Why No Social For PVP

MK-ULTRA

This sounds a whole like a "gimme, gimme, gimme, something for nothing thread! The least social aspect of this game is pvp….it is what it is.....:rolleyes:

Hey, if you really want "something for nothing," I think social rank should be legacy-wide. Because I'm equally sociable regardless of the character I'm playing. :p

Edited by Estelindis

"Repeating your argument over and over again without saying anything new, while criticizing pvpers for having tunnel vision, is not particularly helpful. It is ironic, however."

Ardrossan, when I read this I hear/see Colonel Tavington from The Patriot movie saying this.

Goreshaga you are trying to logicaly fit pvp to form it's self to your own opinion. If I had to guess I would assume you were mistreated on a regular basis in pvp instances and/or servers and gained a bitter taste in your mouth that anything positive could come from it.

Now, Player versus Player is not that different from Player versus Environment. You get in a group, and with your class skills and role, you set out to defeat a faceless enemy that you must overcome together. Whether the other side is human or A.I. is meaningless. For all you know they are bioware bots testing the queue.

As for this topic, the answer is simple. Social points are gained from mission rewards and dispensed from cutscenes, warzone are not missions.

Finaly, I support this topics request. I have met some of the best people I have known on this game in PvP and a couple of them are now my RL friends. I never understood why you couldnt a) add wz mates to your friend list, b) get social points on completion, c) choose you map activity or d) keep your self from being grouped with someone (while not keeping them from going against you)

Edited by Seterade

Hey, if you really want "something for nothing," I think social rank should be legacy-wide. Because I'm equally sociable regardless of the character I'm playing. :p

It should be. The reason BW probably hasn't made it legacy-wide is likely because they forgot social points even existed. It always brings a smile to my face to check some of these old threads where people were complaining about people wanting legacy datacrons, insta-level tokens and the like, and BW went ahead and did it ages ago. They thought they were on BW's side but they were just mealy-mouthed sycophants with an impaired sense of what entitlement actually is.

Yes, yes, ironic compared to certain people's opinions in other threads. I give.

Edited by Ardrossan

I’d be happy if they just made the same social gear available on a pvp vendor and you could purchase it based on your Valor rating.

I don’t think that’s too much to ask considering they removed all the Valor rated gear you could buy or they cloned it for CM and green/blue trash drops or crafted Armor.

Valor is basically a worthless stat these days.

Goreshaga you are trying to logicaly fit pvp to form it's self to your own opinion. If I had to guess I would assume you were mistreated on a regular basis in pvp instances and/or servers and gained a bitter taste in your mouth that anything positive could come from it.

I've never set foot on any PvP instance or server, because i don't want to be draged in a fight, while i'm just trying to mind my own buisness, and fighting other people is clearly not what i'd call fun.

As for PvP itself, the last and only time i actually went to a WZ was during the DvL event, where you had to PvP to get some of the rewards, but i guess at that time there were plenty of other players like me who don't PvP and were there just for the event, so there were pretty much no interaction with anyone.

At least, i never met anyone who was trully annoying or insulting to anyone, which in itself is a good thing.

That being said, i could not care less about social point being awarded only for cutscenes or added to PvP as well, but if we're asking for that, why not ask for social points to be granted for any kind of interaction between players ? Which would be any kind of group content, and simply chatting with other people, as i don't see how you're less "social' for simply talking with other players than you are for going through group content.

Maybe the best way to grant social points would be give X number of points for Y amount of time spent with other players, no matter if it's during a FP, an op, a WZ or hanging out on fleet or in a SH talking to someone else.

I don't have one opinion or the other on this, but when I saw "Why No Social For PVP" I thought to myself well okay, hi there, I'm here to murder you, and we'll both get social points! Murder is a form of socialization, yes!

“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!”

Maybe you're just getting too hung up on the word "social". Would there be an issue if they were called "flash" points instead? :)

What about social xp from missions class quests and heroics?

Don’t you see? Almost every time we group we get social Xp except for pvp.

Everyone is social 10 except for pvpers. I’m going to be legendary soon, played 1000’s of hours but for some reason every single one of my level 70 toons is social 1. Oops my bad my main is social 2.

Edited by MK-ULTRA

LMAO, it is the definition of social.

Well, I can't really agree with that. Although it's a group effort in theory - the general lack of coordination, people going for personal stats rather than a team effort, the much higher levels of toxicity and as a consequence the number of people who turn chat off in PvP - well, that doesn't sound like the "definition of social" to me. PvP is mostly associated with the term anti-social for me.

Edited by Tsillah

Well, I can't really agree with that. Although it's a group effort in theory - the general lack of coordination, people going for personal stats rather than a team effort, the much higher levels of toxicity and as a consequence the number of people who turn chat off in PvP - well, that doesn't sound like the "definition of social" to me. PvP is mostly associated with the term anti-social for me.

I don't think there's any basis to the claim of higher levels of toxicity in pvp versus any other group activity. Maybe in Ranked, but not the rest.

For the people who are against this: how much pvp do you play on a regular basis? Because your antipathy against it sounds a lot like 'little to none'. In that case, what would you know, and what do you care?

• 3 weeks later...