Join us in our next Weekend Pass

CourtneyWoods

Throughout the month of March, thousands of people began their personal Star Wars™ saga by taking part in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Weekend Pass Free* Trial! We want to thank everyone who has taken part in the program so far, and we want to continue allowing those of you who are curious about the game to have the chance to experience The Old Republic™ for yourselves. That is why we are happy to announce that BioWare and LucasArts will be holding a third Weekend Pass Free Trial in the month of April!

Read More

You should organize the oceanic transfers and server mergers before inviting more people to the game.

There is a lot of complaints of low pop servers which as already stated most newcomers will head to a server with a higher pop.

You probably should start by locking out character creation on high pop servers at least.

Starting to smell of desperation... give it a rest whilst you implement 1.2 and sort out server populations. Don't be that company that is always focusing on new business and not retaining it's existing client base!

This doesn't feel like an attempt to gain new subscribers so much as a way to put bodies on the servers, to keep current subs from jumping ship.

Whatever their motivation I don't mind the free weekends if they bring in new people, but at some point the free time given to non-subs is going to feel like a slap in the face to the people actually paying them. Bioware themselves have stated that 1.2 will put the game were it should have been at launch, meaning that we've been paying full price for a game they consider incomplete. While I'm happy with the game at the moment, I do feel that Bioware seems unfocused and unsure how to deal with issues as they come up.

Might be a good idea to fix the game lag, fps, and disconnection (9000) issues current paying players with brand new top of the line desktops are facing before you invite another gabillion people to play on an already defunct server! :D

This doesn't feel like an attempt to gain new subscribers so much as a way to put bodies on the servers, to keep current subs from jumping ship.

Yeah, because having lots of people on the starter planets helps us all get get groups for flashpoints or WZ to pop.

/facepalm.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people who play SWTOR will twist any piece of news - literally any - to make the game look bad. :mad:

Perhaps its because the other two landed them a bunch of new subs? The pop on my server (Starstorm One) does seem to have grown in the last few weeks.

I for one welcome our newbie brethern, and would be dropping into Tython to say hello if I wasn't scheduled to be working this weekend. :(

Bioware keep on amazing me beyond what i ever thought possible... Thank god i wont pay another month for this, i feel like a dairy cow, just that they're milking money. Wurm Online until D3 and GW2 for me... Edited by SveNnes

You people think they are desperate? Are you being serious?

Every single mmo does a free trial, like the person said a Couple posts up, you people will twist anything to make the game look bad. Grow up, a free trial costs them NOTHING and only encourages people to buy the game.

Doom sayer1: "game is dying!!!!"

Doom sayer2: "free trials and more players, game is dying!!!"

I seriously hate this community.

Yeah because 100 percent of free trials apparently subscribe and not just play for 4 days.

I would of been please with "free trials" somewhere after transfers for the oceanic.

But technically the game has only been out in Australia for a month and they are already doing free trials. This does not scream good marketing... This screams help...

This is why some people are skeptical of said "free" weekends.

Yeah because 100 percent of free trials apparently subscribe and not just play for 4 days.

I would of been please with "free trials" somewhere after transfers for the oceanic.

But technically the game has only been out in Australia for a month and they are already doing free trials. This does not scream good marketing... This screams help...

This is why some people are skeptical of said "free" weekends.

Why would they limit free trials by region, when everyone can log into the same servers?

again, another twist of words.

Figure out some way to give those of who ACTUALLY PAY for the game a way to bypass the login queues.

You have 30 days to figure this mess out, then I am cancelling.

If that is the only reason for you cancelling your subscription, then you are just the biggest QQ'er I have ever seen lol.

Might be a good idea to fix the game lag, fps, and disconnection (9000) issues current paying players with brand new top of the line desktops are facing before you invite another gabillion people to play on an already defunct server! :D

Really? You experience all that with a high quality pc? I run the game on a ****** XPS desktop that I've had since 2005/2006 and I rarely, if at all, experience any of these problems. The only problem I have ever had was disconnection. But that is more of an issue on my end (the user end) than on the server's end.

I joined up after the last free pass. I am really enjoying the game and think it's great to give people a chance to play, even if they may not know someone already playing.

As for fixing what's broken first, well I also play the sims3 and this is linked to EA, and they never seem to fix sims either. I just play as best I can, and thankfully what errors I do find are not enough to take away my enjoyment all together. Too bad there wont be any mods available from 3rd parties that can fix this game like there are with the Sims.