Flashiest tank?

ElevenBfour

Just asking a general question about the flashiest tank. Answer can be republic or Empire but I'm curious what everyone's favorite to watch is. It's a question about style really. When you see (class) tank, they just have the cool factor.

Not talking about OP'ness or anything like that, just funnest to watch do their job well.

Just asking a general question about the flashiest tank. Answer can be republic or Empire but I'm curious what everyone's favorite to watch is. It's a question about style really. When you see (class) tank, they just have the cool factor.

Not talking about OP'ness or anything like that, just funnest to watch do their job well.

I have only played a Powertech: Shield Tech. I actually have 2 level 50 Powertech tanks for raid lockouts and such.

I consider the Powertech to be quite flashy because of all the cool fire effects they have. Specifically the skill Flame Sweep. Since Bioware changed the talent tree a while back to give us 2 heat free Flame Sweeps after a Jet Charge it almost looks like a fiery spinning top!

Death From Above is also pretty cool looking! Raising up into the air above the rest of your group and raining down missles, then jet charging to the enemies before you land back on the ground, then spamming Flame Sweep 2-3 times, followed up by a Flame Thrower is quite impressive to see imo.

I also enjoy watching Shadow tanks, something about the double light saber look that just oozes awesomness! Unfortunatly after playing a Powertech for so long I just cant seem to get into any of the other tank classes ... got a Jugg, and Assassin to 30s/40s and always go back to my BH!

EDIT: Also wanted to mention that having a Charge, AND a Pull (Jet Charge, and Grapple) really gives you a lot of control over any given fight. I think I have had more compliments over mob control in FP PUGs then anything else. LOS pulling, Grappling ranged mobs, using Jet Charge on Cooldown to maximize the use of the 2 free Flame Sweeps. It just seems so much simplier to control fights as a Powertech.

Edited by Dademoor

just funnest to watch do their job well.

It depends on how you define fun/flashy.

For pure particle effects and special visuals, it probably goes to the Assassin: loads of purple lightning and black auras makes for a remarkably flashy visual style coupled with using a DBSD for twice the lightstick of a Guardian/Jugg.

For unique visual effects (for an assassin, it's pretty much lightning, lightning, and moar lightning as the flashy parts), it probably goes to the Powertech (if you like fire and knives) or Vanguard (if you like white-blue electricity and unintended uses for a blaster rifle coupled with explosions).

The least flashy tank, as I see it, has to be the Shadow. Instead of lightning, the Shadow gets rocks that, half the time, you can't even see because of other particle effects. Instead of dark auras, they get some more floating rocks (KW) and some slight yelllow auras that, when I first saw them, I wasn't sure if they were intentional or a graphical glitch. It still has the DBSD and some really kewl spinning kick moves, but those aren't going to play a major part in their tanking visuals compared to the rocks. Guard/Juggs at least get some jumping/acrobatics/explosive visuals to make them somewhat interesting.

Thanks for the replies. Very interesting replies to say the least. I never thought about the PT being flashy, but after hearing it described sounds pretty neat. I've not done much grouping since time hasn't really allowed much play time at all. My new schedule has calmed down alot, well, I've gotten used to it so I manage my time better and I'll have some more play time. Hopefully we get some more descriptive input.