Character Customization suggestions

olusiek

1. Body tattoos. Ranging from basic signs on some part of the body, to full body like tribal painting or something like that. My Togruta, zabrak and Rikitaki toons would greatly appreciate that.

2. Hide/Enable hood. there are a lot of sets that make us either wear the hood, or have it hang on our back. It would be a great addition to have the ability to take off the hood or put it on while wearing the set with the hood.

3. Age slider. that I think is pretty self explenatory.

4. Lekku length sliders. That's specifically for Togruta race. Allow us to change length of the front ones as well as the back one's.

5.Muscle sliders. Sliders that would allow us to adjust the size of our body as well as how much carved it is. It would also allow use to make fatter characters.

Edit:

6.Hoods for Togruta and Twilek. Again self explanatory.

7.Separate eyebrows slider.

8. New options if it comes to zabrak hairstyles,, togruta and rikitaki jewelery and twilek headpieces

9.Some jewelery overall, as armor pices, so we could use them in Customization later in the game

I think that's all, in the worst case I will just edit the post and add a point or two.

Edited by olusiek

The character-appearance option designers of all MMORPGs would do well to look at ESO, GW2 and FF14 for good variations, especially ESO and FF14. (GW2 is plagued a little by the "fixed body types" issue that plagues SWTOR, although there are more body types ("physique options") than in SWTOR.)

Absolutely. Character customization needs a touchup or an overhaul.

It needs way more than that, but I try to stick to the things that we might actually get, in a not so far future. And these Ideas are only about the character first Customization. I have a whole list o things for the armor pices and changing the looks in game.

Hi, I like this idea too. What I like to see if we had 3 to 4 different slots that we can change our hair, makeup etc so we have a new custom look for different story related.

+10 from me. Please make it happen!

Edited by olusiek

Cybernetics as a feature instead of a species. The ability to have cybernetics and facial hair.

Species/class tattoo unlock after completing class story. I want my Imperial Agent with BH's tigerstripe face paint.

More facial hair options. Various mustaches and beards.

Jewelry for both sexes. Earrings, nose rings, and eyebrow rings with asymmetric choices.

Body type Short and Fat.

Body type Tall and Skinny.

Age slider. Teen, 25, 40, 65, 80.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Cybernetics as a feature instead of a species.

Do. Not. Touch. Existing. Cyborgs.

I happen to like the way that my main Cyborg commandogirl looks, and her look cannot be reproduced on humans because her face-shape doesn't exist.

Also, anything that involves messing with the sliders is beyond fraught. Example: Open an Appearance Designer kiosk on a Human Female, and watch the sequence of hair slider numbers on the right-hand end. You'll have a bit of a surprise.

• 2 weeks later...
Dye inversion in color matching: Some colors can't be reproduced and some armors don't put the primary/secondary colors where you would expect them to. This feels like a small feature that would go a long way for players.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=966741&highlight=dye+inversion

It's less obnoxious when the dye you have comes in "forward" and "reverse" variations (e.g. Black and Deep Red // Deep Red and Black), *and* they are both easy to acquire without CCs. (B+DR is crafted using a schematic you can buy from the reputation vendors on Oricon. Not sure about DR+B.) Put the reverse variation on the contrarian armour piece and *don't* unify it (or disunify it using the little toggle by each armour piece).

The character-appearance option designers of all MMORPGs would do well to look at ESO, GW2 and FF14 for good variations, especially ESO and FF14. (GW2 is plagued a little by the "fixed body types" issue that plagues SWTOR, although there are more body types ("physique options") than in SWTOR.)

I agree !

Add to that list STO (before it went south) … it had (still does) one of the best character AND companion customization around. Had they spent as much time with content and ship interiors as they did character and companion customization …. I'd probably still be playing that game. (but that's another topic for another day !)

It's less obnoxious when the dye you have comes in "forward" and "reverse" variations (e.g. Black and Deep Red // Deep Red and Black), *and* they are both easy to acquire without CCs. (B+DR is crafted using a schematic you can buy from the reputation vendors on Oricon. Not sure about DR+B.) Put the reverse variation on the contrarian armour piece and *don't* unify it (or disunify it using the little toggle by each armour piece).

I agree, but a lot of dyes arn't available in reverse and a lot of the base colors for armors simply don't exist ex: https://i.ibb.co/YfYZPhq/Invert.png

But what really makes this important for me is of how easy this seems to be to implement. Simply add another toggle above the color matching icon we already have and then swap the colors.

if(inverted)

{

temp = primary

primary = secondary

secondary = temp

}

//the end

It's something that bothers me a lot when creating outfits for charcaters and theres a quick way around it which makes it even more annoying.

Weapons in the outfit designer!

How is this not a thing yet! I guess the only thing in the way is the fact that color crystals have stats (which shouldn't have been the case in the first place), but the crystal stats are a drop in the ocean of stats you have at this point.

I'm certain there's a good way for Bioware to repay players who have those legacy unlocked and give something to artificers. This woulkd be a good money drain and you improve charcater customization.

Weapons in the outfit designer!

How is this not a thing yet! I guess the only thing in the way is the fact that color crystals have stats (which shouldn't have been the case in the first place), but the crystal stats are a drop in the ocean of stats you have at this point.

It shouldn't ever be a thing.

The right way to do it is to put weapons into their own system *like* outfit designer, so that people have the option to change their active weapon-look independently of changing their active outfit-look, and vice versa.

And no, I don't think (based on what they said) that the crystals are an issue. The stats on armour in outfit slots don't count for anything, so why should the stats on weapons in weapon-slots count?

It shouldn't ever be a thing.

The right way to do it is to put weapons into their own system *like* outfit designer, so that people have the option to change their active weapon-look independently of changing their active outfit-look, and vice versa.

That would mean making a whole new system and addding new UI. Adding it to the existing system would be much simpler.

I don't think they have the manpower to implement a new system at the moment. You're right in saying that on the user's end it would be better to have seperate systems for those, but I don't see it happening.

And no, I don't think (based on what they said) that the crystals are an issue. The stats on armour in outfit slots don't count for anything, so why should the stats on weapons in weapon-slots count?

Thats what I mean. If there a skin over your weapon with the stats what s the point in having a crit crystal over an endurance one? Which means implementing it f*** over people who have bought both and unlocked them with CC. Futhermore what's thye point in having a level 50 yellow crystal if you can use a level 1 crystal?

I'm curious. What did they say about this?

Thats what I mean. If there a skin over your weapon with the stats what s the point in having a crit crystal over an endurance one? Which means implementing it f*** over people who have bought both and unlocked them with CC. Futhermore what's thye point in having a level 50 yellow crystal if you can use a level 1 crystal?

The crystal in the skin would only matter for the colour, of course. The crystal in the "true" weapon would count for stats in the same way as it does now *and* in the same way as the mods and such in your "true" armour count for stats.

Don't forget that there hasn't been a *functional* difference between level 1 crystals and level 50 crystals for a very long time anyway. (Colour is a non-functional difference for gameplay purposes.) They are *all*(1) +41 of some stat or other.

(1) There are a few exceptions, notably some mission rewards e.g. the crystal you get as a reward for busting up Moracen and Spanios's romance, which are lower that +41, but not many. The very first crystal schematic your Artifice crafter gets makes +41, and so does the very last one.

I'm curious. What did they say about this?

I don't off the top of my head have an exact quote, but the gist of it was that player weapons and all sorts of companion gear are very different from player armour, and it would have been lots harder for them to build:

* Outfit Designer for Companions

* Weapon-look Designer(2) for Players

* Weapon-look Designer for Companions

(Of course with the advent of companion-gear stats being irrelevant at the release of 4.0, the only problem with a lack of WLD for Companions is inventory space, and in spades for OD for Companions.)

(2) Whether as part of Outfit Designer or independently.

• 2 weeks later...

- I'd like for them to separate height and size scales. Make it so I can choose at least 5 different heights and 5 different sizes. 4 premade takes away from players feeling more unique and I find I use the two middle options and don't even bother with the outside two. Though the heavier female option I would use more for females if it didn't look like someone squished it.

- I'd like to have more then 3 - 4 different heads. I don't think we need each head to have 3- 5 different shades to them. Give us more unique heads and leave the different shades to complexion. I say give each race 5-10 different heads.

- Different voice choices. The voice should either go with the race so if I make a Sith trooper he should get the Sith voice or the Trooper should have 3 - 5 different voice options. Gets old having a ****** toon with a whimpy voice or a tiny, sneaky type toon with a heroic voice.

- Tattoos. Works just like scars but call it facial decoration or something and include the scars.

I could've added a crap ton of customizations but I'm trying to think small here. Baby steps that don't take too many resources to do, like a complete customization overhaul would, but would breath new life into the game, at least for me.

Edited by Darth_Vainous

- Different voice choices. The voice should either go with the race so if I make a Sith trooper he should get the Sith voice or the Trooper should have 3 - 5 different voice options. Gets old having a ****** toon with a whimpy voice or a tiny, sneaky type toon with a heroic voice.

This is totally infeasible for SWTOR because of the amount of recorded player-character voice material. Well, unless you mean combat grunts only. All player-character lines are already recorded a minimum of three times (class companion romance lines), more often at least six (class-story lines) or even 24 (faction-story lines) or 48 (class-and-sex-independent lines). If you add a second voice option for each class, you would count on doubling all of them, and consequently doubling the VA cost of new player lines *and* the player-audio part of the downloads.

This is totally infeasible for SWTOR because of the amount of recorded player-character voice material. Well, unless you mean combat grunts only. All player-character lines are already recorded a minimum of three times (class companion romance lines), more often at least six (class-story lines) or even 24 (faction-story lines) or 48 (class-and-sex-independent lines). If you add a second voice option for each class, you would count on doubling all of them, and consequently doubling the VA cost of new player lines *and* the player-audio part of the downloads.

What about effects on the voices, isnt this what they use when peeps have their helmets on? Im sure our brilliant devs could come up with a variety of worthy voice effect inclusions if they chose to add a feature like this.

It's very sad how you people are always on and on about what cannot be done, never using your thoughts to explore what could be.

• 2 weeks later...

Want to bring this back to the front as they need to add all customizations to all the characters classes and species types. If I want a blue eye Chiss then I want a blue eyes Chiss. If I want tattoos on my jedi or a certain hair style fro a male for my female or female hair to male or even makeup on a male more than the very few I have seen. Goth makeup is unisex. Tattoos should be not limited to jugs or mandos

More eyes more makeup more scars, more complexions, more skin tones, face types and so easy since they are already in the game just restricted.