Expertise is a PvP only stat.

The PvE gear progression is Tionese -> Columi -> Rakata -> Black Hole / Campaign

The PvP gear progression is Recruit -> Battlemaster -> War Hero

I know the gear progression and that exp is pvp only, but the bm pvp gear has higher stats (endru, primary etc.) than columi right? Or was that just pre 1.2 and now both bm and colmui are tier 2 gear?

Tier 1...........Tier 2................Tier 3.............Tier 4

Tionese -> Columi -> ..........Rakata ->......Black Hole / Campaign

Recruit -> Battlemaster ->.. War Hero

Edited by DeltaEkotte

You can use Recruit as fresh 50 gear until you can replace it with Tionese and Columi. You can use Battlemaster gear to fill in slots without Columi or better. So Recruit -> Tionese -> Battlemaster -> Columi -> Rakata -> Campaign.

You can use Recruit as fresh 50 gear until you can replace it with Tionese and Columi. You can use Battlemaster gear to fill in slots without Columi or better. So Recruit -> Tionese -> Battlemaster -> Columi -> Rakata -> Campaign.

Thank you this is what I was looking for.

For SM raids you have a couple options:

- Shell out 300k for recruit gear that will be outclassed very quickly.

- Run HM FPs to get Tionese and Columi.

- Run dailies to obtain level 50 mods as rewards.

You can mix and match as well. Personally, I would do dailies to fill out my gear as much as possible, then run a few HM FPs to get a few Tionese/Columi which also helps give you experience in group settings, which is the most important part of raiding.

Ripped pre-1.2 BM mods and enhancement, the ones that didnt get the added expertise bonus on each slot, are IMO better than Columi. I customized and filled a Tionese/Columi set with champion/BM mods/enhancements pre-1.2 and parts of it are better for a dps than the standard Rakata items. When I used all the high End mods/enhancements I'd reach 20 500 HP on my Sorc. That setup was however not ideal for a dps so I've traded End for crit/surge/power and is now down to 19 200 on my Rakata but with force lightning ticks between 800-1600 and +600 as lowest (lowest rarely happens since I have macro'ed relics/recklessness/stims to cover most of my active time) Edited by MidichIorian