Slicing is now nerf, but was it needed?

Invictis

Slicing is now nerf, how bad I do not know. But a big thanks to all the whiners out there. You could of just screw yourselves. This (WILL) have an impact on the economy. Think your going to get top $$ for your items on AH? Slicing was good for the economy all around, it was also great for the ppl that didn't want to craft, but that just wanted to paid for something. Now did it really need fixing, perhaps, or perhaps ppl needed to be a bit more patience to give the market a chance to settle in to see the real effects of the economy. Here's the deal with me and I'm sure a lot of other people, the reason your crew skill isn't netting you a lot of cash just yet is because most ppl that are leveling right now are NOT buying gear as of yet. You can get most of the best gear by doing quest, heroic group quest, and Flashpoints. You crew skill is going to shine once a big chunk of ppl hit lvl 50. BW could of waited for that at least. Let's hope slicing doesnt become a useless skill because of these people. Another fear I have growing is if BW is going to submit to all the ppl complaining. Just give the game time before you start messing with crew skills that have a ripple effect on the economy. There's a LIST of problems that demand BW attention and I don't understand how this was on top of there list. Anyways thanks for taking the time to read, I'm open to anybody's opinion good or bad.

I would like to (***)ume that they only nerf it by a small %, hopefully no more then 20%. It's the point that the major player base is not up to lvl 50 yet to see the full effects of the economy. Most players on here have a full time job to attend to, which leaves little time for a few or a lot to devote there time to crafting. Which is where slicing comes into play for this player base of people. I really hope this isnt going to hurt those people the most. I don't want to feel like I have a second job in this game. Shoot making money in the real world poses a big enough challenge as it is, I don't want that same challenge in my get away from life.

It's kind of amusing, really, now that we've reached a point where the influx of credits from Slicing stood to benefit crafting and gathering professions the most.

I went Cybertech / Salvaging / Slicing, and I've spent a fortune on Underworld metals. Right now, high level gathering resources are bringing in top dollar, and I'm making as much selling excess Salvaging resources as I am from Slicing. With a nerf to Slicing, however, we should see less credits in the economy, and craft goods and resources will likely sell for less. A nerf to Slicing is basically a nerf to everything. If I have less credits, then I won't be able to spend as much on what I need from other professions.

I still don't exactly see the need to nerf Slicing, not when gathering skills have the potential to earn so much on the GTM. All I can think of is that it takes a bit of intelligence to make money on the open market, but Slicing is moderately brainless.

Really, what they needed to do was fix Slicing so that running missions for Augments isn't a waste of time and money.