Alacrity on Sage PvP Gear?

MisterMuse

Anyone know the reasoning for the huge amount of Alacrity on the Force Master Battlemaster/War Hero peices. In PvP the only cast ability a Sage DPS really should have is the Telekinesis Throw ability. Beyond that finding a good piece with reasonable enhancement and price is impossible as nearly all Mystic pieces also have Alacrity. What I'm really wondering is if its reasonable to replace those pieces with PvE enhancement or if the PvP Stat is to vital.

For PvE, lose alacrity and pump WP > Pwr > Surge > Crit

For PvP, pump WP > Alacrity.

Really?

I've currently got a single cast ability in my PvP rotation which is Telekinetic Throw which I also have a possibility to proc to reduce cast time by 50%. I've already hit the softcap of willpower so its really between power and surge I would have thought. Am I wrong in thinking the constant extra damage is better than the 8% reduced cast time on a single spell?

Really?

I've currently got a single cast ability in my PvP rotation which is Telekinetic Throw which I also have a possibility to proc to reduce cast time by 50%. I've already hit the softcap of willpower so its really between power and surge I would have thought. Am I wrong in thinking the constant extra damage is better than the 8% reduced cast time on a single spell?

It of course depends on your rotation. If you're not using cast or channeled abilities at all, then go power.

On another note I wouldn't necessarily stop stacking a stat just because I hit the soft cap.

Edited by Ycoga