Biochem crit chance without companion crit bonus

pooks

Hello

I would like to make implants with sockets but don't know the chance or lack thereof of getting a socket if I send a companion off that doesn't have a biochem crafting critical bonus.

Can I still get implants with sockets or will it be so bad that the return rate is like 1/100 tries?

What is the difference in getting a crit with a companion with the biochem crit bonus and using the companions with no crit bonuses for biochem?

Thank you.

Increasing your companion affection level increases your crit chance.

At 10k affection on all my Sorc minions, none of which have any bonus to biochem crit, yield about 1 in 6 items with an augment slot.

This is just from my limited sample set of course. But you can definitely get them at a much higher % chance than 1 in 100.

+15% is what 10k affection gives you. Both efficiency and crit. It's been tested.

There is a minimum crit chance as well, though I don't know what it is. I know this because the droid can crit things on occasion.

So a companion with a crit bonus and 10k affection would be 15% +x%, x being the critical bonus of the companion.

Edited by DustomaticGXC