My jugg tank stats. Any advice?

sithgreyguard

My guild is starting to run hm ec soon and i am wondering how are my stats. also if any have any advice. ty.

also does it matter where i place augments, or does it all add to the total no matter where you add them?

sith warrior juggernaut

immortal spec

my gear is a mix of rakata and blackhole. 13 slots augmented. didnt aug lightsaber due to it still being the columi one.

Health - 22070

Armor rating - 7800

Damage Reduction - 47.94%

Defense Chance - 24.85%

Shield Chance - 45.35%

Shield absorption - 48.16%

Strength - 1567

Endurance - 1957

Melee Accuracy - 95.34%

Edited by sithgreyguard

My guild is starting to run hm ec soon and i am wondering how are my stats. also if any have any advice. ty.

also does it matter where i place augments, or does it all add to the total no matter where you add them?

sith warrior juggernaut

immortal spec

my gear is a mix of rakata and blackhole. 13 slots augmented. didnt aug lightsaber due to it still being the columi one.

Health - 22070

Armor rating - 7800

Defense Chance - 24.85%

Shield Chance - 45.35%

Shield absorption - 48.16%

Strength - 1567

Endurance - 1957

Melee Accuracy - 95.34%

I'm assuming that your hp is the non - buffed stimmed version which would be enough if that's the case.

Also from the melee accuracy I was assuming that you are using the accuracy talents in Vigilance tree but you specified beforehand that you are defense spec, which gives indication that you have accuracy mods, which are really unnecessary, at no point would you be in a position desperate to use that accuracy edge to make you generate enough threat. Smart usage of taunt and sufficent dps rotation will keep threat on you with no issues. Invest on your shield chance to get it close to 50%, if you can afford one more abs mod / enh do so otherwise it's fine where it is. In the future as you progress to 63's get around 5% more defense.

edited 2.9.13. thanks all .

unbuffed

Health - 22463

Armor rating - 7800

Defense Chance - 27.05%

Shield Chance - 49.66%

Shield absorption - 50.48%

Strength - 1529

Endurance - 1974

Melee Accuracy - 93.04%

Edited by sithgreyguard

As the poster above stated, 0 accuracy rating (90% or 91% with legacy bonus) is ideal for tanks.

As far as mitigation stats go, your shield and absorb look good for the gear you are currently using. You might want to gather some more defense rating to get you to ~28% defense chance (with stim).

What relics are you currently using? You might consider picking up two of the pvp defense relics.

Edited by axmarcusxa

I know there will be people who says 'HP doesn't matter', but your healer will have a much easier job if you have 24k hp stimmed, especially for Kephess and Stormcaller. You should be able to get 24k by changing your relic (Matrix cube is kinda bad), and swapping out your acc enhancements. (go for the end with shield/abs ).

Accuracy in itself is not bad, but shield is better.

• 3 weeks later...
for relics i use the dreadguard absorb relic and matrix one.

Swap your relics out.

Without starting a whole "which relic is better thing" (there is an entire thread devoted to this) I would say do a day of PvP and get 2 WH defense relics

Your stats and especially HP will improve with gear of course. Below is a link to my Jugg tank as he sits at the moment. I have tanked through HM TFB with no issues and have been very close in relation to our PT tank as far as damage taken. Our PT is in mostly 63's (Dread Guard Gear) as well. The very first time I tanked HM TFB I was at 26K exactly and 28% Def, and 50% on shield and absorb. When I got the DG gloves, I traded some absorb for defense as you see in my profile. From what I can see in damage taken, I sit a little better now with 30% and I gained almost 700 HP.

The one thing I will say is that getting your Jugg tank set optimized is a lot harder than some of the other gear sets for different classes. I had to buy a lot of different pieces and move stuff around. Anyway, here is my profile for reference.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b1f62bb5-75cd-4680-b8c5-6f902a3d6084

Edited by BlownSi

Defence is king for guardians. It´s absurd how much better defence is that other mitigation stats. Since you cant swap shieldrating for any other defensive stat you will end up with 50 % shield or thereabout wich is actually a bit more than optimal.

Absorb is kinda bad too compared to defence. Ofc when defence start hitting DR realy hard absorb gets better. Still, since you have no talets that improve absorb. and only 4% talent that improve shieldchance, and if your hybrid you dont even get that, i´d say you should probably have twice the defencerating as absorb. Ex. 800defence/400absorb. There´s a thread somewhere in tanking forum with the statweights for all tank classes