Question about swapping specs

RackorThreeK

Hi,

Im sure this has been asked before but i have not been able to find previous threads.

Anyway I am currently playing a Arsenal Mercenary and i am wondering how much my gear would differ if i wanted to swap to Bodyguard, is it true that i can just use my dps gear and effectively heal?

Thanks

I do DPS as arsenal and it all matters when your secondary stats come into effect. aka accuracy, power, crit, surge, etc.

I havent healed yet or really reached a level to understand which secondary stat is better for healing as opposed to DPS but I would imagine it would be crit and accuracy(for rapid shots anyways) other than that anything that uses tech power. Dont quote me on this but his link may or may not be useful.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Secondary-Stats

Aim is our primary stat. Doesn't matter if you are healing or DPSing, Aim trumps all. At max level I am sure we will encounter soft/hard caps and not want more Aim after a certain point, but for now it's all about the Aim. Unless they start itemizing gear as +heal or +damage there shouldn't be any difference.

like he said. Aim is primary. I have also been specing into Crit, and at 30 I beginning to start looking to add surge to increase the amount my crits hit for.

Alacrity is pretty decent for healing, but outside of healing it is worthless.