What is the most useful Star Wars quote ever?

Aaryan-Blitz

Even though this isn't a great lline in the contex of the movie it was in, i always enjoy dropping an "only a sith deals in absolutes!" on someone im having a debate with.

I love that line, especially because it's an absolute.

"Only Sith deal in absolutes." -- Obi-wan

The above statement is an absolute.

Ergo... Obi-wan is Sith.

My favorite line: "Sorry about the mess."

" The ability to speak does not make one intelligent" - Qui Go Jin

" Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me? " - Obiwan to Anakin

" Easy... official Jedi business. Go back to your drinks. " - Anaking and Obiwan searching for the BH in a Cantina in Coruscant

Obiwan: "But he still has much to learn, Master. His abilities have made him... well arrogant."

Yoda: "Yes. Yes. A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones."

Obi-Wan: [returning Anakin's lightsaber] "This weapon is your life.

Obi-Wan Kenobi to Anakin when he talked about Padme: "Be mindful of your thoughts, Anakin, they betray you. You've made a commitment to the Jedi Order... a commitment not easily broken... and don't forget she's a politician. They're not to be trusted."

Obi-Wan Kenobi to Anakin: "You have allowed this dark lord to twist your mind, until now, until now you've become the very thing you swore to destroy.

Anakin Skywalker to Grevious: "General Grievous... you're shorter than I expected".

General Grievous: "Jedi scum!"

Obi-Wan Kenobi: "We have a job to do, Anakin. Try not to upset him".

Obi-Wan to Anakin: "You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. You were to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness. "

Obi-Wan Kenobi after using a blaster and shooting and killing General Grevious: [throws the gun away] "Uh! So uncivilized."

Yes I'm an Obiwan fan... :)

May the FORCE be with you.

Edited by neokanobi

I love that line, especially because it's an absolute.

"Only Sith deal in absolutes." -- Obi-wan

The above statement is an absolute.

Ergo... Obi-wan is Sith.

Still misunderstanding that statement? /facepalm

He is stating Anakin, just like any other Sith, only deals in extremities, no mid-ground, you either obey his rule and bow down or be destroyed, this is how the Sith deal with all problems, it was re-affirming the fact that Anakin no longer existed, there was only Darth Vader, the Sith Lord, left.

Still misunderstanding that statement? /facepalm

He is stating Anakin, just like any other Sith, only deals in extremities, no mid-ground, you either obey his rule and bow down or be destroyed, this is how the Sith deal with all problems, it was re-affirming the fact that Anakin no longer existed, there was only Darth Vader, the Sith Lord, left.

But the way Obi-Wan said it is also an absolute. The entire statement leaves no room for interpretation or debate.

Then again, debating sucks. Look how long the Jedi Council takes to debate over anything... It's a wonder the Republic is still standing by the time they finish debating. :p

Darth Vader when Luke force jumps out of the carbon freezing chamber "Impressive" then after Luke disables it "Most Impressive".

Something Something Dark Side: Peter Griffen and Lois in the carbon freezing chamber when Peter gets frozen and Lois tells him he loves him and replies "**** off".

Han Solo being tortured at bespin shouting "Hot, hot, hot"

Sith Inquisitor Belsavous quest "The last of the Law" imitate Eliss Ruger: "Roger that. This is Eliss Ruger. Wish I could help. But busy dying for a worthless cause. Over.

A statement being an absolute=/=Dealing with all problems in such absolutes.

You just can't accept the reality that Obi-Wan was the perfect dark side jedi. Look at the way he manipulated Luke to leave Tatooine...

First, he tries to Mind Trick him "You will come to Alderaan with me." But Luke's mind was too strong. And when it doesn't work, you can see Obi-wan thinking... plotting his next move.

So, he hires assassins to kill Luke's family, and kills of the Jawas as a cover story. I mean, seriously... "Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise?" Please.... When, in ANY of the movies, was there an example of Stormtrooper accuracy? And he already KNEW that Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru were dead. How? Why? Because he ordered the hit.

Compare that with the Stormtroopers' actions in Mos Esley. Sure, they have a checkpoint up, looking for droids. The missing droids from the massacre at Owen's moisture farm. When the respond to 'shots fired' at the Cantina, and are looking for a murderer, they do a door-to-door search. And what do they do? They KNOCK. And when there's no answer, and the door is locked? They kick it in? No... they move on to the next one.

When they FIND the murderer who is in the act of fleeing the planet? They give orders to stop him - to LOAD YOUR WEAPONS! That's right. They're looking for a murderer - and armed and dangerous fugitive - with unloaded weapons.

Stop believing the 'history' as written by the victors. Instead, judge by peoples' actions. Who's the bad guy, really?

Edited by Cobb

"I know." when someone tells you they love you.

PS did you know the line originally said "Just remember that Leia, because I'll be back", but Harrison Ford changed it? Lad.

That's because Harrison Ford is the BOSS! Imo, Star Wars was his show. He didn't just steal every scene he was in, he hijacked them and held them for ransom. LOL

You just can't accept the reality that Obi-Wan was the perfect dark side jedi. Look at the way he manipulated Luke to leave Tatooine...

First, he tries to Mind Trick him "You will come to Alderaan with me." But Luke's mind was too strong. And when it doesn't work, you can see Obi-wan thinking... plotting his next move.

So, he hires assassins to kill Luke's family, and kills of the Jawas as a cover story. I mean, seriously... "Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise?" Please.... When, in ANY of the movies, was there an example of Stormtrooper accuracy? And he already KNEW that Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru were dead. How? Why? Because he ordered the hit.

Compare that with the Stormtroopers' actions in Mos Esley. Sure, they have a checkpoint up, looking for droids. The missing droids from the massacre at Owen's moisture farm. When the respond to 'shots fired' at the Cantina, and are looking for a murderer, they do a door-to-door search. And what do they do? They KNOCK. And when there's no answer, and the door is locked? They kick it in? No... they move on to the next one.

When they FIND the murderer who is in the act of fleeing the planet? They give orders to stop him - to LOAD YOUR WEAPONS! That's right. They're looking for a murderer - and armed and dangerous fugitive - with unloaded weapons.

Stop believing the 'history' as written by the victors. Instead, judge by peoples' actions. Who's the bad guy, really?

Um...Obi-Wan never mind tricked Luke into anything, he needed his help.

The Rebel Troopers aboard the Tantive IV, would like to disagree with you on stormtrooper accuracy.

Not sure what having unloaded weapons means has to do with anything, even so its a moot point because they loaded them anyway.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi