Artifact and Prototype Gift Fragments question

salihe

So, I keep browsing the Curator, the vendor that's in the same booth and right next to the Companion Gifts vendor on the Fleet, and I keep wondering what Artifact and Prototype Gift Fragments are, and where they come from. After wondering long enough and finally deciding to look it up, I discovered they're produced from Treasure Hunting. After checking the AH and not finding any, I started to wonder if they were bound, and thus, all the items sold by the Curator limited exclusively to Treasure Hunters, or if the fragments were able to be sold.

So, that's the question: are Treasure Hunters the only ones who can use Artifact and Prototype Gift Fragments, and thus, are the Curator's items limited exclusively to them, or can Treasure Hunters sell the fragments they get, thereby opening up the Curator's shop to all?

Edit: Scratch the above post. Got a hold of a nice, and very helpful Treasure Hunter in-game who answered all my questions, lol. So, if a mod feels like deleting this post, please do.

Oh, and if anyone's curious as to the answer, the fragments are not bound.

Edited by salihe

So, I keep browsing the Curator, the vendor that's in the same booth and right next to the Companion Gifts vendor on the Fleet, and I keep wondering what Artifact and Prototype Gift Fragments are, and where they come from. After wondering long enough and finally deciding to look it up, I discovered they're produced from Treasure Hunting. After checking the AH and not finding any, I started to wonder if they were bound, and thus, all the items sold by the Curator limited exclusively to Treasure Hunters, or if the fragments were able to be sold.

So, that's the question: are Treasure Hunters the only ones who can use Artifact and Prototype Gift Fragments, and thus, are the Curator's items limited exclusively to them, or can Treasure Hunters sell the fragments they get, thereby opening up the Curator's shop to all?

All the mission skills have the option to run missions for companion gifts. Just run one and you will get either the fragments or a companion gift. And no you cant sell the fragments on the GTN.

Tyr

All the mission skills have the option to run missions for companion gifts. Just run one and you will get either the fragments or a companion gift. And no you cant sell the fragments on the GTN.

Tyr

Someone just gave me a couple of both, so they're not bound. Stands to reason that if they're not bound, they could be sold on teh AH, unless I'm missing something.

Oh, and I have yet to see any missions in Slicing or Scavenging to get any gifts...o.O

Edited by salihe

Someone just gave me a couple of both, so they're not bound. Stands to reason that if they're not bound, they could be sold on teh AH, unless I'm missing something.

Oh, and I have yet to see any missions in Slicing or Scavenging to get any gifts...o.O

I tried to post fragments on the GTN... Wont let me.

Slicing and scavenging are gathering skills not mission skills. Investigation, Treasure Hunting, Diplomacy, and Underworld Trading are mission crew skills.

Scavenging, Archeology, Slicing, and Bioanalysis are gathering skills.

How do you tell? The gathering skills have nodes out in the world you can click on. While the mission skills only have missions.

Tyr

• 1 month later...
but you can also slice nodes in the field and send your companions on missions to gather so that logic doesnt apply... but yes you are right about the division of gathering and mission skills, just wanted to point it out that slicing is in the field like nodes.

but you can also slice nodes in the field and send your companions on missions to gather so that logic doesnt apply... but yes you are right about the division of gathering and mission skills, just wanted to point it out that slicing is in the field like nodes.

Slicing has nodes and is a gathering skill. All gathering skills also allow you to send companions out on missions to get the gatherable materials. Slicing is no different in that regard. What he says fits perfect.

• 4 months later...