Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

Thanks, Eric. I'm a little concerned about how this latest patch will interact with whatever we have on our harddrives. Some of us have one version and I guess some another. I am hoping that the next one will simply negate BOTH versions and replace the files with whatever you guys are testing now, yes?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright folks, I have some updates for you.

Initial testing of the fix is looking very promising. The strange issues that you saw (such as missing components on the interface) are not present and everything appears to be working as it should once again. This is not a guarantee as we haven't checked everything, but it is a great start.

With that in mind, we have begun the process of taking the fixed patch and moving it to the live servers. This process will take around 2 hours. Then, we need to verify that everything remained stable and is still working as intended.

Assuming everything goes well, we are hopeful that the servers will be live again in around 3 hours from now. I will pass on updated information as soon as I have it. Thank you everyone for your patience today.

-eric

"we're 12 hours behind doing our job, it's gonna take us another 5 to know if we've done it yet"

Initial testing of the fix is looking very promising. The strange issues that you saw (such as missing components on the interface) are not present and everything appears to be working as it should once again. This is not a guarantee as we haven't checked everything, but it is a great start.

With that in mind, we have begun the process of taking the fixed patch and moving it to the live servers. This process will take around 2 hours. Then, we need to verify that everything remained stable and is still working as intended.

Assuming everything goes well, we are hopeful that the servers will be live again in around 3 hours from now. I will pass on updated information as soon as I have it. Thank you everyone for your patience today.

-eric

Three hours? Nooo... so that was the entire European prime time gone T-T ah well, it must be even worse for you guys and gals over there so I shouldn't complain. I wish you a lot of goodluck and hope things will work out well for you!

P.s. as compensation... make the Bright Yellow Eyes option available for Twi'lek too! :D

-eric

Splendid. Well, good luck with that. For us in the EU, the day is done with that, I would say. Fair enough.

Still doesn't piss me off as much as the codes, though. That is the part that actually makes me want to quit.

It is mob mentality and I am not a fan of it. I prefer thinking things through, considering the facts and going from there before hefting my pitchfork and foaming.

I'm called "auslander" (foreigner) which tickles me since it sounds so close to outlander.

Exactly. If I am going to crucify someone, I want to be sure I have the right person. I don't know how the news works in Germany, but in the States whenever someone is accused of a crime the media jumps all over them...guilty until proven innocent (and sometimes still treated as guilty). Same when I was in the Navy. I didn't just hand out negative counseling sheets to people. I wanted to be sure I had the right person before doing something that could hurt their career. I'll gladly riot and storm the castle, but only once I have the information I need to be sure it is the right thing to do and that I am at the right place.

if you are in Europe the patch will go live in the middle of the night on friday :D:D:D:D

Yup. But since it's 2330 and I've got to be up at 0500 I guess I'll need to stagger to my 'puter and start DLing the patch. Fingers crossed that it's there when I get up.

-eric

Thank you very much Eric. At least we know when we can log back on. I gotta get stuff done but looking forward to logging in at 5PM. Hopefully everything goes as planned. :)

-eric

Eric, we really upset... What happen? Impossible to do test in test server without load not finalized update? No guarantee... OMG...

While I can't do anything to fix stuff if it's wrong - giving folks a sense of how catastrophic the errors are might make them a bit more understanding of the wait to get things fixed.

It's like being at a car dealership and getting your car fixed -- if something unexpected pops up in a repair, they give a heads up. It doesn't make things go faster, but the wait is put into perspective.

Customer service is about perspective.

Three hours ago we were told two, and now we are told it will be three. That's a massive, four hour extension.

Oh, components aren't showing up on the HUD -- ah, yeah, this isn't just fixing some little part of the game that I'm not going to mess with, it's a major thing. Okay - go fix it.

-eric

Well, I won't be able to play because I'll be sleeping then (it 20 to midnight here), but at least it sounds as though everything will be back in place tomorrow.

I don't know what makes me more sad: The situation per se or the fact that Eric had to apologise for handing out a few free code-goodies. How toxic can you guys be... :mad:

No but it sickens me a bit, the guy tries to show us goodwill and gives us free stuff, I repeat, he gives us free stuf... and you people all react negatively on it? I'm sorry to say but it does sound a tad spoiled... were you expecting a hypercrate for everyone?

-eric

Well you have a lovely afternoon and evening. Hope it all goes well. :rak_05:

why does almost every one want the 450cc i just want the taun fawn XD

i'm trying since 2012 to get that little thing :eek: still no luck

when the codes came up i was so happy until none worked ones again to slow :( maybe more luck next time:rolleyes:

So, why don't collect the data you need from the "nests" of Tauntaun babies? Or why do you not buy the pet off of the vendor? I have not played since 2012 but have got a ride from the "nests" already :D

Exactly. If I am going to crucify someone, I want to be sure I have the right person. I don't know how the news works in Germany, but in the States whenever someone is accused of a crime the media jumps all over them...guilty until proven innocent (and sometimes still treated as guilty). Same when I was in the Navy. I didn't just hand out negative counseling sheets to people. I wanted to be sure I had the right person before doing something that could hurt their career. I'll gladly riot and storm the castle, but only once I have the information I need to be sure it is the right thing to do and that I am at the right place.

Yup. Here the media isn't quite as...err...enthusiastic and there is a bit more privacy extended to the accused but people is people. :)

I bet the folks at BW are wishing they'd just left that CXP alone right about now. Heh