Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

One thing I'd like to see with companions (in general) is more interaction between them.

Something that is probably not doable, but would be very cool: Having cutscenes of your companions gossipping about your character (and her/his romance) that get randomly triggered when you board your ship. Or companions bonding over something they share (Like, for instance, Vette and Pierce bonding over their dislike of Quinn, Vector and Lokin being opera fans, etc.).

Lots and lots and lots of possibilities for hillarity! :D

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that is probably not doable, but would be very cool: Having cutscenes of your companions gossipping about your character (and her/his romance) that get randomly triggered when you board your ship. Or companions bonding over something they share (Like, for instance, Vette and Pierce bonding over their dislike of Quinn, Vector and Lokin being opera fans, etc.).

Yes. THIS.

Kaliyo being a *****y to some holonet friends.

"I could hear them all night! Who knew bug-boy had it in him?"

Give me some furniture items and chairs I can sit on and I'd move into my Agent ship. Fix the issue with Vector being dressed even while naked and we have a winner :D

Edited by Tatile

Its nice that somebody wants our suggestions about companion interactions. Of course its easy enough to say 'more', because really thats one of the most, if not THE most, fun parts of the game, interacting with the characters that you like. Thats sort of the whole point behind the SGR thing anyway, but just getting more conversations in general would be a plus. In addition to that, it would be nice to have more of those little 'random comments' you get when you click talk on the character you're with in the field, a wider range of those would be nice, perhaps one or two of those comments could depend on your light/dark attributes, like say you've got major light side points and you're talking to a light side teammate, her random comment might occasionally be a compliment about how 'good' you are, and of course if you're on the dark path her comment might be something more negative, about how she doesn't like the way you've been acting lately, and of course vice-versa if your teammate is a dark side teammate, stuff like that. Just little things like that would be really cool.

Another thing that might seem minor but would have a really big impact, would be if they could make the comments when you give your companion a 'courting' gift the same regardless of gender. I mean, if you're giving somebody a courting gift, you're courting them, you'd like a romantic reply, that's the entire point. Nobody would object to that, because nobody who dislikes the concept of SGRs is going to give a courting gift to a member of the same gender. Thats something they could do for current companions right now, it would be insanely easy to do, and it would go a mighty long way toward making you feel like you've got an actual relationship going, even without the romance conversations that we want to have and currently cannot. Of course it should always be mentioned, we want those gender checks removed ASAP so that we can have those romance conversations, the same as anybody else, but until that happens the ability to get an 'i love you' or whatever in response to a courting gift would be a REALLY REALLY nice step in the right direction. If I could only make one suggestion, that's what it would be, because that really would make it feel like they have SGRs in the game, and in a way they would be. Not that it would be a substitute for anything, but it would be a really great step in the right direction.

Well, I've been holding back on talking for a while (after one night that I spent nearly 3 hours reading a single days posts), but another thing I'd like is more romance options in general, for both OGR and SGR options. Maybe even a pair of bi companions (one of each gender) for each class, which would innately give two new romance options, and for those who don't want SGR they'd still have one new option. I've looked at the descriptions of the romanceable companions, and some of them I wouldn't want as a companion and they're frequently the only romance option for the char (big surprise, with most chars only getting one option), so just having more options in general would benefit most (if not all) players, not just us who want SGR.

And now we're waiting for more info to come. Ah, the waiting :rolleyes:.... I feel so sentimental. It's been so long since we've last been waiting for them to tell us stuff. :p

I think I'm done "waiting". Even if it's not, for practical reasons I'll take the recent news from Makeb as a "no".

Flirts with random NPCs while nice, aren't what I was expecting and hoping for. More than a year to get an extra planet that does not extend the classes' stories. If in order to make some of the current companions available for both genders there's voice recording involved, kinda makes sense they will bring everybody when they finally do extend the stories. How much waiting for this ? My guess is as good as anyone's and I personally won't bother making one.

I'll just play the characters I've been holding off, like my Trooper and my Agent. I preordered the expansion and we'll see what that brings as well. By the time this gets properly implemented, who knows what I'll be playing and I'll decide then what to do.

Maybe I'll be getting my BW game fix with Dragon Age 3. Or Dragon Age 4, lol.

I don't see why companions don't interact with each other.

This happened in KotOR I and 2 and is a stable of BioWare games.

I highly doubt this wasn't in their initial plan for the game. Seems a lack of resource issue (which boggles my mind considering the insane price tag attached to this game).

- Arcada

Wow, seriously, guys, that's a whole lot of great suggestions and I've got 140 characters to fit them all in. :rak_01:

No, seriously, I'm gonna try my best to drop a few suggestions here and there, maybe starting today. :cool:

I'm also digging out my old, unused tumblr, aiming to write down a few things about gaming, the female perspective, SGRs and such. It might come in handy later on.

So much stuff to do, so little time.... -.-*

So there is way to muchb to read are they going to give u the option to pick straight / gay, or bi ?

The option is already there and won't change - don't pick the flirt option if you don't want to flirt, whatever the gender of the NPC.

Just the same as you don't chose the other dialogue options you have no interest in. :cool:

I have an observation for you: a white straight male is annoyed that 1/2 the armor worn by his female characters makes them look like ****s.

- Arcada

If you were talking to me, noted. ;)

The option is already there and won't change - don't pick the flirt option if you don't want to flirt, whatever the gender of the NPC.

Just the same as you don't chose the other dialogue options you have no interest in. :cool:

I think he was serious. :p

So there is way to muchb to read are they going to give u the option to pick straight / gay, or bi ?

While it would be amusing to see this added as an option during character creation, I highly suspect they are simply going to make it possible for characters to flirt with the same NPCs regardless of the gender of their character.

The dialogue they recorded for the new NPCs probably avoids references to gender. Although maybe I'm wrong and there will be direct references to orientation. If there are, it is probably a good indication of what is in the pipeline re: future movements on this front.

- Arcada

I think he was serious. :p

I was. Seriously, some of us who play this aren't 16 (mentally and emotionally) and even if we are boring "mainstream hetero-normative types" have a more realistic appraisal of the opposite gender. And no I'm not aiming to dress my female characters as nuns either, I just don't like armour that makes these characters look ridiculous when the exact same set makes another menacing, or learned, or whatever I'm aiming if it is male.

Hard to make Jagrafess look menacing with armour that exposes half her body with butterfly wings.

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

I was. Seriously, some of us who play this aren't 16 (mentally and emotionally) and even if we are boring "mainstream hetero-normative types" have a more realistic appraisal of the opposite gender. And no I'm not aiming to dress my female characters as nuns either, I just don't like armour that makes these characters look ridiculous when the exact same set makes another menacing, or learned, or whatever I'm aiming if it is male.

Hard to make Jagrafess look menacing with armour that exposes half her body with butterfly wings.

- Arcada

Lent was referring to the toggles chap, but I know exactly what you mean. Still, SWTOR's better at the female armour than most MMO's - take Guild Wars 2, for instance. Only female character I have in that is a Guardian Charr.

Flip side, of course, I do want sexy slave gear for my male characters in SWTOR because of reasons.

Oh yeah. Czerka hot pants.

I don't see why companions don't interact with each other.

This happened in KotOR I and 2 and is a stable of BioWare games.

I highly doubt this wasn't in their initial plan for the game. Seems a lack of resource issue (which boggles my mind considering the insane price tag attached to this game).

- Arcada

Well....Mako and Torian can have a romance if you say to Mako that she should try...

Well....Mako and Torian can have a romance if you say to Mako that she should try...

Yeah, but Temple and Kaliyo getting angry drunk on my couch and yelling at my Agent for not using his amazing Cipher seduction powers on them would be funnier.

Lent was referring to the toggles chap, but I know exactly what you mean. Still, SWTOR's better at the female armour than most MMO's - take Guild Wars 2, for instance. Only female character I have in that is a Guardian Charr.

Flip side, of course, I do want sexy slave gear for my male characters in SWTOR because of reasons.

Oh yeah. Czerka hot pants.

I *cough* um, agree with said reasons. I can picture Quinn now:

“My lord, I … ah … hot pants?”

Captain Hot Pants.

Lieutenant Hot Pants.

Cipher Hot Pants.

Darth Hot Pants.

Yes, yes I think so :3

On a note about companion interaction, seeing Pierce pop in on LS Jaesa conversations was interesting - that should happen more often.

"Gosh, I sure hope no one's talking anything heretical in the medical bay!" *whistles*

So theres not going to.be an option of some sort any where to.stop your malr companionbfrom hitting on your male charecter......... Thats fricken stupid and there should always be.some sort of.option other than just completly dont play part of a game that some ppl pay lots of money to play

World [Flirt]s all the way.

Would also like to see NPCs flirting first, though I'm sure some people would go "OH MY GOD, they're forcing it on me!"

Just... more life. Companions moving around the ship, interacting with each other, sleeping, stealing my chairs etc.

This. With the fury of a thousand Sith Warriors. Darkside of course.

I mean Kaliyo makes some pretty blatant passes, but that's sort of her hat. I always found it funny that in games where optional romance exists you get entire forum threads of 'I wanna bang [X] right now!' and people can be as creepy as they like, but when the tables are turned and an NPC they don't like hints at attraction it's 'omg get it away!' C'mon guys, these gals n guys have (virtual) feelings too!

Flirt prompts are great, but I can say for sure even if my male PCs were interested in another bloke, or female to female, some of them wouldn't in-character voice it. A little interest from the other side first would be nice. Especially since the 'on my signal' safety of the current romances kinda makes it look like the PC's putting all the effort in.

.... I also want to see companion interaction. Although some of the anecdotes are kinda nice, let's see it firsthand hm?

So theres not going to.be an option of some sort any where to.stop your malr companionbfrom hitting on your male charecter......... Thats fricken stupid and there should always be.some sort of.option other than just completly dont play part of a game that some ppl pay lots of money to play

Um.

Have you romanced anyone in this game?

All of the companion romances have to be initiated by the player. Companions cannot initiate first. You have to make the first move, you have to decide if you want the romance.

See a [Flirt] option but don't like the target? Don't hit it.

Took me a while to decipher this post, but I think you're saying that you think male companions will hit on your male character. No, they aren't doing anything to your companions. If you mean a new NPC, there is no information indicating that male npcs will hit on your character at all.

Edited by chuixupu