New Abilities?

LordRaeth

Does anyone know what the new abilities are for sage and shadow? I was hoping for a more athletic agile move like the way sentinels can jump kick people as well as additional leaps. Also maybe a lightsaber deflect ability for tanking like I heard guardians are getting?

New Ability Highlights

Sage: A new ability, Force Barrier, has been added. Force Barrier projects a barrier around the Sage, providing immunity to all damage and effects while channeled (up to 10 seconds). Force Barrier is trainable at level 51.

Shadow: A new ability, Phase Walk, has been added. Phase Walk allows the Shadow to place a mark that can be instantly returned to at a later time, after which Phase Walk goes on cooldown. This ability is usable in stealth mode and trainable at level 51.

God I hope not or it will be useless. On the other hand, if it's not interuptable it will OP'd in PvP.

The Sorcs will have a Barrier to, so it will be evened out, But it will Probably be like Force armor for both sides where if Electricity hits ur Force armor then it will destroy ur FA on Contact sometimes and other energy weapons.

I think it will be whether what hit u. was it Energy or Kenetic that will matter about breaking the barrier like Force Armor.

Is Barrier interruptable?

When used by itself it is interruptable. However ALL sages will be getting the mental alacrity buff that use to be only accessible in telekinetics. Mental Alacrity on top of decreasing channel times makes it so you can not be interrupted for 10 seconds... the exact duration of force barrier.

They're getting rid of Tumult, according to Darth Hater. My sweet, sweet spin kick, one of the precious few close combat abilities my Sage possesses, is going away.

heheh its okay .. are they replacing it with something else?

Edited by Therakiel

you know i really thought project storm might make it into this game in a patch or at least this expansion guess I was wrong...damn. if we have to play with rocks at least give us a BIG ^%&*% rock

Yeah I was really disappointed about that myself.. I really wanted to see an new animation for telekinetic throw and I know its not a hard change to make. Pretty much everyone that plays the consular wants a new change.. there are a few out there (very few) that dont.. There was a guy that made a video on a new animation for Tk throw where it was large chunks of rocks hitting people and not just tiny little pebbles that come out of thin air... even on a space ship?? like really? lol why not throw metal panels at them? as for project people dont like the new animation for it either and feel that it looks kinda funny... i liked the old animation personally... to make sith sorcs the same as the old animation for project where it kinda floated in the air we could make there shock charge up then shoot it?

• 2 weeks later...
God I hope not or it will be useless. On the other hand, if it's not interuptable it will OP'd in PvP.

I don't see how. It's a channeled ability, and you can't do anything else while casting it.