Soloing flashpoints or 'Holy stack of credits batman!'

I solood a few flashpoints which I still needed to do tonight. Here's a quick overview of what a single, 45ish minute, run of Boarding Party (level 33) yielded me as a level 41 Operative: (it can be done faster when you don't care about the bonus quests and just go for chests and bosses, but even with completing the quest and bonus objectives I save time by sneaking past a lot of the trash).

• 8 non-boss chests (one with very good drops)
  • all bosses
  • random quest objective mob drops
  • completion

Yielded:

• around 50k in credits
  • 3k in greens
  • 4 bop oranges (to kit out my companions with or just sell for even more cash)
  • 2 boe blues for the AH
  • 1 purple crafting mission
  • a nice stack of Taris commendations (a few runs for a purple chest at the vendor)
  • still a nice chunk of xp for completing the missions (not sure if I will out-level that though)
  • 100 alignment points

i.e. To say it was worth my while is kind of an understatement :) At least compared to normal questing or selling armstech crafted gear, which I normally do to make some cash.

But I do think it's kind of unbalanced and that's why I am putting it out here. I had fun doing the runs though but it feels a lot like farming seeing how little risk or effort is involved and locks you in a solo area, rather than doing stuff with other people. I also think this could hurt the economy depending on whether you can run it indefinitely or not. (I'm a bit of a flashpoint noob). If so, I can imagine people doing speed runs of maybe 20 minutes continuously.

Unbalanced or not? Your thoughts?

Its unbalanced that you can solo an instance only 9 or so levels below you. But as I understand it you can only do an individual flashpoint 1 per day. So its not something you can farm over and over again but if you have multiple instances that you can do like this then it would become a bigger issue.

Its unbalanced that you can solo an instance only 9 or so levels below you. But as I understand it you can only do an individual flashpoint 1 per day. So its not something you can farm over and over again but if you have multiple instances that you can do like this then it would become a bigger issue.

oh you can farm not Hardmode flashpoints all day long, I did so on my operative from 10-14 doing nothing but BT groups

Credits are useless anyway, no? At least once you get your lvl 50 mount.

I kinda like the current system as it will allow me to farm customizable gear that will look good for my companions and maybe even myself. Will still have to get good mods elsewhere obviously.

Credits are useless anyway, no? At least once you get your lvl 50 mount.

I kinda like the current system as it will allow me to farm customizable gear that will look good for my companions and maybe even myself. Will still have to get good mods elsewhere obviously.

Eh there's good and bad that becomes of it. Right now the markets are kind of steering themselves for the most part so credits seem nearly useless (since a person selling something way more than it's worth is getting less buyers ). That could change though when you get more and more people doing this. It's something to watch carefully, mounts work as deviation pretty well but there's no telling how long that'll stay in affect.

You can farm them all day long, you just won't get the completion reward (terrible XP); at least that's my understanding from experience/reading the quest log.

I solood a few flashpoints which I still needed to do tonight. Here's a quick overview of what a single, 45ish minute, run of Boarding Party (level 33) yielded me as a level 41 Operative: (it can be done faster when you don't care about the bonus quests and just go for chests and bosses, but even with completing the quest and bonus objectives I save time by sneaking past a lot of the trash).

• 8 non-boss chests (one with very good drops)
  • all bosses
  • random quest objective mob drops
  • completion

Yielded:

• around 50k in credits
  • 3k in greens
  • 4 bop oranges (to kit out my companions with or just sell for even more cash)
  • 2 boe blues for the AH
  • 1 purple crafting mission
  • a nice stack of Taris commendations (a few runs for a purple chest at the vendor)
  • still a nice chunk of xp for completing the missions (not sure if I will out-level that though)
  • 100 alignment points

i.e. To say it was worth my while is kind of an understatement :) At least compared to normal questing or selling armstech crafted gear, which I normally do to make some cash.

But I do think it's kind of unbalanced and that's why I am putting it out here. I had fun doing the runs though but it feels a lot like farming seeing how little risk or effort is involved and locks you in a solo area, rather than doing stuff with other people. I also think this could hurt the economy depending on whether you can run it indefinitely or not. (I'm a bit of a flashpoint noob). If so, I can imagine people doing speed runs of maybe 20 minutes continuously.

Unbalanced or not? Your thoughts?

This sounds fine.

50k credits an hour is good but not fantastic. Questing/grinding at 50 I made 250,000 credits in 3 hours last night.

Its also something you as an operative can do, but perhaps not all classes. Given there are like 2 operatives with half a brain on any server its not a big deal.

At 50 questing > farming lvl 40 FPs for credits.

FPs have the advantage of getting you commendations for purple boxes for alts.

Decide what you want :p

or mods for alts :D I fully intend to FP grind lower level ones when I finally hit 50 on my sorcerer, so I can buy mods for my alts, or the epic boxes

This sounds fine.

50k credits an hour is good but not fantastic. Questing/grinding at 50 I made 250,000 credits in 3 hours last night.

Its also something you as an operative can do, but perhaps not all classes. Given there are like 2 operatives with half a brain on any server its not a big deal.

It is a tad more than that though, If you can do 3 speed runs an hour and sell everything.

Those 50k credits were the pure cash part of the bounty. If I'd sell everything to a vendor, add maybe 20k more x 3 = 210k an hour potentially + commendations. At level 41.

And I am not sure how other fp's compare to that. Might be there are even better ones.

But yeah, I don't know how much you'll make at 50.

I think it's a tad too easy though; being able to solo a fp 8 levels below you without much of a hassle. Also because of this passive:

"Energy Screen

Dodging or resisting an attack restores 1 energy. In addition, Cloaking Screen no longer reduces healing dealt and received."

Group fights 8 levels below me are complete dodge-fests; it translates in a continuous stream of energy making the fights even easier.

Anyway; if credits are only a concern until you kitted yourself out with everything at 50 it might be not much of a problem. Swtor seems a bit less hampered by the importance of your ingame bankroll compared to say, WOW.

But it is imbalanced compared to other means of income at my level.