View Single Post

AlCiao
02.06.2019 , 08:53 AM | #145
KevMeup, I have referred to your guide several times over the past year or two, and I must thank you immensely for it, especially since you keep it up to date! I came back looking for how Paxton Rall stacked up, and you did not disappoint

I do have some questions though please, if you'll pardon my ignorance.

1. I know that two-weapon comps get a bonus to their damage...is the same true for staff-users like Xalek and Hexid?

2. Does the bonus for wielding two weapons (or for wielding a saberstaff, if there is in fact such a bonus) apply to healing effectiveness too?

3. Does the same bonus to damage apply even when in tank or heal mode? (That is, is there that same bonus to their damaging attacks even while in tank or heal stance?)

4. For questions #2 and #3, I have the same questions about the bonus to damage that melee comps get over ranged comps.

5. Given that the two-weapon melee comps parse more dps than the two-weapon ranged comps, why do you usually recommend a ranged comp (for dps) instead? I'm guessing that it's a combination of the long-range factor and the 5-second stun factor. Is that right, or is there something else?

6. For ranged tanks, why are taunts more effective at range, do you know?

7. Do we have any idea yet how Paxton Rall stacks up damage-wise to other companions, at influence level 50? I know he's a single-weapon user, but since there are sometimes non-standard effects on comps (like Shae, lol), I'm wondering if he's about normal dps for a single-weapon ranged user, or less, or more, when it comes to dps stance.

8. Speaking of single-weapon users, holy cow, your Kaliyo heal parse in story mode Star Fortress is amazing. Given that she's a single-weapon user, do you know why she's so effective at healing?

9. Why do you recommend Master Ranos specifically as best tank companion for leveling?

10. Your 2 million heal parse for Paxton Rall lists 292 dps(!) compared to 33 and 14 for Temple and the droid. Is that a typo or correct? :O I'm assuming it's correct; do you know how he's able to get such high dps even while in heal mode? EDIT: I just realized his Life Jolt thing does damage, d'oh; I presume that's why!

11. It's a shame that HK-51 is so bad at dps and tanking now! Is he any good at heals? I know he wouldn't be anywhere near top heals, it's just I like him and thus like using him sometimes, lol.

Thanks for all your time and dedication to this guide
Strangefate Legacy on Star Forge (previously Jedi Covenant)
<Imperial Entanglements>