Yesterday's Patch Issue

JWild

1. If you are currently re-downloading the client, and are in initial "downloading" phase (around 11GB), you can exit the launcher to interrupt this download and play 1.2 tomorrow without having to complete it. If you reach any "installing" phase, you will need to complete the re-download.

I just loaded the launcher, as a post on reddit confirmed that 1.2 was available for download (i.e. login/patch servers are online).

Last night I was on 11.1GB remaining of the original ~11.8GB client redownload, and as instructed in the sticky, part of which is quoted above, I stopped the download and closed the client.

Now that 1.2 is downloadable, the launcher is continuing to download the remaining 11.1GB.

The reason I chose to not redownload the client is that I would be downloading for ~30 hours at my internet's download speed. Now it looks like I cannot play 1.2 for another 30 hours from now?

Note: I definitely did NOT reach an installing phase for the ~12GB client redownload.

Edited by JWild

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, no disks, but like advised in devtracker yday i stopped the original download before the 1st install phase

Same for me. I downloaded the game originally so have no disks.

When it screwed up last night and started the 12GB download, my only option was to leave the PC on overnight and still not be finished in time for 1.2 server uptime (my internet isn't great atm).

Then we were told clearly in a sticky that we could avoid the issue by closing the launcher mid-11GB download, which I did. Now it isn't working as we were told.

I don't think you'll have much of a choice, unless you have disks. To play it safe, I suggest that anyone with this issue should just start downloading it now. Yes it sucks, but if it were me, I'd much rather have the d/l started because you can always cancel it if a dev discloses an easier way to do it.

The reason they had yall stop redownloading yesterday is because if you would have finished the download/restarted your client it would start the download over again. repeatedly and forever. sucks that you gotta redownload everything however.

I don't think you'll have much of a choice, unless you have disks. To play it safe, I suggest that anyone with this issue should just start downloading it now. Yes it sucks, but if it were me, I'd much rather have the d/l started because you can always cancel it if a dev discloses an easier way to do it.

Slightly annoyed that I was planning on doing that last night and leaving the PC to download it while I slept.

Instead Bioware told me not to because it would "fix" it. Apparently not.

The reason they had yall stop redownloading yesterday is because if you would have finished the download/restarted your client it would start the download over again. repeatedly and forever. sucks that you gotta redownload everything however.

That's not true. It patched to 1.2 early because it detected 1.2 was released through a mistake on Bioware's end.

This was then fixed and the launcher detected it was 1.1.5, did a quick check for 1.1.5 files and found I had none of them installed (I had 1.2 files which are not the same due to the way patch installation occurs - it merges 1.2 data with existing asset files to make a new version). It then started to install 1.1.5 (the live version at the time).

If I left the PC to download the client again, it would patch to 1.1.5 and be done. It wouldn't redownload the client more than once.

Edited by JWild

Slightly annoyed that I was planning on doing that last night and leaving the PC to download it while I slept.

Instead Bioware told me not to because it would "fix" it. Apparently not.

QFT >.> This whole thing is just getting a bit annoying. First we're passed off as an insignificantly small section of the community.

Then we're told to do something because 'everything will be ok tomorrow' which doesn't appear to be the case. With no official response (that I know of) for almost an hour now?

This is really shoddy :/

Then we're told to do something because 'everything will be ok tomorrow' which doesn't appear to be the case. With no official response (that I know of) for almost an hour now?

This is really shoddy :/

Senior Community Manager and his team are probably mostly sleeping now.

• Dev Post

Hello everyone. Unfortunately, the Community Team has learned that some of the information we gave yesterday was inaccurate with regards to this this issue, and some players may be required to fully install the game again before playing today.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and will be updating you all with more details in this thread as soon as they’re available. Thank you!

Edited by AmberGreen
Updated for Clarity

Hello everyone. Unfortunately, the Community Team was given incorrect information with regards to this this issue, and some players may be forced to fully install the game again. We apologize for the misinformation, and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience to anyone affected.

As soon as more details are available, we will be updating our main thread about the issue.

Well done....

Hello everyone. Unfortunately, the Community Team was given incorrect information with regards to this this issue, and some players may be forced to fully install the game again. We apologize for the misinformation, and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience to anyone affected.

As soon as more details are available, we will be updating our main thread about the issue.

Your joking right. Please get your god damn act together there in Austin. Again another play day down the drain. I hope we can get some compensation about this terrible costumer support :mad:

Edited by mebeli

ahahah this is priceless!!! guys at BW do you even speak to eachother or what??

Feel free to send me the game discs (Free of charge) cos I am not re-downloading the whole bloody game again.

Such an amateur display on your behalf.

Downtime is exactly that, it's downtime where you guys do your work behind the scenes for a smooth transition back into game play for the paying customer.

Why any of us were able to download the full patch before servers were taken offline is anyone's guess. The fact that many of us it appears, not just a "small few" as you say have been affected by the 'glitch' is ridiculous.

We've just been spun a line throughout this fiasco with no real help or advice coming from anyone.

I repeat .... total amateur display.

Now this would be a proper reason to rage unlike the rated wz threads etc.

To easy your pain i will play 2x the time i planned to just to make up for your loss!

On a serious note, i am not hit by this but BW really dropped the ball here :(

Edited by Lhaim

Really really amateurism action here. What are you going to do to the players that got affected with this problem and stopped the download. Saying your sorry doesn't add up this is really *********** unbelievable.