Suggestion: Don't let F2P need on off-stat items.

Vandrain

As the title says. 50% of them just need without looking and the other 50% need it for Mako. And after the party made it clear for them that they are not having common decency they cant trade it to anyone.

Please make it so that they can only need on items benefiting their specific class in Flashpoints. Or if you are feeling cheerful, let them at least trade.

I forget, can the items only be traded during a certain time or can they also be mailed? If they can be mailed, at least Preferred players can do that; I can't recall if completely free accounts can send mail since I've never had a free account. If they can't be mailed, maybe BioWare should make it so if the trade is initiated by a subbed player then the other player can trade.

How about we just prevent everyone from needing an off-stat items. There are plenty of subs that do this too. A few people in our 16 person Xeno HM Ops PUG group were pretty ticked last night when some dummy playing a Sage needed on both pieces of loot at the end even though one was heavy armor with Aim stats and the other was heavy armor with strength/end stats. Considering that Sages can't equip heavy armor and their main stat is Willpower that was very uncool. Everyone else had selected greed and this dummy snuck in with a need roll after everyone else had selected greed. And then slinked quietly out of the group without a word when a couple of people spoke up about it. At least F2P players are more likely to do it because they don't understand how the game works, etc. and you can still fix it with a trade if you explain things to them. Subs have no excuse.

Don't let anyone in Group Finder Need on off-stat items.

You know what I see more often than anything? This scene:

• F2P: Why did you Need on that?
  • Sub: Oops, sorry. Let me trade it to you.
  • Sub: Oh, crap, I can't trade it because you're F2P. Sorry man.

Oblivious, selfish, or clueless rolls are not constrained to F2P, and they hurt good F2P's as much as anyone else. A few days ago, a level 53 Marauder took a 46-item-level Cunning upgrade from my Operative Healer because "Endurance is Marauder's primary stat" and the item gave him "400 more health", so "he deserved it more than me".

He was a subscriber.

How do you know what F2P player rolled on? To date, I have seen nothing that specifically shows me if someone in my group is subbed or F2P.

Subbed players were doing this waaaay before F2P was introduced. You entitled people are all the same. You see F2P players as undeserving or even a sub class of player. Don't forget, without F2Pers, your group finder may not have even put that group together.

How do you know what F2P player rolled on? To date, I have seen nothing that specifically shows me if someone in my group is subbed or F2P.

Subbed players were doing this waaaay before F2P was introduced. You entitled people are all the same. You see F2P players as undeserving or even a sub class of player. Don't forget, without F2Pers, your group finder may not have even put that group together.

In the early levels you can tell when they don't have sprint. But that's really the only way I can see.

Oblivious, selfish, or clueless rolls are not constrained to F2P, and they hurt good F2P's as much as anyone else. A few days ago, a level 53 Marauder took a 46-item-level Cunning upgrade from my Operative Healer because "Endurance is Marauder's primary stat" and the item gave him "400 more health", so "he deserved it more than me".

He was a subscriber.

sub then you won't have this issue i don't mean to sound mean but i don't think it is fail to allow f2p to need unless they can trade, many jerks in every game when it comes to loot sorry this happened but them the breaks.

even if you subbed you would still see the is same issue a jerk is a jerk f2p or sub.

sub then you won't have this issue i don't mean to sound mean but i don't think it is fail to allow f2p to need unless they can trade, many jerks in every game when it comes to loot sorry this happened but them the breaks.

even if you subbed you would still see the is same issue a jerk is a jerk f2p or sub.

um, he/she IS subbed, or they wouldn't be able to post here. Also, your post is a non sequitor. Better luck next time, buddy.

I'm a subscriber and have been since I found the game in January. The Marauder simply refused to let me have the Cunning upgrade, and tried to trade me an unmodded Elegant Loungewear Top as consolation.

He was a subscriber.

Sadly you have to expect that from Sentinels/Marauders they are the overplayed easy mode class commonly spammed by 12 year olds with no understand of the game whatsoever because you don't need any to play those classes.

and the other 50% need it for Mako.

I hate this, whenever I make a new character, I always run through BT/Esseles until I get the chestpiece for my class (IMO, always the coolest available custom piece at level 10). The last few times I've done it I've lost rolls to companions and eventually just ended up getting a guildie to run me through with a 55 for the gear. Of course, then I see all sorts of people whining in general chat that they can't get queue pops for group finder. Guess what? Don't need roll on stuff for your companions and maybe people will group with you!

In any case, subscribers are causing at least as much trouble here as F2P, maybe more as I don't think I've had an F2P player do this to me yet.

The reason I take issue with F2P is that I voice my opinion when they pull that crap and most of the time the rest of the group agrees with me. The F2P then tries to mend the ways when threatened of being kicked if they dont hand over the ninjad item, which they can't because they are F2P.

I know douchebags are both F2P and subs. But there is no denying more noobs are F2P (omg free mmo, 10 euro is too much) and just click randomly. There is no way to get the item from them even if they see the point.

This can also be used a "I made a mistake and F2P wont let me correct it - not my fault" kinda bs. Goes both ways.

Just add roll restrictions. As a DPS queues can stretch to hours only to get your loot snatched from you by some monkey thinking his companion would look so cool with a sniper rifle they cant use.

Edited by Vandrain

I know douchebags are both F2P and subs. But there is no denying more noobs are F2P (omg free mmo, 10 euro is too much) and just click randomly. There is no way to get the item from them even if they see the point.
I don't know about that. To be honest, most of the F2P's I've encountered have been pretty good players. Maybe newbies in the sense of still learning the ropes, but not "noobs" in the pejorative sense of causing trouble. Usually they're here from another MMO, so they understand the basic concepts already.

For me, more often than not, it's an arrogant prat subscriber who causes problems in my PUGs. Maybe I'm just "lucky"? :confused:

Still, this is splitting hairs. I think we can all agree that the Need button is overly-generous in SWTOR, but I guess I see that as a generic issue and not something that specifically has to be dealt with about F2Ps.

I don't know about that. To be honest, most of the F2P's I've encountered have been pretty good players. Maybe newbies in the sense of still learning the ropes, but not "noobs" in the pejorative sense of causing trouble. Usually they're here from another MMO, so they understand the basic concepts already.

For me, more often than not, it's an arrogant prat subscriber who causes problems in my PUGs. Maybe I'm just "lucky"? :confused:

Still, this is splitting hairs. I think we can all agree that the Need button is overly-generous in SWTOR, but I guess I see that as a generic issue and not something that specifically has to be dealt with about F2Ps.

I've had the opposite experience. It's pretty easy to spot the f2p's when I do hard-mode's. It's also pretty easy to spot the people in raiding guilds. For exactly opposite reasons.