Why Is It Okay To Queue For Warzones, But Not Flashpoints?

I see this is a very... confusing double standard

If you want people to have to use chat channels/guilds/friends, etc; to find groups, then how come we can just click a couple times, and get queued up for a Warzone, with no human interaction whatsoever?

Wouldn't it make more sense to either implement a group finder that works similar to the Warzone queueing system; or to make us get a Raid through chat, and march over to Alderaan/Voidstar/whatever planet Huttball is on?

I see this is a very... confusing double standard

If you want people to have to use chat channels/guilds/friends, etc; to find groups, then how come we can just click a couple times, and get queued up for a Warzone, with no human interaction whatsoever?

Wouldn't it make more sense to either implement a group finder that works similar to the Warzone queueing system; or to make us get a Raid through chat, and march over to Alderaan/Voidstar/whatever planet Huttball is on?

Hell no to this.

A flashpoint is an extended period of time where I'm going to be interacting with other people and I'm stuck with them for the full duration of that event. I for damn sure don't want a bunch of idiots tossed together randomly without having even said a single word to each other first. It reduced WoW dungeons to just watching a bunch of DPSers running forward as fast as they can and bashing their head against a wall until finally it gave way. When they tried to put even the tiniest thing bearing a faint resemblance to challenge into the game, people screamed bloody murder because they had gotten used to just running forward pressing 1 or 2 buttons.

No thanks.

Warzones are not level specific, ergo it would be very inconvenient to travel to wherever you enter them to form a group. For most flashpoints, asking in general chat on a level appropriate planet can get you a group.

Also, WoW's dungeon finder is a nightmare of abuse and terrible players, DO NOT WANT IN SWTOR.

Hell no to this.

A flashpoint is an extended period of time where I'm going to be interacting with other people and I'm stuck with them for the full duration of that event. I for damn sure don't want a bunch of idiots tossed together randomly without having even said a single word to each other first. It reduced WoW dungeons to just watching a bunch of DPSers running forward as fast as they can and bashing their head against a wall until finally it gave way. When they tried to put even the tiniest thing bearing a faint resemblance to challenge into the game, people screamed bloody murder because they had gotten used to just running forward pressing 1 or 2 buttons.

No thanks.

You know that you wouldn't be forced to use it, right?

I would be spared completely the cesspool that is /general if we had a LFG tool.

A looking for group tool would mean:

I don't have to read guildspam

I don't have to read goldseller spam

I don't get tempted to tell trolls to go away

I could actually find groups for Flashpoints.

Please BW give us LFG

Edited by Beatmiser

I would be spared completely the cesspool that is /general if we had a LFG tool.

A looking for group tool would mean:

I don't have to read guildspam

I don't have to read goldseller spam

I don't get tempted to tell trolls to go away

I could actually find groups for Flashpoints.

Please BW give us LFG

But but but, that's "community!" :rolleyes:

Hell no to this.

No thanks.

That sounds like its entirely the fault of the anti-social players you hung out with.

An LFG tool would be useful and I'm glad they plan on implementing one eventually. Its an MMO, the only things that can ruin the "sense of community" is the community itself....not a friggin tool.

LFG tool would be nice because as for now it is hell hard to get a tank at all just by yelling on channels + I would be happy to do quest instead of sitting on my *** near flashpoints entrance waiting for completing party. Edited by Kharak

Also, WoW's dungeon finder is a nightmare of abuse and terrible players, DO NOT WANT IN SWTOR.

I don't understand the logic behind this useless argument. Everybody who has this argument makes it seem like you don't find baddies in General chat trying to form your group.

Baddies will come regardless of which method of random group assembly you use. Your only guarantee for a non-bad group is ti form up with a group of friends, and if that is what you're doing, you don't care about LFG or General chat either way.

I don't understand the logic behind this useless argument. Everybody who has this argument makes it seem like you don't find baddies in General chat trying to form your group.

Baddies will come regardless of which method of random group assembly you use. Your only guarantee for a non-bad group is ti form up with a group of friends, and if that is what you're doing, you don't care about LFG or General chat either way.

Plus, it ignores that the vast majority of groups that form using WoW's LFD tool complete the dungeon successfully without issues.

There are 14 people using the lfg tool right now on the republic side of my server. Ive spent about 7 hours today and grouped up for one run of Cademimu. I mean this is pathetic.

Meanwhile how many warzones could i have done if that had been my lean.

/bump

right on OP

People need to stop crying about running pugs with a quest finder. Don't use it then. simple

I m tired of yelling in general chat to run flashpoints or Heroics.

DDO used a lfg app and it worked perfectly. And if leroy Jenkins wanted to join, we didnt let him.

/bump

right on OP

People need to stop crying about running pugs with a quest finder. Don't use it then. simple

I m tired of yelling in general chat to run flashpoints or Heroics.

DDO used a lfg app and it worked perfectly. And if leroy Jenkins wanted to join, we didnt let him.

LEEEROOOOOY JENKINSSSSS!!!

Oh dear *ahem* sorry bout that. But yes this ^ What Flovius said. DDO simply had a tab, you clicked on it, you picked oyur quest the lvl range and classes you wanted and put up a lfg. people then clicked on your lfg and from there, you could talk to them, accept them or make them go away, very easy, very efficient. I for one am all for something like that.