One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

The idea of an MMO is that you get something for your $15 a month.. We really have not gotten anything of note in a year, just broken promises and bugs.

To then make us pay $10 for something that should have been released for our monthly sub?

Apparently you missed the 2 new operations, 2 new WZs, legacy upgrades, social item updates, Lost Island, social events...etc..

But yeah, our $15 went nowhere. :rolleyes:

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

Sounds awesome! I can't wait.

implying the expansion is alot of money

cost me £6 thats 1 hour at work gg

I've been subbed to this game for 12 months and i've never had an issue with the game except for the amount of whiny children i have to put up with, but im used to that as wow has kids like that complaining about nerfs 24/7.

If anyone has a problem with £5.99/$9.99 you might as well unsub now and pay full wack later if your so angry about something that hasn't been released.

interesting philosophy. helped 1.5 million unsub, so guess ur on to something, looks like the theory is, "let's see how many we can get to unsub".

I can tell you why you didn't hear any whining about that. Because what you are saying is not even close to be true. An average TOR planet is something like 1-1.5 of an average WoW zone of any expansion. BC had 7 such zones, WotLK had 8.

Next time, get your facts straight before posting please.

You as well, since Allisson was talking about a planet sized like one of the BIGGER planets in TOR, not like the "avarage" planet.

So think Taris, Tatooine, Belsavis, don't think Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa or Dromund Kaas.

Basically, planets each stretching SEVERAL zones from WoW expansions. Or, sized about a quarter to a third the size of Outland. For 8-20 bucks (depending whether you pre-order or not). Especially the pre-order price is pretty much a bargain, while the "normal" price is rather comparable given the size.

Guys, the price of makeb is fine, really.

It's going to be 5 - 10 hours of new content, new heroics and dailies, and likely new HMs and OPs when it launches.

Yes, MOP and Cataclism are bigger - but they also cost 4x the price.

Remember, Makeb costs the same as a double whopper with cheese meal.

Lotro did a one zone expansion with 5 level increase only and several other 1 zone expansions, swg did 2 one planet expansions, everquest have done several 1 zone expansions, age of conan has done a 1 zone expansion.

This. On top of THIS, this 'expansion' is only $10, not $30-$40 like some.

You as well, since Allisson was talking about a planet sized like one of the BIGGER planets in TOR, not like the "avarage" planet.

So think Taris, Tatooine, Belsavis, don't think Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa or Dromund Kaas.

Basically, planets each stretching SEVERAL zones from WoW expansions. Or, sized about a quarter to a third the size of Outland. For 8-20 bucks (depending whether you pre-order or not). Especially the pre-order price is pretty much a bargain, while the "normal" price is rather comparable given the size.

So you admit to exaggerating, hmm ok. You also forget to mention:-

• New starting zones x 2
  • New classes x 2
  • New profession
  • More than 10 FP's
  • An Op

If a quarter of that above was also included then you have a case however selective usage of facts seems to be used on all sides eh.

From Allyson's explanation I think that we will probably have enough content for 3-4 levels and the rest will be grinding dailies or other ways of earning xp, I may be wrong however.

Edited by mothear

a planet of equal size to our larger planets

new Heroic missions and bosses

repeatable mission series

Datacrons!

The 5 new levels

You are describing a content patch.

Nothing told so far even suggests there would be some apparent valid reason to increase lvl cap whatsoever. With one highly significant exception; increasing lvl cap forces people who have any interest in dealing with a lvl cap content to buy this..this " expansion:D" Based on all that has been said and done so far, this is only reason why cap is increased. Otherwise people might simply skip this.

No mention of Flashpoints or new Ops.

No mention of a single new game feature or tweak.

I have no issue paying for expansions in addition to having to pay a sub fee. Out of non dysfunctional MMOs, only Eve Online has approach more fair to consumers.

I have huge issue with EA forcing me to buy seeminhly irrelevant, unnecessary additional planet by bringing completely artifical, ill justified lvl cap increase with it.

New expansion. Lvl cap increase.

NO mention of new lvl cap content.

ROFLMAO.

Edited by Stradlin

reading threw this is a laugh.... not really any details released... no one has any facts.... and comparing this to WoW and other MMOs and their "expansions" Trolling hard core maybe? I think the people that compare SWtor to WoW needs to have their panda's choked with the force and they can go suck on a Mt. Dew. Please get the facts of what will be released for this one small price of 9.99..... O.o

You are describing a content patch.

Nothing told so far even suggests there would be some apparent valid reason to increase lvl cap whatsoever. With one highly significant exception; increasing lvl cap forces people who have any interest in dealing with a lvl cap content to buy this..this " expansion:D" Based on all that has been said and done so far, this is only reason why cap is increased. Otherwise people might simply skip this.

No mention of Flashpoints or new Ops.

No mention of a single new game feature or tweak.

You do realize that it was just announced, and more info is likely on the way over the next few months. You expect them to announce everything they have planned the same day it's announced?

I have no issue paying for expansions in addition to having to pay a sub fee. Out of non dysfunctional MMOs, only Eve Online has approach more fair to consumers.

I have huge issue with EA forcing me to buy seeminhly irrelevant, unnecessary additional planet by bringing completely artifical, ill justified lvl cap increase with it.

New expansion. Lvl cap increase.

NO mention of new lvl cap content.

ROFLMAO.

So by your logic MoP is a content patch and not a expansion right?

It had a whole new zone to explore, 5 new levels. kinda just like SWTOR....

we might very well be getting a new WZ, OP, even a new race. simple fact is we don't know yet, a sadder fact is they could give us 10 levels, 2 new races, 2 new classes with stories, and people would still be whining on these boards that what they see isnt good enough.

Give time for more information to come to us before hitting the boards with meaningless speculation,

. Please get the facts of what will be released for this one small price of 9.99..... O.o

I can tell you that now. For $9.99 people are getting the content that was going to be free to subs only a few months ago :D

Edited by Cordelia

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.

It's not an expansion, it's a DLC. They're not even close to being the same thing.

It's not an expansion, it's a DLC. They're not even close to being the same thing.

Exactly this. We used to call them Adventure Packs back in the old EQ and EQ2 (before it was F2P) days. 10 bucks and you basically got a small zone with a dungeon. Some nice gear that was relevant yet only obtainable in the zone / dungeon and some other silly vanity stuff. They usually kept you busy for a month or two, untill either the next one or the next expansion came out. The nice thing was they wern't mandatory to have. This Adventure Pack is. By increasing the level by 5 they are making a requirement for you to buy an Adventure Pack.

Now granted we are most likely (read hopfully at least) going to get playable Cathars; but unless this planet is as big as Hoth, Voss and Corellia combined, and the amount of exp required to get from 50 to 55 is the same amount that is required to get from 20 - 50 I see people burning throught this in a few days.

Please EA call this what it is. You want to make an actual expansion you're going to need to add a bit more than has been mentnioned and/or previously promised.