One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

EXPANSION means the thing is expanding... learn 2 understand....

im so sick of reading all the complainment of people with psychical-disorders...

if you do not like the game.. LEAVE... stop crying a whole river...

dont cry for me argentina ..*sing*

If reading this makes you ill, perhaps you should avoid the forums. And what do you means people with "physical-disorders"? That's a rather insulting remark...please explain what you meant.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a new race to play and more character slots and I'm 100% in but a planet is ify for me. Sure you get 5 extra lvls and new gear but I would rather see a new species to play. Planets that I just go to and leave and thank god I'm off of that rock, mmm not sure about that.

im so sick of reading all the complainment of people with psychical-disorders...

I give you my opinion on what the term "expansion" means.

Then i insult you because you do not share my opinion.

Then i order you to leave the game for the exact same reason.

Nice way of posting, man.

If you're sick of reading it then leave and stop YOUR complaining.

Complaining about complainers...haven't seen you here before. :rolleyes:

Psychical-disorders? I think forum discussions may not be your thing.

So Allison, how many exhaustion zones will Makeb have?

Do you know how amazing this game could be if they removed the **edit**ing exhaustion zones?! They drive me CRAZY!!! They serve no purpose and should NEVER have been put in-game...ever!

Do you know how amazing this game could be if they removed the **edit**ing exhaustion zones?! They drive me CRAZY!!! They serve no purpose and should NEVER have been put in-game...ever!

Better then Invis-o-walls, but I do agree some of them are annoying, especially on Tatooine. Perhaps in the future they will lessen them by opening the areas up for whatever reason.

Edited by Altyrell

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.

I can understand not wanting to pay a lot for extras, but if this new planet is better than Alderaan, then I'd say $10 is too cheap. it costs a lot to make all that content after all employees aren't working for EA or BioWare for free. They are in business to make money. Alderaan alone to me is stunning, even with the work of putting misty clouds moving across the distant mountains. It's huge, and I can't imagine the amount of work that went into making just that one planet. Based on the press release for ROTHC it sounds like they are going for something better, which would be quite a feat. I'm looking very forward to the expansion.

Better then Invis-o-walls, but I do agree some of them are annoying, especially on Tatooine. Perhaps in the future they will lessen them by opening the areas up for whatever reason.

I really hope they do...Tatooine is exactly where it's the biggest problem.

Give me a new race to play and more character slots and I'm 100% in but a planet is ify for me. Sure you get 5 extra lvls and new gear but I would rather see a new species to play. Planets that I just go to and leave and thank god I'm off of that rock, mmm not sure about that.

I'm in the opposite end. I'd rather have new skills than a new race. A new race is completely cosmetic and then you're just playing the same the same game.

I still don't understand this argument. What would rather have then invisible walls? I personally don't mind the warning "there is nothing beyond this point to explore."

Or would you rather roam the endless dessert endlessly.

I still don't understand this argument. What would rather have then invisible walls? I personally don't mind the warning "there is nothing beyond this point to explore."

I'd like to go from end-end on the planetary map.

Well I'd quite like to roam the desert endlessly, not quite so sure about the dessert. :)

However in Tattooine it's not so much the edges of the Dune Sea that jar, it's the exhaustion zones seperating the towns, and worse the one seperating the Agent quest area in the corner of the Dune Sea.

These are as bad at the one that kills you half way across an ankle deep "lake" in Balmorra. :eek:

This is a very personal statement. And by that definition: Not one WoW expansion was worthy of your definition of expansion because a group of people beat most content of all those expansions within the first few weeks.

Its for the average player, its always for the average player.

• 1 month later...
It also doesn't have 3 new operations 6 new flashpoints 2 new warzones a new race and a new class. I don't know how any one can say this cruddy little swtor expac is in any way shape or form up to the standards of a real MMO expac.

Which is stuff we get constantly in patches. WoW currently has eight battlegrounds and it has been around for almost a decade. SWTOR has five warzones and it has been around for a year and a half. WoW just gives the players a bunch of content at once and make them pay for it. If I have to pay ten bucks to get more in the long run (because we get all the rest for FREE) then, yeah, I'm happier here. So, all in all, with all the content coming our way in the future and this expansion pack, I'd say SWTOR delivers 1/2 of what WoW does with this expansion and future updates (half the leveling content and no new classes, we are getting a new race though).

Equal in size to one of the larger planets? So let me get this straight. You're calling this Chapter 4. Chapters are typically 3-5 planets INCLUDING these larger planets. BS. Complete BS.

Let's talk level content wise. Alright, Chapter 3 starts at Level 41, correct? If it ends at Level 50, that's 9 levels for a Chapter. With exp inflation, 5 levels for a chapter is reasonable. Remember, this planet is going to have to have enough quests to deal with that exp inflation. Size doesn't really matter. Amount of content? That's a different story. And judging from exp increases, we'll be getting plenty of content.

Let's talk level content wise. Alright, Chapter 3 starts at Level 41, correct? If it ends at Level 50, that's 9 levels for a Chapter. With exp inflation, 5 levels for a chapter is reasonable. Remember, this planet is going to have to have enough quests to deal with that exp inflation. Size doesn't really matter. Amount of content? That's a different story. And judging from exp increases, we'll be getting plenty of content.

Or rather large experience rewards for finishing class missions...:D

It sounds like tRotHC will act as a gate to future sub-content. Like 1.7-EVERYTHING will require the expac to play so anyone who doesn't buy will get ZERO new content from future patches. Anyone else think this is what they're planning?

I don't think so. I think all new Operations and other end-game content in the patches will be locked for people without the expansion. But new warzones and low-level flashpoints will be available for those without the expansion though, so, no, I don't think so. New end game content, though, will be gated.

So because other idiots do cash grabs we should be forced to sit through them? Good logic.

Since this popped to the top, I'm going to say NO ONE is being FORCED to purchase this DLC. That's exactly what this is, DLC and DLC in most games is around 10.00, single player, co op and mmo. EA isn't doing anything that everyone else isn't doing but there are so many of you that despise EA so much that you're willing to warp this into a huge debate. If you don't want it, don't get it. No one is telling you that you have to have it. Just like subscribing, EA isn't twisting your arm and forcing you to subscribe. Yes, they are holding back things and making you spend money on them but you know what, why should F2P players get what subscribers get, they shouldn't. Don't have to sub, don't have to buy the DLC.

Exactly this. We used to call them Adventure Packs back in the old EQ and EQ2 (before it was F2P) days. 10 bucks and you basically got a small zone with a dungeon. Some nice gear that was relevant yet only obtainable in the zone / dungeon and some other silly vanity stuff. They usually kept you busy for a month or two, untill either the next one or the next expansion came out. The nice thing was they wern't mandatory to have. This Adventure Pack is. By increasing the level by 5 they are making a requirement for you to buy an Adventure Pack.

Now granted we are most likely (read hopfully at least) going to get playable Cathars; but unless this planet is as big as Hoth, Voss and Corellia combined, and the amount of exp required to get from 50 to 55 is the same amount that is required to get from 20 - 50 I see people burning throught this in a few days.

Please EA call this what it is. You want to make an actual expansion you're going to need to add a bit more than has been mentnioned and/or previously promised.

Do you know that a lot of people burned through MOP in a day? The expansions aren't targeted towards those people. They are targeted to the people who play, enjoy it but have LIVES! Sure, in a couple of weeks to a month, the leveling content will probably be burned through. However, that's what a half-size expansion like this one will do. MOP, a full expansion, double the amount of time.

When it comes to new classes, I really don't understand this argument. Adding new classes would take forever with the way SWTOR does it. And now 5 new levels on top of it? Forget it. WoW can add new classes because not much is required for missions in their game. We're not getting new classes and, honestly, I'm okay with that.

When it comes to the planet size, I'd bet it has about ten times the content as Voss or Corellia. With the XP increases, that will be needed. And with all the bonus quests they put in (you know, ability to outlevel the planet), we will have a large amount of content.

As for no extended class stories, we knew this was going to happen. The story couldn't go on forever and they even said before (we all know how much we love to throw that around) that it was going to come together into one story. They made the connection to the Avengers but take that as you will. All chapters will probably deal with an overall faction story which I'm pretty excited about since now they can really escalate the war (which people have been complaining about). I think it's a good, solid expansion and look forward to the release.

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

Sorry but this is not an expansion. This game is not set up to allow for a true

expansion. You'll never be able to continue the players storyline since you'll never be able to afford the voice actors again.

Sorry but this is not an expansion. This game is not set up to allow for a true

expansion. You'll never be able to continue the players storyline since you'll never be able to afford the voice actors again.

Please define expansion then ? New levels , story , skills , abilities , operations , flashpoints ... It includes everything an expansion can bring to a RPG.They don't have to continue character storyline in every expansion. Maybe they make an other expansion which includes class stories. People perceive it as an priced patch because they don't prefer to waste money on hardcopy editions. Get used to see more digital expansions ( not limited to swtor , all games will be avaible digital only in close future ) because its cheaper to host it to people instead of spending money on hardcopy transportation costs.

Edited by kijthae

Since this popped to the top, I'm going to say NO ONE is being FORCED to purchase this DLC. That's exactly what this is, DLC and DLC in most games is around 10.00, single player, co op and mmo. EA isn't doing anything that everyone else isn't doing but there are so many of you that despise EA so much that you're willing to warp this into a huge debate. If you don't want it, don't get it. No one is telling you that you have to have it. Just like subscribing, EA isn't twisting your arm and forcing you to subscribe. Yes, they are holding back things and making you spend money on them but you know what, why should F2P players get what subscribers get, they shouldn't. Don't have to sub, don't have to buy the DLC.

This sort of advice is completely counter-productive. Both to players and the developers. EA/Bioware WANT people to buy this stuff. That means more money for them. Players should WANT other players to purchase DLCs, because that means the dev team could get more funding for future content.

Thus, when you tell people they don't HAVE to buy something, yes you are correct, BUT you are not contributing. Yes, there are plenty of people that are just whining. But there are an equal number of people protesting and voicing their legitimate concerns about how unhappy they are with the product, which is what you DO when you are unhappy with a product. The best thing people can do is make their voices heard with their wallets. Unfortunately, in this game, I fear if that happens, future content will be severely lacking.

So, in conclusion, instead of telling people "listen, no one is putting a gun to your head", why say anything at all? Why not let people voice their concerns? Why not LET EA/BW HEAR those concerns, so that they can make something better in the future?