Best DPS class for PVP

Mardalador

As far as I've seen, it's a tie between one of the Sorcerer specs, and Sniper.

I've seen Snipers 3-shot geared tanks in Pre-49, and 5-to-6 shot geared tanks in 50 warzones. They deal so much damage, it's unreal.

Even on Captain Kruhnch, my stealthy, when I get the jump on them with a buddy, I still fully expect the attack to fail.

I think that Sorcerers are somewhat overplayed, though - they're good DPS, but not nearly as good as Snipers can be.

Honestly only reason why Sorcs get high damage on the boards is because they aoe/dot everyone up. 1 v 1 they have almost no burst and its just a kite fest..

Top damagers imo are probably Sentinels/Vanguards/Gunslingers

Sentinels - Sustained damage/great survibility/good burst

Vanguards - Highest burst/good survibility/can nuke anyone down but has a long "overheat" period

Gunslingers - Close to same burst but more frequent but not mobile/can be los'd.

hands down the operative right? i mean if we're so good we unsub people for them. . .that's the best kind of dps i think

but seriously. i hear people saying vanguard/gunslinger/sentinel and their mirrors are the best DPS for warzones right now.

each bring different things to the table, so it's more about preference right now.

Powertech.

Powertech x2 if you are capable of sparying your taunts, which are off the GCD, and cost no resource to use.

Why just do amazing damage from range w/ stuns, when you can do amazing damage, stuns, and cause everyone to also inflict 30% less damage?

Powertech.

Powertech x2 if you are capable of sparying your taunts, which are off the GCD, and cost no resource to use.

Why just do amazing damage from range w/ stuns, when you can do amazing damage, stuns, and cause everyone to also inflict 30% less damage?

This! Powertech (Pyro spec) is the top PvP dps in the game right now...They put up the highest numbers in dmg un contested considering equal gear to others, and can Taunt as well...They 1v1 extremely well, and in a group are even better...There is no downside to PT Pyro spec atm.

People will tell you they are glass cannons and die easily... But thats perpective. I have a DPS Pyro Merc, and a Rage specced Jugg. In a WZ I can smoke a Pyro Merc in seconds...I cannot however do the same to a PT Pyro spec....

Another arguement is PT has no CC...this is also wrong...I get stunned by PT's everytime I get near one..so they have enough CC..... If you have tons of CC you just resolve cap your opponent anyway...all you need is enough CC, and they have that.

So my Vote is a resounding PT Pyro for top PvP DPS.

Ptech/vguard. The reason why is that I don't know you. You might be good you might be bad but you can't mess up a ptech/vguard. It is by far the easiest of all my classes and it is great. Sorc is one of best 1-49 though. DOT specs are always great when pug'n during lvl'n. However, at 50 sorc dps sucks (can still top chart though its just worthless dmg).

Sniper is another good option. The dmg they put out is great and they have utility as well. Sniper is becoming my fav class.

This! Powertech (Pyro spec) is the top PvP dps in the game right now...They put up the highest numbers in dmg un contested considering equal gear to others, and can Taunt as well...They 1v1 extremely well, and in a group are even better...There is no downside to PT Pyro spec atm.

People will tell you they are glass cannons and die easily... But thats perpective. I have a DPS Pyro Merc, and a Rage specced Jugg. In a WZ I can smoke a Pyro Merc in seconds...I cannot however do the same to a PT Pyro spec....

Another arguement is PT has no CC...this is also wrong...I get stunned by PT's everytime I get near one..so they have enough CC..... If you have tons of CC you just resolve cap your opponent anyway...all you need is enough CC, and they have that.

So my Vote is a resounding PT Pyro for top PvP DPS.

you can kill a powertech just as fast if not faster then a merc. with both AC having mirror defensive cooldowns and the merc actually having more CC im pretty sure stating that a merc dies in seconds but a pyro does not is blatant misinformation.

As far as I've seen, it's a tie between one of the Sorcerer specs, and Sniper.

I've seen Snipers 3-shot geared tanks in Pre-49, and 5-to-6 shot geared tanks in 50 warzones. They deal so much damage, it's unreal.

Even on Captain Kruhnch, my stealthy, when I get the jump on them with a buddy, I still fully expect the attack to fail.

I think that Sorcerers are somewhat overplayed, though - they're good DPS, but not nearly as good as Snipers can be.

Did you seriously just say that Sorcs are one of the best DPS classes? On these forums? Good luck to you, sir.;)

you can kill a powertech just as fast if not faster then a merc. with both AC having mirror defensive cooldowns and the merc actually having more CC im pretty sure stating that a merc dies in seconds but a pyro does not is blatant misinformation.

First...I never said it had to do with Defense at all. Second we both PT and Merc have a stun. Merc has a KB which would be counter productive for a PT..so they have grapple. And Concussion missle is another CC but try using it on a dot'ed target...it breaks on dmg....Is great if someone is dumb enough to trinket the 8 sec stun sure Ill give you that.

To sum things up PvP is kill first and win. PT is a close combat fighter with all instant abilities...Merc is a Ranged fighter with very minimal kiting abilities and all but 2 skills are cast bars, and their rail shot does not have 100% reset like PT!!!....Thats why mercs die faster... Their skills never get out of the tube......

So fight a PT and a Merc in equal gear and then come back and tell me the Merc didnt die faster...Do it I am confident of the outcome.

First...I never said it had to do with Defense at all. Second we both PT and Merc have a stun. Merc has a KB which would be counter productive for a PT..so they have grapple. And Concussion missle is another CC but try using it on a dot'ed target...it breaks on dmg....Is great if someone is dumb enough to trinket the 8 sec stun sure Ill give you that.

To sum things up PvP is kill first and win. PT is a close combat fighter with all instant abilities...Merc is a Ranged fighter with very minimal kiting abilities and all but 2 skills are cast bars, and their rail shot does not have 100% reset like PT!!!....Thats why mercs die faster... Their skills never get out of the tube......

So fight a PT and a Merc in equal gear and then come back and tell me the Merc didnt die faster...Do it I am confident of the outcome.

given the context of your argument the TTK between merc and pt is the same, the difference being that the pt will do more damage to you.

I'm surprised PT was only mentioned a few times. They are one of the more high damage dealers that I've played against in this game.

I would say it's ranked this way

1. PT/Vanguard

2. Sent/Maras (If you can't get over 200k+ dmg playing this class you're doing something wrong)

3. Assasins (I don't think their mirror close at all even tho I've played Infil/Balance Consular)

4. Merc/Commando (Assault/Pyro skill)

4. Ops/Snipers (Effing Ayyyy I hate these guys!!)

5. Gunslingers

Notice I put two number 4s there lol I think it can go back and forth but they are good at damage.

I've learned how to deal with Sent/Maras a lot better as a Shadow but if they get the jump on me it's over for me everytime. Ops/Snipers I seriously just want to pop stealth when they come near but it they get that close to me I'm usually stun locked for a good 10-15 seconds and dead within that time frame.

PT's which I play against almost every match it seems like within 3-4 moves I'm dead against them. I stun, CC, knockback and they still wind up coming out on top. I make it a point to only go against them when I'm with a healer or a DPS. Sometimes it just does not matter tho lol

I'm surprised PT was only mentioned a few times. They are one of the more high damage dealers that I've played against in this game.

I would say it's ranked this way

1. PT/Vanguard

2. Sent/Maras (If you can't get over 200k+ dmg playing this class you're doing something wrong)

3. Assasins (I don't think their mirror close at all even tho I've played Infil/Balance Consular)

4. Merc/Commando (Assault/Pyro skill)

4. Ops/Snipers (Effing Ayyyy I hate these guys!!)

5. Gunslingers

Notice I put two number 4s there lol I think it can go back and forth but they are good at damage.

I've learned how to deal with Sent/Maras a lot better as a Shadow but if they get the jump on me it's over for me everytime. Ops/Snipers I seriously just want to pop stealth when they come near but it they get that close to me I'm usually stun locked for a good 10-15 seconds and dead within that time frame.

PT's which I play against almost every match it seems like within 3-4 moves I'm dead against them. I stun, CC, knockback and they still wind up coming out on top. I make it a point to only go against them when I'm with a healer or a DPS. Sometimes it just does not matter tho lol

Uh, classes are mirrored on both sides, so if one is at number 4, so would the other one. Gunslinger/Sniper are the same and so are Shadows/Assassins.

Also, I'd like to train these 10 to 15 second stuns on my operative, because mine just has 1.5 second knockdown that requires stealth and the same stun that every other class has. He does have a mez, but that breaks on damage and other classes have those too.

Maybe exaggerating on the time of the stuns but if you have 2 or more on you then it damn sure comes close...It's hard to tell when you're rooted to one place which a knife causing electricity to surge through your shaking toons body lol. And when I'm in matches with Ops/Snipers they seem to grp together and work very well and bringing down tanks.

As far as mirroring classes...as much as I want to believe that I just don't. Lightening is just stronger than flinging pebbles at your foes...I've tried it. I don't believe all classes are equally mirrored.

given the context of your argument the TTK between merc and pt is the same, the difference being that the pt will do more damage to you.

And?...You seem to be driving home a point that I never denied! Congratz Captain obvious!..... /Golf Clap

Do you actually have an opinion on this topic or are you just here to state obvious ppoints that no one is contesting?

Maybe exaggerating on the time of the stuns but if you have 2 or more on you then it damn sure comes close...It's hard to tell when you're rooted to one place which a knife causing electricity to surge through your shaking toons body lol. And when I'm in matches with Ops/Snipers they seem to grp together and work very well and bringing down tanks.

As far as mirroring classes...as much as I want to believe that I just don't. Lightening is just stronger than flinging pebbles at your foes...I've tried it. I don't believe all classes are equally mirrored.

They do 1.5 seconds of knockdown on top of the same stun that everyone else gets. It is not close. You are over exaggerating the time and any two classes can chain their stuns, that's not the fault of the class. You faced two people, you are supposed to lose. You aren't supposed to survive against two people without help of your own. You are complaining about people using teamwork against you.

Also, Ops and Snipers are different classes, get it right. As much as you want to wish or believe that classes aren't mirrored, it isn't true. It is fact. I also play both sides and the difference is cosmetic. Just because lightning looks like it does more damage than throwing a pebble at someone would, doesn't mean it does in practice.

i switched from Annihilation to Carnage, big difference in Damage done.

I'd have to agree with you. :D

At least for me, maybe because I got used to using Ann, I suck when it comes to Carnage spec. Maybe I'm too afraid to stick with it longer than than 2 wrzs.. But my DMV decreases by 40% or so.. I hate having a 4 sec window with 100 % penetration.. If u get stunned, goodbye.

Best damage output I've seen in a ranked WZ came from a Powetech (surprise surprise) who did about 880k total damage, and a Marauder who did around 920k. Both in civil war against our team in full War Hero.

I've not seen anything else pull those numbers against a well equipped team. I can pull maybe 650k when all the stars align on a very good day on my Commando.

Edited by Jherad

I was AS on my Vanguard for awhile but it's so absurdly broken that I went SS. My GS has burst comparable to AS, but alot of the dmg can be easliy mitigated. So it balances it out. Sentinel is alot of fun great survivability and dmg. I'd say the skill level is higher.

So if you want to faceroll go Pyro/AS.

GS/Sniper requires more tactical approach like where you are going to set up and your targets.

Sentinel/Mara is fun for me atleast because it's very fast pace, and rewards good game play.

Just some food for thought. :)

Edited by HeavensTerror

Best damage output I've seen in a ranked WZ came from a Powetech (surprise surprise) who did about 880k total damage, and a Marauder who did around 920k. Both in civil war against our team in full War Hero.

I've not seen anything else pull those numbers against a well equipped team. I can pull maybe 650k when all the stars align on a very good day on my Commando.

Dam! I bet that took 30 min! Lol.. What spec was the marauder?