Kotor collection issue?

Newyankalt

Today I bought the kotor collection since I loved them on Xbox. I installed it without a problem than I started up kotor 1 didn't work so I did the same with kotor 2 also didn't start up it crashed right at start ( I have windows 7 professional). I updated my graphics drivers, Put it in compatibility with windows xp sp 3 and ran as admin. I got past the logos than right where the intro movie should be its just a black screen no movie or sound plays.

Is there anyway to resolve this issue I heard disabling movies helps but how do I do that?

Edited by Newyankalt

Try the different service packs. I remember I had to rotate them with KOTOR 1 a few months ago, although I havent downloaded the new collection. I was under the impression this new version was put out specifically so that it worked for 7...

Try the different service packs. I remember I had to rotate them with KOTOR 1 a few months ago, although I havent downloaded the new collection. I was under the impression this new version was put out specifically so that it worked for 7...

Well actually it's just the same thing but patched I just can't seem to get past the intro movie. And they released a kotor collection a few months ago for $20 you can buy it a most video game retailers.

I have the same problem with my copy of KOTOR II, installed, created a character, crashed right after loading, disabling movies didn't help. I hear like a second of the Ebon Hawk's alarm and then it just crashes completely...

so if anyone knows how to get it working i'd appreciate it, running windows 7 home premium right now.

Not sure if the collection is any different, but on both the individual games there's a file called "swconfig" in the program files. Open that and you should be able to disable the movies.

Yes I have tried this but when I go in the program files there is no file called swconfig so I'm wondering is there an alternate way to do it.