for arsenal/gunnery to be thrown around in pvp there is already enough cc as there is.

imo its the key ability we need, if you have ever played aresenal we have no survivability any class cna lock us down with easte

imo its the key ability we need, if you have ever played aresenal we have no survivability any class cna lock us down with easte

I don't believe a 30m stun that breaks on damage will help prevent you getting locked down, but it will just add to the resolve.

Honestly a much longer root maybe around 10 seconds like something arsenal needs without needing another stun.

I don't believe a 30m stun that breaks on damage will help prevent you getting locked down, but it will just add to the resolve.

Honestly a much longer root maybe around 10 seconds like something arsenal needs without needing another stun.

its a mez mate, breaks on dmg, smart players will use it to create distance, sages/shadows have a similar talent in madness/balance that does the exact same thing with force lift/whirlwind. i also have a sage and lift is a fricken life saver

Those propositions, aside, perhaps, for stun on demo round, aren't unreasonable. I also think that talented stockstrike\rocket punch should have both KB *and* root. I find myself using it in combination with Triage that frequently cleanses off movement-impairing effects(depending on the type and on the number of debuffs on you already), but, for reasons listed, it isn't a really reliable strategy.

A small push plus short root would be very handy, I think.

Edited by Helig

Also the unload buff is also ridiculous reducing its cd and heat to nothing once again I'll say one or the other, are pyro mercs going to just spam a free unload every 9 secs to get RS procs? which not even a pt pyro now unless you include using thermal override and flame burst together to get a proc. I don't particularly like another 30m instant stun for arsenal/gunnery to be thrown around in pvp there is already enough cc as there is.

please sir i play a pyro merc and our heat management is complete bs unload costs 16 heat btw, if you ever play a pyro merc you will know the heat issues it has, WHY you ask? well we NEED to use inc missile(24 heat) to use rail shot, BUT pyro can use flame burst(16 heat) which AUTOMATICALLY actives plasma cell making rail shot available, 24 vs 16 bro AND we need to CAST both abilities that make rail shot cd reset, ONE is a 1.5 second cast and the other is a THREE second channel, internal cd on rail shot proc is 6 seconds, and if you sit there casting power shot like an idiot you;re gonna get shutdown so fast.

Plus to the fact that a pyro merc vs pyro PT dps wise is such a huge gap. why?

lack of guaranteed plasma cell proc

Both abilities that help us are cast/channel vs instant in both cases, dmg difference as well, pyro, both abilties are tech,whereas ours is ranged.

But please tell me how a 8 heat reduction to one ability is SOO op.

i would make for weapon calibrations something as: Charged Bolt has 50%/100% chance to trigger plasma cell

Static Barrier: grav ground / charged bolts have 50%/100% chance to build up a barrier that decreases incoming damage by 1% stacks up to 5 times. At 5 stacks, all attacks become Uninterruptible and cant be leaped.

Tech override: Makes all your abilities that have an activation time to activate instantly for the next 10 seconds.

Concussion Charge: Deals 462 - 501 elemental damage and pushes up to 5 nearby enemies back away from the Trooper. Targets are rooted for 4 seconds, damage breaks the effect after 2 seconds.

Return the knockaway to stockstrike

Curtain of Fire: Charged bolts/grav round have 15%/30%/45% chance to finish the cooldown of Full Auto, increase the damage done by the next full auto by 25% makes its damage elemental and uninterruptible.

Edited by xxIncubixx

i would make for weapon calibrations something as: Charged Bolt has 50%/100% chance to trigger plasma cell

Static Barrier: grav ground / charged bolts have 50%/100% chance to build up a barrier that decreases incoming damage by 1% stacks up to 5 times. At 5 stacks, all attacks become Uninterruptible and cant be leaped.

Tech override: Makes all your abilities that have an activation time to activate instantly for the next 10 seconds.

Concussion Charge: Deals 462 - 501 elemental damage and pushes up to 5 nearby enemies back away from the Trooper. Targets are rooted for 4 seconds, damage breaks the effect after 2 seconds.

Return the knockaway to stockstrike

Curtain of Fire: Charged bolts/grav round have 15%/30%/45% chance to finish the cooldown of Full Auto, increase the damage done by the next full auto by 25% makes its damage elemental and uninterruptible.

Everything but the root on kb is OP imo our dmg is fine, we dont need more dmg

Everything but the root on kb is OP imo our dmg is fine, we dont need more dmg

so so, powertech spammable attack does more damage then grav round... but anyway

plus static barrier that i proposed would fix alot of the survivability issues of gunnery, because lets be honest here. gunnery is supposed to be stationary but right now it has zero tools to do so efficiantly, like a sniper for instence.

Edited by xxIncubixx

I personally still like the idea of bringing energy shield down to tier 2 in medic tree to make it accessible to gunnery.

I'd rather see Gunnery with its own, independent anti-interrupt mechanic, or skills that reduce the need for cast time (instants after Tech Override, more quick grav vortex stacking for Demo round followups, etc, etc).

Or allow them to leap but if they do they get stunned for 4 seconds, breaks on damage after 2 seconds. Doesn't build any resolve. Then it would require more than half a brain to bring down a merc/commando.

Anyone ever thought about giving them a 'leap back' skill? The inverse of force leap, it would jump back 30m from the target.

And then some glowstick user will forcejump at you smash and will hit you for 7k or some vanguard/powertech /shadow/sin will pull you back to their feet.....

aint gonna happen but give us cover like gs/sniper but only natural cover no that screen cover thing or something like that we are soldiers taking cover its a must!

imo instead of QQing and making threads about mercs being underpowered, why not consolidate your thoughts and ideas here.....

I did twice and i saw about 10+ threads like this. Do you know how BW responded? - .!.

After that i play the other toon that's it.

And then some glowstick user will forcejump at you smash and will hit you for 7k or some vanguard/powertech /shadow/sin will pull you back to their feet.....

aint gonna happen but give us cover like gs/sniper but only natural cover no that screen cover thing or something like that we are soldiers taking cover its a must!

I wish my gunslinger could wear Heavy Armor + rifle and have class name "Trooper" - that's my dream. :) I LOVE the gunslinger's utility so much but hate his style. I wish my commando has half of the tools my GS has. :(

Edited by dejavy

tbh here are the reasons i find mercs lacking:

1) Aresenal too dependent on cast times: solution, give us a cd that makes us immune too interupts like you did with tele sages

2)very stationary: give us a speed boost, sages have force speed, we dont,. im not asking for a 150% movement speed, just a 30% or so will do fine

3) Reduction in some cds, to bring dps in line with PTs

that is all im asking for