No reward for a loss?

phanboy

Yep, pre-1.2 if I joined an already in progress losing match I'd jump in and fight as best I could knowing I'd get rewarded for at least sticking it out. But not any more. Tonight I joined a match for Civil War and my team was losing with only about 190 ship health left. I played, I fought as best I could but got 0's across the board for exp, comms, etc. No idea what they were thinking, no penalty for leaving and no reward for sticking it out...

I read the noise on the forums before I had a chance to experience it myself. The first couple WZ's we won, I got 8-11 medals ~3k valor, and 5-6k creds. Then I lost the next one, 6v8 match, got 9 medals, 2k valor, and 0 (yes, exactly zero) creds. I was thoroughly stunned, i worked my ***** off to get the medals and to be handed no creds for time and effort seems a little more than harsh. I understand a reduction for "losers" because they didn't earn gold, but even second place deserves SOME silver.

Before this game I was a casual pvper, but I've really enjoyed it and have worked hard at learning my class and becoming a decent pvper. It's going to be hard to go back to spawn timers and stand-still targets again, but i guess that is what BW wants us to do =(

A lot of good stuff came with 1.2 but I don't see much love for the pvper...

Just my 2 creds to add with everyone else...oh wait...I can't afford it.

Already boycotting pvp. I have so many other things to do that are worth my time. If topping the healing charts (for both sides), getting 3 commendations because I'm a healer (healing is my job, not dps), and being Republic on a lopsided server means I only get 15 commendations, I'm done pvping until this gets fixed.

Already boycotting pvp. I have so many other things to do that are worth my time. If topping the healing charts (for both sides), getting 3 commendations because I'm a healer (healing is my job, not dps), and being Republic on a lopsided server means I only get 15 commendations, I'm done pvping until this gets fixed.

I have the same problem. I can actually get 50 comms a civil war. Just go stand by the 1 turret you cap and heal yourself the whole match. Ironic that the only way to get something from losing is to tank your team??

gg BW