Surface Details

TaitWatson

I really love these kind of articles; even though there has been radiosilence lately, I'm glad that we get this piece of quality writing.

Although, I must admit that it'd be nice with more articles like this.

+1 for good writing.

So old humans , some of which start to lose their head fur , I'm wondering how this occurs ? Do they not need the warmth of their fur anymore upon aging ? Still with no head fur they should look a little less ugly.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I guess first I'm curious, for those who played the Manaan FP on the PTS, is this information quickly available via the Manaan FP or is it extending past it?

So Colonel Darok requested two passes for additional clearance. Is the second person Theran Shan?

"Yes, he entered a request for two permits to allow deep subsurface travel, starting tomorrow."

I presume the woman is Lana Beniko. The second person would then be Darth Arkous.

Varko paused when he saw the record for the second person. “The second permit is for someone else entirely, however.”

So Colonel Darok requested two passes for additional clearance. Is the second person Theran Shan?

"Yes, he entered a request for two permits to allow deep subsurface travel, starting tomorrow."

I presume the woman is Lana Beniko. The second person would then be Darth Arkous.

Varko paused when he saw the record for the second person. “The second permit is for someone else entirely, however.”

In the first scene, that is Theran Shan (with short spiky hair and his small cybernetic implants) talking to Varko under an alias.

The second woman is Lana Beniko: mentions that she has a lot of hair and pale skin.

The two people that got the special permits are Darth Arkous and Colonel Darok. Varko shows both of these to Lana easily under a Jedi Mind Trick, while Theran only got to see Colonel Darok and could have gotten a glimpse of Darth Arkous (Varko could have not covered up the screen that well.)

I guess first I'm curious, for those who played the Manaan FP on the PTS, is this information quickly available via the Manaan FP or is it extending past it?

I can't comment on the FP on PTS (I haven't done it on purpose because I want it to be kind of new when I first play it on live, heh), but I think

that Master Fith is Theran Shan, simply because the physical description (spiky hair, cybernetics, lots of smiles), his 'job' (sounds like a text-book SIS cover story, giving him access to planets and not worthy of much attention from anyone), and his demeanor (friendly, nonchalant). I'm thinking Darok got the two permits for himself and Arkous.

And I'm loving Lana's bit in the story; sounds very fitting for her, imo. I'm really looking forward to 2.9, and wish is was Tuesday already!

Ooooh story. Great writing (love the pov). More snippets like this, please :)

About "Master Fith" btw:

If one couldn't guess that was Theron by the physical description alone it was also revealed by the name "Tev Fith". One of the primary characters in Annihilation is a certain Twi'lek named "Teff'ith"...